Test Discussion Mister Mxyzptlk’s Mischief 2024: Vendor Items and Feats

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by El Cucuy, Mar 1, 2024.

1. Loki2911 Well-Known Player

the big surprise to me is that ppl still take all this **** and still go on

and ppl say suicide squad is **** lol

dont you guys see it this isnt a game anymore its just about find everytime new ways to take your money for nearly no work
    • Like x 1
  2. Ghostknight Well-Known Player

Not a fan of this move. I hope at least that the items removed from the Mister Mxyzptlk's Mischief vendor will be available through the Cheetah Vendor with SM. I don't understand how increasing the Traditional Harp Emote from 50 to 100 Lucky Clovers evens anything out though. So far in 2024 DCUO is going the same way of my Raiders' team future this year.

Peace and DCUO Forever
    • Like x 1
  3. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Why not just combine the Spring and St. Patrick's Day seasonal to extend the St. Patrick's seasonal until the end or at least half way through of the Spring event? I have to agree, the St. Patrick's Day seasonal is rather short if increasing the price of tokens to complete the feats. If we were to continue the route in place, we will always be a year behind.
    • Like x 1
  4. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Sounds they're trying to push buying those extra marks from the market place to try get people to buy that emote. FOMO on a seasonal emote for those that dont want to grind it out. Its why they added the option to buy seasonal marks off the MP. Lets add a bunch of stuff, tag it with a high mark cost, add something neat with an exaggerated cost in hopes of getting to people to buy seasonal marks.

Another spigot in a tree to see what sap they can tap.
    • Like x 2
  5. Dev72 Dedicated Player

If they are planning to add feats behind market place coin in order to not fall a year behind due to no fault of the players beyond the TCs....That is going to pose a problem. I get we have had that option in the past, but players have always had the option without having the need to create multiple alts, if their playtime is shortened behind life events or don't have time to grind. This, however, if that is actually the case, seems forced if players don't want to fall behind. Doesn't matter what level of feat it is.
    • Like x 1
  6. MiguelDaybreak Community Relations

Hey everyone! The feedback y'all are sharing on the changes means a lot to us. I wanted to try and clarify things a bit more.

I totally get that removing items for seemingly no reason sucks - our goal wasn't to punish any of you or make the event stingy. All the items we removed are still going to be made available in future content. The point of the test server here is to try things out and see if they work well not only for the fans, but for the team!

The amount of cosmetics we released for this event, and the pricing changes we made, didn't work well for us - we want to keep things consistent with how the event has been run in the past, so part of this test and these changes is to do that! Making the event longer didn't make as much sense to us since we want that consistency with past events.

Again, I totally get it, on paper these changes are kind of a bummer. But hopefully you guys understand where we're coming from with them a bit more, and as our test server players we appreciate all of you so much, and ALL the feedback - positive or negative - is gonna help us steer this ship and make future events even better.

I'm not gross AI, I'm just new here
    • Like x 5
  7. WhiteLanternNC Level 30

The prices need to be lowered or the event extended. I hope the items removed that will probably be the mask aren't used as a monthly reward instead .
    • Like x 4
  8. Warped Discord Moderator

So you’re not actually an AI?! We’ve been bamboozled.
    • Like x 4
  9. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

The removal is the items is one thing, but the increase in cost of the emote is another. Please do not increase this price.

It would not be very consistent with past events.
    • Like x 2
  10. Ghostknight Well-Known Player

Thank you for at least giving us some feedback to our concerns. While we may not always agree with the decisions of the DCUO team, communication back will always be appreciated.

Peace and DCUO Forever
    • Like x 1
  11. L1VINGWAY New Player

Has the team considered having items in this event that are older than three years be purchasable via source marks? Episode currencies that are not the most recent three are swapped for source marks. Why not do the same for events, so new players can catch up and the event specific currency earned can be focused on newer items.
    • Like x 2
  12. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

This is a good idea.

The number of old seasonal items considered against the number of marks earnable has gotten beyond ridiculous. I pity the new players who see all the old items dangled as possibilities, but only a fractional number at a time are obtainable each year.

And, obviously, this problem grows more and more severe each and every year.
    • Like x 4
  13. Rejchadar Inquisitor

[IMG]

:p
    • Like x 7
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Bottom line is that raising prices drastically on an item sucks and should never be done except under extreme circumstances. Hopefully YOU guys understand where we're coming from.

It pisses us off.

Lowering prices is obviously welcomed.

Realizing you want to raise the price on something? Understandable, but it really shouldn't be done just because you folks retroactively realized you screwed up. Better to just accept that you made an error and be more careful next year than to act in a way that literally and plainly DOES penalize us, regardless of how justified you guys NOW feel versus a week or two ago when you initially announced the prices.

Consider it incentive to just get it right the first time, please. It's your mistake, and you should come up with some other way to deal with it, even if it's just ignoring it and saying "oh, well," than to lead us on and then pound us with the need for us to suffer because of your error.

Harsh? Perhaps a bit, but, really, getting it right the first time shouldn't be too much to ask. This isn't rocket science, it's elementary school arithmetic.

How often do you walk into a store and see a price and then come back a day later to see the price has doubled, with the owner putting up a sign "hey, hope you understand that we screwed up and you need to pay double!"

Not often.

"Hopefully you guys understand." Since those seem to be the magic words. They're not actually all that magical, are they?

I'll also note that some of us might be much more tolerant of your mistakes if we had the confidence we previously did that the game will still be around next year and the year after and that we'll be dealing with the same devs and community managers who will have a consistent memory of previous years.

You guys have killed that confidence of late and it's going to take you years to rebuild trust by some of us. Years.

There's a price to be paid when game employees who have been here since the beginning of the game disappear with no explanation and no announcements are made about future plans. It tends to suggest that there ARE no future plans.

Future plans are best announced. ASAP. Keeping them secret only arouses suspicion every day that we don't see them.

Every. Day.
    • Like x 6
  15. lamourboy001 Well-Known Player

So these are the final prices?

[IMG]

[IMG]
  16. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

So where's the roadmap?

We used to at least know what the next two incoming DLCs were, and were additionally told what the third incoming Episode/DLC was most likely to be.

Nowadays it's impossible to have even the faintest degree of certainty that there's ANY institutional memory still existing at Daybreak Games.

Who's responding here in the forums? NOBODY WE KNOW.

NOBODY WHO HAS BUILT UP TRUST WITH US.

NOBODY.

And the continued lack of a roadmap, or any substantive information on the game's future, day after day after day, is just killing people's enthusiasm for the game. Why play when it really does start to look like the game is on the verge of shutdown?

I've been here since DLC 2, and everyone knows that I've always been immensely tolerant of problems, willing to give Mepps lots of credence when he said things, and willing to trust that management would at least largely come through on most important issues.

My confidence is now dead. Not dying. Dead.

After we have a new full year of frequent upper management updates, get back to me about my confidence level in what's said by Daybreak employees on the forums. We'll talk then.

Did I mention that you're killing the game with continued lack of information? We simply have no reason right now to be confident the game isn't going to be shut down soon.

And I, at least, have NEVER in the past DECADE expressed any lack of confidence. When you've lost me, you've lost just about everyone.
    • Like x 6
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Extending the event might not have made sense, but you could still have just dropped the pricing for this year on all the rewards except for the base items and then ensured not to repeat the mistake next year, but you didn't, you chose instead to remove rewards then increase prices by raising the emote.

It made no sense, it came across as spiteful and passive aggressive and you're seemingly doubling down on it. You might say our feedback means a lot to you, but it sure doesn't feel like it when you hear the feedback then continue with what you were going to do anyway.

Acknowledging "it means something" while staying the course, just comes across as trying to appease the negative feedback, but, really gives the opposite impression when you still continue with the actions that created the negative feedback in the first place.

You want us to "understand where you're coming from" but you don't seem to be seeing it from the player perspective.
    • Like x 5
  18. Korlick Loyal Player

Removing items to use some other time, i understand (lazy move, but ok...whatever).
    Raising the cost of another item to "compensate" the removal of other...thats where you mess up.
    Basically, you want us to spent the same amount of marks on less rewards. Not cool.
    Specially when players main concern is that the event is short and need a lot of marks.

You aks the players to understand why you made the decidions you made, but it seems like is you guys who are not understanding your players community.
    • Like x 2
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

While I agree that the count for that should have dropped to 5 or something when it went from daily to weekly after year 1, at least that can be done without resets and without coin. That still means you can knock it out by grinding, unpaid. The only way (as of now) to get the feats here finished is to either A) run alts (always my choice) or B) pay for resets/Broker items. Heck, even with the broker items which are tradable, you'd still need replays or alts to finish the 'account bound' stuff in time.

And hey...I'm going to run some alts regardless, but some people don't. It should never be 'mandatory' to finish current feats each seasonal...it should be optional if you want to stock up, are playing catch up with past years, or want to be done early.
    • Like x 3
  20. Too Many Toons Dedicated Player

It should be possible to complete the years feats AND do some catch up on previous years, new players need to be able to make progress on both. (and new players are the lifeblood of any game, due to player attrition / mortality).
    • Like x 2