Celestial: Admonish

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by CGEMINI, Mar 18, 2024.

1. CGEMINI Well-Known Player

The healing aspect of celestial suffers from admonish not being able to clip, like renew, if you cast it first. If you guys made this ability able to be clipped with other abilities like renew without having to use it, it would help Celestial keep people alive quicker. For example, I should be able to clip my priority heal (renew) into admonish (group heal). Currently, you cannot and have to wait for a huge dovetail, which makes a significant difference from other healers. All other healers in the game except Celestial can clip any ability into their group heal besides channels. So, I’m imposing that it should clip like the way they do as well. This really affects how well celestial can use artifacts like the Purple Healing Ray and the Page of Destiny. Currently, it’s quite slow to heal when you have to constantly wait for the dovetail animation to pass, and my group has died countless times because of it when other healers have no issues.
  2. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Celestial is in my opinion, the strongest healer. The best way I've found to heal with celestial, is with a technique like "preventative maintenance."
    Consider though, with your request, that celestial is the only full combo capable healing power. Which is where it's strength comes from. I'm not sure what you use for healing, but I've been a might/combo based healer since I have had the power. I've always been successful with healing in elite and survival modes with the following:

Plaque, Divine (virtuous), admonish, consume, blessing, priority heal (or curse, or SC like cursed idol). Curse actually heals more than priority heal, and plaque heals more than divine.

The end of plaque (corrupted virtuous) heals the whole group with a massive heal, and it lingers a bit too. Here's my rotation, for elite healing:

Shield up if you expect damage from the start (otherwise tank can take a bit or two of he's any good), then
    Plaque combo clipped to admonish combo clipped to consume soul combo, then either back to plaque (or curse combo if it's on your bar, then plaque).
    Only use priority to save the tank, always save it for the tank. Only use virtuous (no combo) in emergencies to save the group after a big hit.

The corrupted virtuous (HoT) mixed with the HoT from admonish, and the ticks of healing from consume, is sufficient enough usually to keep everyone going. It's extremely rare to need to use priority, so I'll usually run curse or cursed idol.
    • Like x 1
  3. CGEMINI Well-Known Player

Combos are interruptible and slow. The most combo I’m using is admonish. I’m not saying celestial is bad. It needs an improvement. There’s no reason for it not to be able to clip with its group heal without waiting that long dovetail animation when other healers do not. It’s really not fair. I’ve been all healers and all of them apply healing faster.
  4. bboy-rei Well-Known Player

I’ve had no issue healing elite content as Celestial, it just may be the people you run with ignore mechanics or think they’re still invincible in front of the boss or adds. Renew is spammable especially with Purple Healing Ray to get the effect activated and you also have Consume Soul as another spammable group heal option that can be clipped from Renew. I still am able to use Admonish during every rotation even while the group’s health is full to at least get Page of Destiny stacks to help alleviate deaths.
    • Like x 3
  5. CGEMINI Well-Known Player

Why is it that all other healers can instant cast their group heal immediately after a purple healing proc similar to their priority heal and celestial has to wait the dovetail animation of the previous ability cast that varies just to cast it again because no abilities clips with the group heal? It should be as immediate as the other healers because it does affect how fast it can get stacks with those 2 artifacts I mentioned. You always have to cast the group heal first just to clip with others and I still run into having to wait for other abilities animations to end before casting admonish again when it’s off cooldown. Do you see the problem? You can hardly be versatile with the loadouts if you require multiple healing abilities just to heal effectively. All other healers minimum is 2-3. Celestial shouldn’t require 4-5 abilities just to heal effectively. Without having to worry about the dovetail animation, it can do the same principles that all the other healers are capable of doing and that is being able to clip clip-able abilities into the group heal without having to use the group heal first and being able to instant cast the group heal after a purple healing ray proc. That dovetail animation is definitely making that difference that I could’ve been able to heal someone before they died and it does make a difference when it comes to getting stacks quick with page of destiny. I obviously don’t have issues when I use a full healing build for celestial. What about if I want to run a supercharge build or a battle healing? Having the same 4-5 abilities isn’t making it any versatile. All the other healers can adopt builds like this and still can heal with only 2-3 abilities. Why is celestial not capable of this through the same artifact privilege and same abilities. Plus it’s not like I’m saying buff the healing numbers. I am simply asking for them to implement a clip function for its group heal to still be able to instant clip without having to use it first just like every other healer. It shouldn’t be a hard implementation either because celestial’s priority heal has it and virtuous light.
  6. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Our group heal is also a very powerful melee/mid range attack. Imagine how overpowered celestial would be if that power could be clipped. The fact it's also a combo/DPS power is likely the main reason it is not allowed to be clipped. Every celestial DPS would use the **** out of that power if you could clip it.
    • Like x 2
  7. CGEMINI Well-Known Player

How is that powerful? It does reduced damage in healing role neither does it have the same effects. That’s no excuse.
  8. CGEMINI Well-Known Player

That’s not the reason. It could simply be an oversight.
  9. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

In DPS role, it does damage in that stance.
    There's no way to "turn off" the clipping ability when switching roles. Group heals on other powers can also clip while in DPS stance. Hence my reasoning.

Celestial was built for doing the combos, period.

If you're not using the combo, you're essentially shooting yourself in the foot and missing out on the combo effects. If you are going through a rotation, using combos, then everything basically can be clipped into the next power to keep the rotation going smooth.

If you're constantly getting interrupted (from your previous comment about why you don't like the combos), then maybe get a good tank in your group, and consider using the Lex Luthor ally passive, breakout trade. It GREATLY increases the time until you get interrupted again.
  10. CGEMINI Well-Known Player

Like I said still is an imbalance when you have every other healer except celestial able to clip the group heal instantly and celestial can’t. And celestial also has different effects in each role and you should know that. Admonish don’t even heal in dps role. Neither would it clip because it’s completely different. It’s the same reason why virtuous light and divine light are two different abilities. Very easy to balance. And plus admonish in healer role barely does damage.
  11. CGEMINI Well-Known Player

You recommended me this ally months ago it’s useless for me. How is it a tank's fault because I can’t heal them fast enough due to an animation delay? Like I said I played all healers and they all instant heal. Celestial takes way longer to heal and the healing does not make up for it either. It’s just as standard as the other healers.
  12. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I'm gonna go out on a limb here, and guess that, from your wording, you wish that celestial was 'just like the rest' of the healing powers?

Sorry, but I'll never jump on that wagon. Celestial is the "most unique" of healing powers, and strongest. Out of those in this thread, you're the only one having issues with celestial. I don't think it needs any changes. Perhaps maybe try a change of rotation, change of load-out, or maybe a power change to one of the healing powers that is like the rest? Celestial is great, and much more capable in elite content than any other healing power (maybe water could keep up close). When Celestial is used properly, taking advantage of its combo and interactions, it is undeniably noticeably the best choice.

I'm sorry you have had such repetitive problems with Celestial, but maybe celestial isn't the right power for you.
  13. CGEMINI Well-Known Player

What makes waiting for a dovetail animation unique? Let me know.
  14. CGEMINI Well-Known Player

The things that I’ve said never imposed for celestial to even be changed. How is an ability that should’ve been a clip from the start somehow removing the uniqueness from the power? If anything it’s called a quality of life change.
  15. bboy-rei Well-Known Player

Aside from specific content you don't even need to use full healing builds. You're good enough with Renew/Admonish/Virtuous Light as your 3 main abilities, the rest can be catered to the build of your liking. It would be nice if you could, but Admonish doesn't really need to be spammable from clipping when Renew is so when you cast Admonish once you simply use Renew multiple times or a Consume Soul if anyone else still needs healing. I mentioned Consume Soul as you can use it for any healing builds.

Clarion/Demon Fang battle healing with Shazam ally doesn't even use Admonish either.
    • Like x 2
  16. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Cool build, can you tell me your arts and how you spec SP? I just got back after 2 years, my current loadout is fine and seems to work for everything I've tried, but I don't use plague and you've got me curious now :)

I have 200 purple ray, page, arion, eye of gem, soul cloak, trans card, strat card. Around 650SP.
    • Like x 2
  17. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I think it's because we have consume soul, which is similar to a second group heal and is clip-able. I understand your point though; when comparing directly to electric, which also has a second group-style-heal, celestial is indeed slower. I've never found celestial to be "too slow" though. I've also been all healers, and once I went celestial, I've never left. I agree though that celestial can feel much slower than water or electric, but IMO sorcery is much slower, and nature is just shield-less :(

Since it's unlikely that the clipping status will change, try jumping into consume soul, and clipping consume with admonish. There's also divine light, plague combo, and the channel heal for group healing alternatives. That allows you set up enough time to do the full admonish combo, and clip it at the end.
    • Like x 1
  18. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Hi, happy to help!
    I use transformation, strategist, and page. (It's okay to swap in purple, but page helps in survival mode and elite as an emergency heal).

Allies: HoL bot or krypto for active. Lex Luthor breakout passive, and either cyborg or Oracle passive.

Superpowered spec (don't forget your movement mode point).
    All critical attack and critical healing. Full resto, the rest into might/power.

Plaque combo heals huge at the tail end, which is why I use it, 6 sec cool down, so it's ready to use frequently as maintenance healing. If you're trying to put out a little more damage, use the full combo on every power (virtuous has a great dot at the tail end). All healer gear used. Might trinket because resto is high enough.
    • Like x 1
  19. CGEMINI Well-Known Player

Unfortunately, they would most likely have to do the same treatment like virtuous light and divine light to balance the admonish being able to clip in dps role since I believe it’s the same ability in both roles. Not sure. From my understanding they are different with the same name because of the healing effects you get in healer role that you don’t get in dps role. But in order to keep the dps role from clipping they would have to make it 2 separate abilities if it’s not already 2 separate abilities. But other than that nothing is wrong with celestial. I’ve already came up with tons of really good loadouts. If you guys would like them just ask. I have prec and might + healer builds.
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

The reason you can’t clip using admonish is simple because you can do damage with it. This is how 99% of abilities work in dcuo. If an ability does damage than it cannot clip another ability. Admonish isn’t even the only heal ability that can’t clip. It just happens to be the only group heal.

But that shouldn’t even be an issue at all. You shouldn’t be spamming your abilities off cooldown to the point that you’re left having to clip with admonish. Can’t clip your priority heal with admonish? Than clip admonish with renew instead. Problem solved.
    • Like x 3