So... About that creator program...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FluffyCloud99, Mar 18, 2024.

1. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

Can the devs do game drops for watching dcuo streamers? I can see the perks and rewards they can do.
    They did that with RAG back then, where the patriotic base items is a rare item only few ppl got.
    Hopefully they can bring something like that back again and change it up to this program.
    • Like x 1
  2. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

So what you're saying is that you want dervish to remain the same and the dependency of SS movement tree? :eek:
    • Like x 2
  3. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

ugh so is this going to be like the round table all over again? Cause that didn't go well at all
  4. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Isn't it kinda strange that we don't have a dev posting about this on the forum somewhere, to at least get the eyes to look at it? Hmph.
    • Like x 2
  5. Proxystar #Perception

That 2 week Spring Holiday

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  6. lamourboy001 Well-Known Player

The one who says artswapping is a completely natural and intentional because trinket items swapping has also been allowed since the beginning of the game...

Thanks, anyone else but you LOL
    • Like x 2
  7. SilkyPawz Bunny

:rolleyes:

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  8. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Every player on these forums that talk about art swapping as you do are the most hypocritical players there are. Artifacts have been around since 2017, and I made my video on advanced swapping in 2021 and players were swapping well before I released that video. But all of a sudden now in the past year now art swapping is an exploit and unintended :rolleyes:

Nothing has changed with artifacts and there are only 2 out of 40 adjusted to address swaps. Just because its a "hot button" topic doesn't mean artifacts are acting any differently than they have for the past 6-7 years. It's not any different than any other system in DCUO. Jump Cancelling>WM>AM>Stats Revamp, doesn't mean art swapping wont change in the future like other dps systems but to claim that its not natural/unintended/exploiting is laughable at best and is the weakest of arguments.
    • Like x 1
  9. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

Maybe the PS players don't like it? The time it takes to inventory and swap an art vs PC mouse speed art swap. I don't know. Some have spoke on this.
    • Like x 1
  10. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

Art swapping may have been an intended thing to implement by the Devs, no one cares about the ability to art swap, it's a good thing in the game to be able to swap artifacts to suit the needs of the encounter, team or anything in-between. What people didn't count on was that the effects would stay active, that's what people don't like.

Artifacts in 2017 were good, they gave the whole group stats instead of just yourself. You could also only equip 1 at a time, later 2 then 3. Artifact swapping didn't become such a huge issue UNTIL roughly 2019-2020 time due to the fact that there were not that many artifacts we wanted to use at the same time. Now that there are 7+ artifacts for each role (including misc ones like supply/orbital) that it's just obvious that players, especially this community will try and find every possible way to better themselves, even if it means spending half an encounter in their inventories.

What people don't like about this swapping is the effects stay on you/the group when the artifact is swapped. Meaning damage is stupidly high, meaning bosses get more health next episode to compensate. Those who don't art swap are gonna feel like content is to damage spongey and it will just make it an ache to complete. Take the new elite alert for example. Teams are now in there running 1 tank and 3 DPS because it takes so long otherwise and they get annoyed at the health pools of the bosses
    • Like x 4
  11. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Just as the issues from AMs that led to the attempt to fix them at Stats Revamp it doesn't mean that Artifacts don't need or won't be adjusted in the future. The track record of changing artifacts is very poor in DCUO. Eye of the Gemini fix was a half measure that arguably made it worse for healers now that they are expected to go full SC regen with SC generator moves and black adam ally or even running Quislet. Now with WolfPack tokens DCUO is even less likely to adjust artifacts because there is no way to fortify a wolfpack so if troublesome swap arts like DKS were adjusted you will have a wave of players upset after spending $100. Not that players spending money should discourage balance but players are upset when anything changes in DCUO. Just like SS you will find the same conversation with artifact changes "just buff all other artifacts to be as good as X"
    • Like x 2
  12. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

Artifacts don't need to be retouched if they would just remove the effects from players if the casters artifact is removed from their character during combat.

Artifacts themselves don't need to be nerfed/buffed/modified besides what is stated above.
    Sure people will be upset, but it will not change the fact that the artifacts they have are still the same and can be used in combat, while swapped. See claw for example. See everyone is not using full power? Swap to claw mid fight to buff the team. If they are running low on power, swap off it and instead use another artifact that gives much more power out. You are still using the artifact to it's potential, it's just not going to stack anymore. That's where the entire problem lies with art swapping, the stacking buffs
    • Like x 3
  13. Alaskan Aurora Well-Known Player

You just always trying to get stuff you don't like nerfed my guy. Stop acting like you're a dev my guy.
    • Like x 2
  14. zNot Loyal Player

He and other who have a problem with a balanced game are most likely the same ones on ingame/dc complaining how the content is so easy but same people using every broken thing the game has to offer to make it even easyier
    • Like x 3
  15. TheeOwlsTalon Level 30

Maybe on ps4 but on ps5 it’s pretty instant unless you have slow fingers
  16. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

People spent over 10 years on this game arguing with others to feel the superior of being the intelligent guy over thousands.
    10 years of acting super intelligent on this game and arguing with others when it takes just a year to get to college and be a game developer. But still they haven't. So that's the give away of their true nature in their personal lives.
    • Like x 1
  17. TheeOwlsTalon Level 30

Why become a dev when we can just play dress up and build a base all day :)
    • Like x 1
  18. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Actions speak louder than words bud
    • Like x 1
  19. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I believe it was suggested, and there was an actual response... But I can't seem to remember what it was
  20. Miranda31 Well-Known Player

Lol. Playing Warlords III (turn-based) in 1995 was Old School. Also Doom and Hexen. But I didn't play much for years after that.
    • Like x 1