STOP THE CHAT BOTSPAM FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Spicy, Mar 5, 2024.

1. Spicy Level 30

You cannot report them as their name is purposely obfuscated to make it illegible. There are some wild combinations of constants, which can be copied, but the main, super offender the the one thats IOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIIOOI to where each letter cannot be determined so you cannot use the report player. trust me ive tried, how can you sit and report the bot when it changes names every time.

IT SHOULD NOT BE THE DUTY OF THE PLAYER TO SIT AND MONITOR, ADMINISTRATE or MODERATE THE GAME CHATS. IF I WERE TO REPORT EVERY GOLDBOT ITS ALL I WOULD BE DOING BECAUSE ITS COMPLETELY OUT OF CONTROL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Like x 1
  2. PrinceD Active Player

If you report it they will come back, all of these goldbots' accounts are lvl5,these goldsites are full of fake cash, what should be done is to see where this fake cash is and ban it, no cash no spam, Simple math, why are there so many bots in lfg and trade? Think about it, whenever they start coming to lfg and trade it's because there's an ocurred exploit, they're full of fake cash, the same thing happened at the time of the money glitch, now we have many bots all day spamming lfg and trade (not counting others from the house of legends shout), if you don't go after the real accounts that have this cash, this will continue, something must be done!
    • Like x 1
  3. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Nothing happened really. Though I'd still take your advice anyway. There is no way to even report or ignore one of the bots now, since their programming is to create a character, send a few annoying messages, delete character, repeat. It's really infuriating seeing it happening, and seeing nothing being done about it.
    • Like x 2
  4. Dev72 Dedicated Player

There is(or was) only 1 good thing about the spam bots, or at least there used to be....that is spamming duel invites for the duel feats. Not sure if that works anymore...but it did when they would just stay in one place accepting whatever invites you sent them....:cool:

Placing them on ignore, even if successful, is useless as they are deleting and re-creating the same name in different variations to circumvent the ignore system. For example, "IOIO00IOIOIOIO000IOIOIOIOIIOO000I" name has made it to my ignore list several times, but only 1 or 2 of that variation of name is still on my ignore list...because they were deleted.
    • Like x 1
  5. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

If there is a sudden influx in the spam and they "stepped up their game", it might be a clear sign that they know something is up. They are trying to sell off their stock before they can't anymore. Might want to keep an eye on that...
    • Like x 1
  6. KidKretz Committed Player

it would appear that his anti-mepps post might have...well...lets just say, allowed for more ingame time as opposed to being on here :p
    • Like x 2
  7. KidKretz Committed Player

its def a sign of something, what that is, any1's guess. could be their own sales are down, could be the merged phases, could be exactly what you mentioned.

either way, they have def changed their habits
    • Like x 2
  8. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Maybe it's because Cypharr finally stopped advertising for them in his links hahahahaha. Err I mean.. "spreading awareness" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    • Like x 4
  9. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Players defending the chat spam … people will legit argue just for the sake of arguing.
    • Like x 2
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I was kind of thinking the same thing. I'm just prepping myself for the deluge of posts in about what....9 days now?
    • Like x 2
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Who's defending them? I think the only people saying anything against the topic is that likely DB isn't going to...or can't, really do anything about it with the fact there are unlimited free accounts they can create and re-create as needed.

Personally my opinion is and always has been, they need to do a 'sting operation', just like is done with IRL 'substances' sellers. Get someone to buy some of the gold a few times, then follow the trail of trades back to the source account (has to be a member account to trade cash), and shut THAT account down. F the shouters...they are free accounts...take out a few of the bigger bank accounts that hold the stock and they'll quit shouting on the free ones to tighten their circles.
    • Like x 1
  12. Gro Level 30

I can't even block this one. Always tells me "player not found" or something. Seems that they have somehow confused the game to not allow people to block them. We need an in-game mod to tackle this stuff. Immediately block/ban/and block IP addresses from the server.

I am OK if I can block them, even if another one comes up in its place. I am not OK if the game doesn't even allow me that option.
    • Like x 2
  13. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Yeah, that one I have tried to ignore on a couple of occasions where if I don't see it right away, I would get a message saying the "name does not exist"...meaning they already had the time to delete that name. Outside of those couple of times....I have been able to add them to ignore only to see after several times of putting them on ignore that 1 or 2 are only on my ignore list.

I would make a suggestion such as the chat tabs will not be available until after level 10 when alerts are available..but, the free CR skip kills that notion.
    • Like x 1
  14. CGEMINI Well-Known Player

Whether they’re going to or not doesn’t mean they shouldn’t try either. They’ve been giving no effort to fix issues that been in the game for years now. I am tired of seeing it.
    • Like x 3
  15. Captain Catalunya Active Player

The poor state of the game and the silence of the devs is overwhelming.

If I had a money sales company, I would get rid of all my stock as soon as possible, one last placement
    • Like x 3
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, but if they are using a skip, unless they have all the 'new' accounts created already, they'd burn their 1 per account on one toon delete/recreate cycle.

LFG should be limited to 30+, shout to 10+. F2P shouldn't get LFG/Trade ever, which I think is the case now. Tells should be no restriction so you can always send tells to get invited to a group you can SEE shouts and LFG for. Not many spammers would be doing that anyway.
    • Like x 1
  17. Ryll Committed Player

Yea, but gold sellers make new accounts in minutes. Figured he would do the same.
    • Like x 1
  18. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

But alas, they won't because someone actually had a really great point that they work as faux population to show the investors...
  19. KidKretz Committed Player

yup, makes the data for new accounts created look great
    • Like x 1
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Personally, If the investors are savvy at all, they'd be asking 'and how many of those 'new accounts' are going premium, member or hitting some activity goal?'

Maybe not, but again...if they are savvy.
    • Like x 2