(﹙˓️˒﹚) Radio Silence (﹙˓️˒﹚)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BƖack, Mar 9, 2024.

1. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

The “forever route” is very funny. Just because you are incapable of utilizing the resources given to you doesn’t mean that those resources aren’t available. If it takes you “forever” to level things than it’s a you problem. Plenty of people have no issues leveling things up without taking long.
  2. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Nobody buys your shtick...

Everybody knows it's time or money.... Stop going full....

Or learn to understand the actual conversation.
    • Like x 2
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

So if you do not understand something that it can’t possibly be true?

Leveling things is not hard at all. Gear and augments can be maxed out extremely quickly. Nth and favor drops based on a timer. Couple that with resources the game offers and it’s really not rocket science to max things.
  4. KidKretz Committed Player

sorry, but just chiming in based on seeing his post you quoted and your post, i know nothing about prior convos, but want to touch on what was coined the "forever route"

that is literally one of the core things a f2p game does. you play the game and if you pay no money, it takes you, what was deemed the forever route, to get there, however you can pay money to get there A LOT faster.

what helps f2p games make money is that they then MOVE the goal posts frequently allowing ppl the option to pay AGAIN to reach the end easily, or take the forever route.

DC's problem right now is, ppl are waiting for them to move the goal posts again and the devs simply havent done it yet.

but i dont see why you would say the "forever route' is "very funny" as if you dont seem to understand that its a actual mechanic in f2p games
    • Like x 5
  5. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

So full it is...

Yes.... Over time.

"Extremely quickly" is a blatant exaggeration...

And what about artifacts and allies? What's your lie about them?
    • Like x 3
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

The reason that it is funny is that the “forever route” is only when players avoid every single avenue the game offers to help speed things up.

If point A is the length in time it takes to max out, let’s say an art, without utilizing any resource the game offers. And point B is maxing that same art by paying to get it maxed. The 2 points are on extreme opposites. And neither option is general common. Option A being the extreme of avoiding all resources while option be is essentially using only items bought with month to max things and not having any resources outside of what is bought.

However dcuo offers a lot to help speed things up. Mainly through various events or using the free currencies that game offers. You then also have the option to pay a little for a membership to have things speed up drastically.

The math on these have been done countless times. Ghost is either a straight up lier or is delusional because he can’t comprehend these basic things that have been explained to him countless times.
  7. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Okay, so click it and tell me what looks like actual communication and positive reassurances. Sure looks like a lot of transparency on what is going on with the future of the game. Sure looks like a whole lot of making sure the future health of the game looks promising as well...

Perhaps you took the "no communication" wording way too seriously and quite literally.

You know damn well what I meant.
    • Like x 3
  8. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

Look on dev tracker yourself then. When was the last time a USEFUL piece of information other than seasonal, moving topics to off topic and the obligitory booster bundle and booster bundle post
    • Like x 6
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You guys mean like mepps replying to bugs letting players know they were looking into them? It’s not that hard to actually click on and see this.

Again, just because you don’t like what is being said doesn’t mean they are not saying anything at all.

What we have now is radio silence because we don’t have a CM to keep us updated. What we had before was a CM keeping up updated. What you want is a CM to keep up updated on every single things going on. This has not been a thing in years because this community is extremely toxic and entitled. When something announced gets delayed or cancelled the community throws a fit. When the don’t agree with something you say, a fit.
  10. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Yeah, that's sooo much "communication" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

And he will sit here and pretend it wasn't the same exact way when we had a CM and a full dev team...

Just look at my CFG thread for example... It's been 2 years since my Cross-Faction Grouping thread was even acknowledged again. The devs were in fact working on that system (baby steps, and even had it on the yearly timeline), yet it's been dormant ever since the bunch of devs left. Couldn't even tell us it was no longer a focus, just straight up abandoned the entire idea & thought without a word. 2 years is plenty of time for even the CM to be like "I'll look into seeing if it's still a focus", even if it was all B.S., any response is better than no response whatsoever.
    • Like x 2
  11. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

He literally explained to you how its a function of a f2p game... And you still call other people delusional and with a lack of comprehension....

You are the Inception of delusion and lack of comprehension.
    • Like x 4
  12. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

If you think any of those measly barely an issue "bugs" he was supposedly "looking into" had some kind of overall grand merit, you are the one being delusional.

No one is saying they didn't say anything at all, we are saying the stuff that was being addressed was not of the level of importance on the game scale of things in the long run.

Edit: Communication... transparency... Saying "I'm gonna look into these bugs or lag" every once in a while does NOT reassure anyone that the game is fine, content is coming (and I don't mean charity cash grabs), and/or even worth opening their wallets for.
    • Like x 4
  13. BƖack Dedicated Player

An elderly sick man. Probably forgot to take his meds.
    • Like x 5
  14. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

And to follow up, basically everything I'm trying to get at was summed up better by Proxy in the other thread (if you have even bothered to look at what is being said in other threads, by other people saying similar things as myself, or just in here to argue specifically with me):

New Community Manager has gone strangely quiet...

Are you gonna call him and everyone else delusional too?
    • Like x 3
  15. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

It is astounding to me how anyone can either willfully misrepresent what is being said... or just doesn't comprehend what is being said... only to say others are doing it... with a ego the size of Jupiter....

Everyone besides him understands that when people say "They aren't saying anything"... there is an implied "important"..... not that they are monastic monks...

But... Once again, the conversation has to be held up because Doofy doesn't understand basic communication.
    • Like x 2
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You literally said that the level of communication now was the same as before mepps was let go. This is factually incorrect
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Just because you can’t understand basic language structure doesn’t mean others can’t. I get that you’re obsessed with me and are crying for my attention. But have some self respect
  18. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

COMPLETE EVASION... AND BLATANT HYPOCRISY.... NOTED.
  19. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Not helpful. Complaining on the forums is entirely expected and reasonable.

But complaints should be made politely, and fellow forum members should be treated with at least minimal respect. Insults should be avoided, and accusations not made.

Try to act like adults, people, even if you aren't. Fake it as best you can. Treat people as you'd like to be treated.

That's how common courtesy works, and gamers don't have a special exemption card to act like childish fools or worse.
    • Like x 1
  20. Proxystar #Perception

No offense Deity, but you do/are coming across as just a little too dev apologetic.

I know the situation certainly isn't as dire as some might like to suggest, but it's certainly never as good as you'd like people to believe either.

Just putting that out there ;)
    • Like x 2