plans for the year

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by nadeemew, Mar 16, 2024.

1. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Where did I say anything about the developers making good decisions? In fact, I've said I'd like to see new developers with better planning. But thanks for completely spinning what I said to fit your agenda...
  2. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

It was in response to you blaming the players … but good job trying to spin it into something else
    • Like x 4
  3. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

No one's saying DCUO is fine, but there's a difference between saying that staff is failing to communicate, the writing is on the wall based on other games, etc. and saying that the CEO said X when that was how you interpreted it and not what was actually said. If it was what you read between the lines, that's fine, but saying it like it's gospel is crap I'm real tired of.
    • Like x 2
  4. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I never blamed the players for calling out the lack of communication. I 100% agree with that. The posts telling people not to play the game and that the game is dying, driving any chance of the game surviving into the ground; that's where I have a difficult time understanding the logic. Do people despise this game that much now?
    • Like x 1
  5. Dene Devoted Player

People have little info, so instead of just stating "we want more info", people are filling in the gaps with the most negative nonsense, from there, others are picking said nonense and taking it as fact. This is why every thread is becoming more and more unhinged.

This is 50% on those people for making up the nonsense and 50% on the company for not correcting things and giving players the correct info.

As you can see though, just from this thread, it is apparently justified (not sure when misinformation became justifiable but here we are).

The anger and misinfo is coming from some who want the game to succeed and are frustrated but some is just from the usual "doom and gloom" crowd that never really liked the game and just want to create drama.
    • Like x 2
  6. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

You are grasping for straws, i doesn't take a genius to infer from that presentation that the money DCUO is making is not being reinvested back in the game, saying otherwise is either naive or disingenuous.
    • Like x 5
  7. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

As I stated the devs have made poor decisions .. and are being held accountable tthis is not the players fault.

And just as some are working in bad faith cause they want to see the game end.. some of the white knights are apologizing for the devs and wagging their finger at those of us who are stating our unhappiness with the game, in an attempt to stay in good favor with the devs

I people will react to the devs decisions how they see fit this forum isn’t designed to only sing the praises of the devs:… if people have an issue with players voicing their disapproval of the direction the games been going .. all I have to say is … tough ****
    • Like x 4
  8. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

You realize I said in that post that "their decision to prioritize this game less" could boil down to "money DCUO is making is not being reinvested back in the game" based on recent events. I'm neither naive or disingenuous. I'm aware of the situation that has unfolded since that presentation took place, including the layoffs.

That also doesn't mean I agree with many of the egregious things said lately by players in that regard. Things are not always as black and white as people like to make them seem. I'm more of this mindset:

Many seem to think we're beyond the point of no return on my/our sentiments, though.
  9. Wzlinnkk54 Active Player

I mean I agree with being able to express your concerns and frustrations, but the amount of repeat threads and complaint about things that aren't going to change like the clamp threads is mind blowing. The other thing with these forums and even in game is I get that you don't like it, maybe take a break or stop playing or supporting. But to continue to come into the forums complaining or even logging into game to sit in the house of legends to just bash the game is nonsense.
    • Like x 1
  10. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

so if you have anything to complain about, the forums where it’s designed for the devs to get feed back directly, is not the place to do that ?

The disapproval of the game is at an all time high.. if there are that many threads complaining .. maybe that’s an indication that those who are unhappy … are right and the game is not in a good place … maybe that will make the devs do something about it to turn it around.

Not saying anything won’t do that … but ok
    • Like x 4
  11. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

The problem that i had with your post is that you tried debunk the idea that the game is not a priority and the money is being syphoned into their other games, which as i said you can infer from the EG7 presentation:

This was the first comment you replied, and from that onwards you kept moving the goal post after being called out trying to make excuses for a company that doesn´t even care to make excuses for themselves.
    • Like x 6
  12. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

When something you are passionate about and/or put a lot of time, effort, and money into gets ripped out from under you like a rug as bad as this game has... You'd understand.
    • Like x 5
  13. VasquezR Active Player

I ill have to agree with you in that, and i complain too much about the game lol things will not change, better thing to do is give a break or stop to play, i know, people who complain most of times is because they like the game and they want a better game(i say that because its how i feel) but make several threads complaining will not help anybody, too many people making a lot of presumptions, the truth is no one knows nothing what is happening, the devs is looking into this threads, they see the repercussion, and nothing is happening, is thats what i am not making any threads anymore because for now what looks like nothing will change, we have a choice continue to play ,give a break or stop playing...
  14. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Why would they when players will do it for them right ?
    • Like x 3
  15. Dene Devoted Player

Agreed.. but that goes both ways *shrugs* - if people do not like what they have to say then "tough ****" to them too

To be honest I do not see much whiteknighting or whatever it is called.. I just see some who want more info but do not feel the need to make up nonsense..

Personally I do not care what people are saying (negative etc) but I just think the made up "whys" are really unhinged.. like a complete stretch - people need to be angry at facts.. not made up hyperbole
    • Like x 1
  16. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Haha, too true.
    • Like x 2
  17. ItsMeAgain Well-Known Player

My plan this year is to find a different MMO to play and invest in because this one went to s**t. I keep trying to give them hope, but they keep failing every time and just get worse.
    • Like x 3
  18. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

What excuses have I made for the company? Please provide quotes.

I've taken two breaks from this game due to decisions made by the higher-ups at the company, so I'm happy to wait while you provide your quotes of me making excuses for them.
    • Like x 1
  19. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

What’s made up about people complaining about..

No producer letter
    No road map
    A booster bundle that is lazy using skins we already have/materials we already have (which shows signs of the bare minimum being done)
    Complaints the lag that’s been going on for weeks with no fix or even acknowledgment
    The way they handled the st paddy’s day seasonal how they answered those complaints with a tone deaf response of taking our concerns into consideration and then doubling down and making it worse.

If you see this as made up which is what the majority of the concerns are about then I dunno what to tell you. None of it is made up or unhinged responses

The eg7 stuff to argue about is silly .. but what isn’t silly is that when people said it looks like the game is going into maintenance mode after the eg7 meeting… to be fair it kinda looks like that’s coming to fruition.

Seems like here will be a dlc though … when it happens it’s a mystery seeing as there is no road map. Time will tell.
    • Like x 4
  20. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

That´s what baffles me the most, i would understand if the game was in a good state but is clarly not, and is getting worse by the day especially with the lack of communication yet somehow the whiteknights are making their (Dimensional Ink) work for free.

Is not the players responsability to bring or retain players to the game, that´s the devs job delivering a good product.
    • Like x 3