So... About that creator program...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FluffyCloud99, Mar 18, 2024.

1. Proxystar #Perception

Exactly, that's why I also said, by all means, give the guy a go, only time will tell whether he can avoid or refrain from some of his past historical behavior.

Everyone deserves a chance, but, I remain skeptical :D
    • Like x 2
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Haha right, and not a single video was made and we still like each other :D :D
    • Like x 2
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

This shows how little you understand how business works. Being the “biggest” doesn’t guarantee you any spots in any partnership you want. That’s not how life works. If you join a partnership you’ll be expected to act a certain way due being tied to the company. It’s not that complicated. You don’t need to keep cheerleading for your favorite creators ;)
    • Like x 2
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Wait didn’t you make that fake producers letter? Sorry I can’t associate myself with you any more! I’ll miss you!!
    • Like x 2
  5. Grant Gardner Level 30

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  6. TheeOwlsTalon Level 30

The being expected to act a certain way is true, the hiring already cheerleaders is another :)
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Haha, it's been nice knowing you Deity, I wish you well. :cool:
    • Like x 1
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

And who said that’s what they are doing? You’ve made up a story in your head completely void of facts. Who said they are only accepting “cheerleaders”? Who said they won’t accept criticism? You fabricated this scenario over a fear of your favorite content creators not getting accepted. All to have a “reason” as to why they weren’t accepted? Maybe OC and multiverse will be accepted. Maybe they won’t. Maybe one will and one won’t. You don’t know. The only thing we do know is that businesses will want to steer clear of any content creators that can make them look bad or promotes a toxic community, engage in undesirable behaviors, etc. if they truly want to participate in this program or any program at all than they have to know how to act and accept criticism themselves.
    • Like x 2
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Likewise
    • Like x 1
  10. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

So…, Hmmm…

We have had silence from the Company in regards to the road map for what to expect in 2024, especially in regards to the next DLC now that we are 6 months into the current DLC, they are wanting to partner with Content Creators to promote the game?

How about starting with addressing the concerns brought up numerous times by your customers!

Here are some things you can expect to see in the coming months:

• Collaboration with devs and teams at Daybreak Games
    • In-game perks
      • Each game will have its unique way of working with creators, along with the benefits they will provide.
    • Content spotlights
    • Giveaways and contests
    • Creator tournaments
    • Access to exclusive in-game features and other perks
    • Paid Campaigns
      • Social, streaming, YouTube, TikTok, and more.
    • Branded opportunities
    • And more!

“Here are some things you can expect to see in the coming months…” Maybe in the coming months new info will be released about the direction DCUO will be taking, what types of new stories will be told, what kind of new adventures are to be had. Fun things like that. Say, I wonder if one of the in-game perks could be… dare I hope… hmmm…. Maybe I’ll become a content creator too then!
    • Like x 2
  11. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

The timing of this is laughable. This should have been done a long time ago when things were much better, or within the last few years when things were on the down hill slide. Now this seems something to smooth (some) things over and I hope it does. Good for those that get in the program.
    • Like x 4
  12. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Daaaaaannnnnnng..

Kitty's got claws. ;)
    • Like x 1
  13. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Rawr!
    • Like x 4
  14. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

For a guy named Sleez, in fact. When that issue came out, I was really grossed out by the implications (because Barda's married, for one, and because they were being controlled, for two).
    • Like x 1
  15. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

Hold your claws and rawr for now.
    The time will come for your claws and rawr.

Soon when devs makes the right change for omnibus and CR clamp.
    And you can claw and rawr away on all the tiers with ease!
    • Like x 1
  16. Dene Devoted Player

Maybe I am interpreting it wrong but..

The few creators I see promoting games will be talking about something non related and then out of the blue will say.. "in my downtime when i'm not reviewing the latest tech thingy.. I like to play games.. one i've discovered is.. it's immersive.. it is fun " etc etc they then do 30 second bit and then go back to unboxing the latest headphones or whatever...

The ones i've seen, want to advertise to their target audience.. not re-advertise to current players.. so, in this game's case, they may go specific e.g. computer gadget people, PS creators that talk about the the hardware.. an xbox enthuiast.. a person that unboxes geeky stuff like figurines, comic book reviewers etc etc OR a young skater chick who seems cool and popular that will just mention us but she has such a cool following that people will look in to it just because she said so etc etc

Kinda like when a person reviewing the newest netflix show will suddenly start talking about the latest VPN they use etc
    • Like x 3
  17. Ghostknight Well-Known Player

Well, if you are talking about DCUO creators, especially on YouTube, there a quite a few that do more than just what you mentioned.:) Here are just a few on YouTubers, that put out excellent content, Achikah, MetaniteDC, Trexlight, Iconic Simulation, Dead Sea Scrolls Gaming, DCUO Justice League Ultimate etc... Of course, the big ones too: ObsidianChill and Multiverse

Facebook, Twitter and others have stuff too.

Peace and DCUO Forever
    • Like x 2
  18. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Reading some of this is funny. Imagine being the two posters in this thread thinking that we need to be concerned with their opinion of who should apply for this program based on their own history on these forms.

[IMG]

Anyone applying to this program shouldn't be just doing it for their own self interest but to use that position to not only expand DCUO's audience but also work to bring about real change within the game because no point in expanding the audience to bring them to a game in this current state. You also need to have your own conviction instead of just a hand out saying please daybreak may I have some more.

I will apply for it but I can say this, if there is a limitation on the type or nature of content we can discuss about DCUO then I won't accept it. I am the same player now as I was 8 years ago when I started posting on youtube. I've never once changed who I am with regards to DCUO.
    • Like x 2
  19. Sturmlocke New Player

Thanks for posting this, didn't even realize this was a thing until just now! I'm still a small content creator covering DC, EQ2 and a number of other Daybreak games, taking it step by step because my priority is being a dad + working 24/7, but I am actually glad that something is being done to support content creators from small to big. I'm still a very small fish in this vast ocean of creators, but my goal is to continue climbing up that mountain, even if it's at a slower pace. Once the kids are older, I will have more time and patience to do these things, and reading this news gives me something to look forward to. I like what I'm reading thus far tbh and I'm curious to hear more.
    • Like x 2
  20. TheMikeB Active Player

I don't want whirling dervish man anywhere near the devs. Some content creators are the reason the game is in the state it is. On the flip side I don't want randoms from the forums anywhere near the devs either. I remember when we were testing for the revamp we were told to avoid certain people. The dude who's name rhymes with Hex and the dude born in 1971. Reasons were ecause they just aren't good at the game.
    • Like x 1