plans for the year

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by nadeemew, Mar 16, 2024.

1. Great Architect Loyal Player

No, he said, and I quote: -

"...existing live games will be maintained with investments necessary - we're not pulling money out, okay? We're going to invest as necessary to continue to prolong [...games... ] but when I say no major investment what I talked about earlier like we're not going to remaster DC Universe Online"

That's not me interpreting data. That's a straight quote. So please tell me how they are "not developing DCUO anymore", or "putting more money into other games"? He's talking about ALL of their existing games there, not just DCUO. No major investment for any of them.

So who's "Unbelievable" now?

Edit: Incidentally, I don't consider "cowpoop" or it's equivalent to be "swearing at you" it's a common phrase used in everyday life, but feel free to clutch your pearls because the forum language filter censoring that word makes it look like / makes you feel like I'm using something stronger :rolleyes:.
    • Like x 1
  2. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

You are super coping on this game dying. Whatever you want to interpret that as he’s still saying DCUO is not being developed any further AND he’s pulling funding into other games other than DCUO. The fact you agressively insist I’m wrong just tells me you want to make myself and others afraid to criticize Daybreak. BACK OFF! You are obviously just trolling and have no interest in being reasonable or critical about this game. Don’t aggressively reply to my comments to accuse me of “misinformation” either because I’ll consider that harassment at some point. You’re obviously trying to gaslight the community here and I find that disingenuous and troubling.
    • Like x 1
  3. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Going by their overall EG7 roadmap they plan to divert funds to other games but whether they actually do this or not remains to be seen. And we’ll never actually know how much they’ll compensate shareholders in the long run. I remember when it was said the cancelled Marvel game would have both it’s funds and staff diverted to DCUO and look how that turned out.
    • Like x 1
  4. zNot Loyal Player

Thats the exact isse,just invest enough for 2 episodes a year. How do u explain going from 4 large episodes a year to 2 mediocore at best sized episodes for the past few years? You actually dont think they cut on their investments on content?
    • Like x 4
  5. Great Architect Loyal Player

If you can explain to me how you get to your interpretation from the same comments that I am seeing in that video, I might be able to understand your position. As it is, you just keep repeating things with no evidence to back them up, and no explanation of how you can take the statements in the video the way you do.

The only people that need to "cope" are the people that think the sky is falling. I'm not one of them.

And making assumptions about my motivations isn't helping. You're not a mind reader, so I'm not "obviously" anything. I can't help how you feel about your assumptions, but they're your assumptions, not mine, so I have no control over that - only you do.
    • Like x 1
  6. Knight Racer Well-Known Player

Well, I'm not sure what the plans are for the New Year from Daybreak Games since they aren't releaseing a road map but my plans are catching up on feats that have remained unlocked. I left the game around 2016 and returned a little over a ear ago exploring other online mmorpg and console games. I had really hoped that DB would have listened to even the simplest of suggestions that would have helped them out and players like my incentivizing them to release all previous daily login reward styles people have missed out on over the years to the marketplace so I could finally get the enhanced future warden style that hasnt beeen added to dr.fate's vendor like so many have or even the base designing community raising the limits for larger style bases like the manors, house of legends and league halls. I figured those ideas can't be as hard as setting up a new dlc like making a new zone, new currency, styles to unlock for the zone, new villain, storyline and collections.
    • Like x 1
  7. Great Architect Loyal Player

I don't know. At a guess I'd say it was possibly because Jack Emmert left with half the Dev Team, IIRC, and they haven't recovered from that fully yet - but I could be wrong. The fact is that neither of us know one way or the other, so I'm not assuming anything. Something seems stretched, I would say, but whether it's the workload, the finances, or something else, I (we) don't know, and I'm not going to pretend I do.

I'm also trying to think of when there was anything that would count as the kind of "large investments" that EG7 are no longer making - I think probably the Switch Client was the last, possibly the Stats Revamp, and the graphics overhaul for the PS4 before that. There have only been a few in the lifetime of the game, and since then there haven't been any that I can think of?
    • Like x 1
  8. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

The solution is easy.

Stop spending money on this game until the developers give transparency or content gets released, and not a second before. Move on. You owe them nothing, and they owe us nothing. This isn’t a marriage, this is a reoccurring transaction until that transaction isn’t beneficial to one or all parties involved.

They seemingly cut bait with us and don’t respect their clientele enough to update us on the product, now is our turn to cut bait with them and play one of the infinite options out there to occupy our time and earn our money.
    • Like x 6
  9. BlackGryphon Well-Known Player

Enough already.
    He said that they said that you say that I say what?
    Show me a the link and I'll make my own interpretation; just as everyone else has.
    • Like x 1
  10. BlackGryphon Well-Known Player

:)
    • Like x 1
  11. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

OMG... You are Diety 2. :confused:
    • Like x 1
  12. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I actually miss Diety. Hopefully he didn’t see the winds of change and decided to leave. Hope he’s still around. Architect not so much. I’m not sure why he’s picking fights with me what obviously the CEO of Daybreak said? If you don’t trust what the CEO of Daybreak says I dunno what more anyone can say?
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You know how in some movies where the bank robber is telling everyone to just relax and no one gets hurt, then after he gets the money he shoots everyone anyway? I think some of us just have trust issues after witnessing a history of game developers saying one thing and then doing the opposite.
    • Like x 2
  14. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I agree with you about the aggressive nature of responses, though your responses that follow I hold as much more aggressive given the underlying threats you make, but the part highlighted above is at least mostly false. The only development in the video they said they were not going to provide was remastering the game. That's not the same as pulling all development, which is what your highlighted portion implies. We've already had a few updates since that presentation, and there are files in place now for the next episode, so the development so far already debunks your statement.
  15. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

As much as i joke...

He really did pretty much just stop posting the day of the layoffs..... Sure it's been a spatter her and there... but...
    • Like x 2
  16. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

I gotta get to work.. so I ain't got time to look into this...

Here's the EG7 report..

I do believe the gist was that DCUO was going into "Maintenace mode" and funds from the game was being transferred into other games....
    • Like x 3
  17. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Picking fights about what the CEO of daybreak said? You keep falsely saying the CEO said several things that were not said. Maybe provide actual statements instead of false statements if you do not want to be called out for it. Or explain what you're reading between the lines from the video with timestamps within the video.

It seems to me that you're just reiterating rumored statements instead of actual statements and never saw the video.
  18. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I’m not making threats here. You and Architect are continually telling me and others that are concerns aren’t valid. For some reason Architect is on some tangent that Daybreak CEO Ji Ham didn’t say they weren’t going forward with anymore progression on DCUO and saying that myself and others are giving misinformation. If that’s so where is the official clarification from Daybreak? Yeah right. You and Architect need to stop telling people they are the problem of the game by spreading misinformation. There’s no misinformation by being critical of his this game’s future isn’t very bright. Now can you please stop trying to bully me please for airing out my concerns for the game? Thank you.
    • Like x 1
  19. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Again BACK OFF! I’m not spreading out misinformation all the evidence is in the video. Stop harassing me!
  20. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

We have both said that we agree with many of your concerns, so now you're making false statements about what we have said too. Can you show some integrity, please?