(﹙˓️˒﹚) Radio Silence (﹙˓️˒﹚)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BƖack, Mar 9, 2024.

1. SingingCoyote Active Player

Most of the active people on here know you have a history of licking daybreak's *** whenever someone disagrees with something the company has done or says something negative. That is also the reason a lot of ppl have you on ignore.

You're a guy that believes this game isn’t pay to win, that the clamp is great, that the powers are balanced, that the playerbase isn't shrinking by the day and now you're saying we have unrealistic expectations LOL. Either they are paying you or you have some psychological issues and you need to have a different opinion about everything.

U probably that dude who told the teacher they forgot to assign homework
    • Like x 4
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

A bunch of nobodies having me on ignore is supposed to mean anything to me? The game is pay to win when the game literally offers you a lot of avenues to max out your stuff for free? Powers are currently more balanced than they ever have been. This is a fact. What I never said is that all powers are perfectly balanced. True perfect balance is impossible. Play base shrink is something you people made up without any proof. Yes it’s true that players are on break right now. Same thing happens every single dlc when the players finish getting feats and gear. Players will return when a new dlc comes. This is not rocket science. Thou I can see you’d have some issues understanding these things
  3. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

I haven't really been an active member of the forum for that long so I'm not going to claim that I know this guy all that well... but I think you guys are out of your mind for thinking that he works for the institution. You're just dumping your woes about the game on this guy because he agrees with the big picture.

I do too. I think the clamp was a really big risk for the company. They knew full well that it was going to upset the masses, but it was almost irrefutably the right call. You don't spend 7 years making a game and 14 years maintaining it... just to allow anyone and everyone to walk all over it. It was very clearly a necessary implementation that came way later than it should have.

The powers are more balanced than they have pretty much ever been. Sure... gadgets precision is broken. Circuit Breaker and Berserk are overpowered, but even might and precision are pretty close in the overall scheme of things. Fire might is devastating single target that no precision dps could keep up with without extensive supercharge abuse. In the old days... it was way more simple and way less balanced despite being so bloody simple. There are a few powers that are above and beyond the others in most ways when it comes to precision or might, but outside of a few exploits... they've done quite well considering how many variables they have to consider now.

And homework? It's a video game. We should want homework. We're here paying to have fun.
  4. tehDarkNite Well-Known Player

why everyone quitting early? just casually enjoy your max cr toon with ur rare and expensive styles while you can. just log in and enjoy the feels
  5. BƖack Dedicated Player

Shiny stuff is not enough to keep people around.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  6. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

Some, if not most people do not care for rare items or DCUO clout. they just wanna play a good game that is going somewhere. If the game is stale and not innovating/talking to its community about upcomming things, would you still play it and waste money on it knowing what you buy is not worth the value or the hours you put in your job to throw away on pixels?
    • Like x 3
  7. Great Architect Loyal Player

For you, maybe, but for some people - mostly completionists, style junkies and flexers - shiny stuff is their crack. And a sizeable portion of the playerbase fits into at least one of those categories, to a greater or lesser extent, some of the time. Witness the huge amounts being asked on the broker for TC collection pieces. People aren't forking over hundreds of millions for just the feat.

And those same people (or a good chunk of them) buy Booster Bundles and Stabilisers to get the shiny.
  8. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

1. Mostly cosplayers in the game
    2. Most elitists use the same rare styles anyways. They use the newest capsule stuff until they realize most people have it then they go back to old styles
    3. Completionists dont go for styles that are not tied to feats really. they go for feats. If you are a completionist and you buy all the crappy basic items, good look navigating your style tabs

Sure. Some people may like shiny things. I get it, i do too sometimes. But that doesnt mean its enough to keep me around playing and i doubt anyone who is an elitist cares about the style if the game is going to the trash anyways, theyll just find another game they can boost their ego with
    • Like x 4
  9. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

General forum was always crickets. Peoples suggestions, way more than not, mostly ignored. Absolutely zero reassurances (especially after major things happened like a large amount of devs leaving). I do not recall anything positive coming from the CMs mouth other than things that didn't help at all (except maybe posting events, in which also got nerfed). Or "we are looking into it" on small things like some lag on a Nintendo Switch.

If you find evidence, feel free to post it. I'm not being "delusional" if I simply did not personally see these things. I'm not surfing this forum like you probably do.

Looks exactly the same to me. Radio silence.
    • Like x 5
  10. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Citing how you are deluded.... doesn't prove that you're not delusional.

"Pay to win" doesn't always mean "the only way to win"....

Yes... You can take the forever route for free... But even that is not really free. :cool:...... While those who would rather pay than wait surpass you... And then exclude you because you're still waiting to max out your stuff....
    • Like x 1
  11. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

The company apparently thinks it is lol
    • Like x 2
  12. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Many people (especially those who DCUO was their only MMORPG) get Pay 2 Win term mixed up in their heads. Technically it should be called "Pay 2 Progress", but it isn't, so...

But still means the same thing.

Edit: Regardless if something can be earned for "free".

Edit edit: Example: Battlefield 4 offers a pass to buy every unlockable skill/vehicle right off the bat. You can earn them for free over a long time, or just buy it up front and instantly have everything people ground so long for. P2W.

Same with DCUO, you can buy a CR Skip and 200 artifacts, learn a cheesy YouTube Precision loudout, and be up there with the best players as long as you are any kind of savvy with video games. DCUO is easy compared to most others.
    • Like x 5
  13. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

A highly noticable 1-2 phases less per new DLC for the last few years on Xbox proves that you are wrong. Legion of Doom had tops 22 phases, dark knights had 19, Sins had 16 phases, shock had 12. After a week those phases always went down to 1-3. Then 1-2. Probably a steady 1 phase now. House of Legends and Metropolis always had 2 phases, I've heard it's been down to 1 now. This is all regardless of any breaks, time of year, or any other excuse you pull out of your hat. The population is extremely noticably declining. If it is occuring on Xbox, it can easily occur on other servers as well. Might not be happening now, but you can't exclude the possibility.
    • Like x 1
  14. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Thank you, even though you are not a green name. Perhaps they should hire you as new CM because you just did more reassurance work than a certain one did in actual years!
    • Like x 2
  15. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

To be fair...

He is counting the gold sellers as population.
    • Like x 2
  16. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

And once again ...

People like me didn't leave the game.... We just spend far less time playing.... And there is lots of us..

That is a decrease in population in game.
    • Like x 2
  17. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Robotic gold sellers sound like they're closer to human than those Xbox savages. They probably produce more revenue than that whole server combined too.
  18. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

True, Xbox very rarely and barely has any of those so that probably cuts the population down a sizeable portion in itself.

See above, there's barely any gold sellers on Xbox. Could possibly be one reason why the population shows way lower too heh.
    • Like x 1
  19. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Not much sense in opening a lemonade stand in the desert.
    • Like x 2
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

By surfing the forums do you mean hitting the staff post tracker button that literally shows when a dev is replying… Just because they don’t say something you like doesn’t mean they are not responding. If you believe having no communication is the same as some communication than you are in fact delusional.