plans for the year

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by nadeemew, Mar 16, 2024.

1. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Careful saying the gsme isnt in a good state is not backed by facts and can’t be proven.. lol
    • Like x 5
  2. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

You go back 13 years, and I've been a cheerleader for the Devs consistently since launch. I've criticized a few decisions, but for the most part I've received my share of shade thrown my way for being a sycophant for the devs.

This time is different, we've had a nearly 23 week drought in new content. We're days away from breaking the promise of a Q1 PS5 client with no word of whether this will happen or not. In fact almost no word of any kind about anything. People on the forums had to find out about the seasonal dropping by users posting about it in here.

Some of us are paying for this game, and if we're paying for something and not hearing from the provider, what other suggestions do you have to find out if the service we're paying for is still being maintained and updated. That's a reasonable request.
    • Like x 10
  3. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Those are just in this one thread, i don´t really want to go further to see how many other comments like this i would find.
    • Like x 3
  4. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

An extremely reasonable request, especially for those who open their wallet to this game. I've already closed mine until further notice though, I've suspended my payment for sub, and definitely not hitting the MP at until that further notice. Considering how long a lot of us have been here, I'm honestly a bit awestruck that with the amount of unease the player base is expressing, there's been ZERO reassurance or affirmation. I would even be settled of they posted a message saying, "We know absolutely nothing." That would be communication.
    • Like x 5
  5. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

First quote:
    Calling people out for spreading misinformation is excusing the company of what actions?

Second quote:
    " I think the appearances are pretty awful, though" That was referring to the company as portraying awful appearances, so I don't see how I'm excusing the company there...

Third quote:
    "Both should happen. ... more profitable products get more attention." I agree with people that the second isn't happening. How is that excusing the company again?

Fourth quote:
    Telling people it's okay to express their opinions negatively about the company without blatantly misrepresenting what members of the company have said is excusing the company how?

What I conclude from your post is because I believe people should have integrity, I'm excusing the company. If that's your interpretation, then there's no reason to continue this discussion with you.
  6. Proxystar #Perception

They're not diverting the money from the game into other titles, they're diverting the money to share holders as dividends to try and increase the companies value to stave off an attempt to force a sale, it's been happening for a year now.
    • Like x 3
  7. Sollace Well-Known Player

If you want to present a plan, you need to have a plan and a staff! ;)

[IMG]
  8. CGEMINI Well-Known Player

Yet, they have the nerve to lay him off. He must have left willingly because it is no way they laid him off when that is a needed position especially when they aren't communicating.
    • Like x 1
  9. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  10. Rorrigam Active Player

There’s several threads reporting bugs that have been going on for days, weeks, months, and even years. Threads with suggestions for QoL, styles, bonus weeks, and more. Most of them without being acknowledged by the devs or anyone besides players.

There has been a lack of content for what? 2 years? And no new content for half a year? (If you want to count the same seasonals we have had for years that’s different).

No communication from DI and I can keep going. What exactly do you expect to see in the forums? People talking about how great things are at the moment?
    • Like x 4
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I don't think he left willingly because he was asking if anyone was hiring for experienced community relations. You don't willingly leave a job of 13 years without a backup plan.
    • Like x 5
  12. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

The thing is that I do understand. This game got me through some really rough patches in my life, and I have always seen the potential for it to be a great game. As I said in another post, I've taken two breaks from the game for decisions made by people at the company. The first was around the time Time Capsules were introduced and I was tired of their marketing decisions. The second was due to being harassed by a former league leader after leaving his league, and support chose to let him keep playing; I was not willing to support a company at that time that would allow that level of toxicity, and I wasn't going to stick around to continue to be harassed via mail from character after character I put on ignore.

I still have fond memories of this game, and I still enjoy playing when I ignore the marketing and choose when I want to buy into it rather than letting the next big carrot lead me. I'll be sad to see the game go when it does.

Oh, and as a software developer, all the bugs that never get fixed drive me absolutely mad at times. ;)
  13. C0de Well-Known Player

You say you understand, go into great details which relates to alot of the frustrations the people here are venting about, and then say it's the players fault for why dcuo is descending into uncharted territories? o_O
    • Like x 3
  14. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

It's amazing to me that I make a comment about players exacerbating an already negative situation by spreading hyperbole and rumors, and that's interpreted as me defending the developers and blaming only the players. Are people struggling reading English?
    • Like x 2
  15. FoolsFire Devoted Player

It's called marinating. You do it to dead meat before fully cooking.
    • Like x 2
  16. Controller Devoted Player

I've been saying for years that I'm here until the servers are shut down.

I see no need to change those sentiments.

[IMG]
  17. Dene Devoted Player

nah.. they just know if they even remotely stray from party line then the popular kids wont like them anymore
    • Like x 1
  18. Sphealberg New Player

It's a matter of behavior and past seen, you don't expect them to be publicly saying "yeah we don't have anything ready other to milk you guys" do you ?
    • Like x 2
  19. Great Architect Loyal Player

Wow. You insist that somebody said something they didn't - and you accuse me of gaslighting when I challenge that and ask for proof. That's some meta-gaslighting ******** right there.

All I asked you was to back up your assertion, but you don't bother doing that, and immediately pivot to labelling me as a "defender of Daybreak" and telling me how I'm manipulating people? I'm not doing either of those things, I'm just interested in the facts, not the claims.

I'm very concerned about the radio silence, the layoffs and the implications of that - but I'm concerned from a rational position, rather than a position of hysterical ********. And the more you post unverifiable assertions in the way you did, the more you muddy the waters and panic the herd, and the more damage you cause to the game. Your actions are contributory to people making decisions about their time on the game, and what they spend, based on lies.

Take some responsibility for what you say, and either back it up with proof, or stop spreading false claims.

I'm not pretending everything is fine, but I'm not jumping to conclusions and then whipping up FUD based on those conclusions.
    • Like x 2
  20. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

You are absolutely out of line. The CEO of Daybreak said they were not only not developing DCUO anymore they were also putting more money into other games. And yet you accused me of lying because you interpreted the data from that presentation as some sort of coping mechanism for the game being in a better shape than it is. And yes you are gaslighting me and others you’re doing it right now. And stop swearing at me in your replies. That shows me you’re both manipulative and aggressive in the way you communicate with people you might not agree with. It’s obvious you’re somehow coping with the lack of communication from Daybreak and taking it out on other players like myself instead of the company who handles the game. Frankly I won’t take it. I’ve paid for membership now going 10 years and have been a loyal customer and player for years and being told by you and other Daybreak defenders on here I’m some sort of problem is uncalled for when I’m rightly worried with the state of this game currently. Unbelievable!
    • Like x 6