STOP THE CHAT BOTSPAM FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Spicy, Mar 5, 2024.

1. Spicy Level 30

THERES MORE BOTS SPAMMING CHAT THAN PLAYERS DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Like x 7
  2. Hraesvelg Always Right

It's REALLY been an issue with the consolidated phases.
    • Like x 4
  3. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

As nice as this would be, there's possible ramifications. Here's a couple things that those pesky bots do, that is actually good(ish?)

1. They count towards online/active player base, which translates to the powers that be, in higher numbers of active players (helps those in suits think the game has good population).

2. They create new accounts, which shows the suits that there is (along with real people) new people interested in playing this game.

I know it sucks to repeatedly have to do this, but adding them to the ignore list is your best bet. The speed hackers and gold-spamming is seemingly here to stay.
    • Like x 2
  4. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Yesterday I was blocking more goldbots than ever before. Sometimes one every three minutes. For three hours straight! When is it gonna stop?
  5. Spicy Level 30

OK SPAMBOT

YOU CANT IGNORE THEM THEY DONT GO ON THE LIST
    FIX IT

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU BLOCK AND THEY DONT GO ON THE LIST
    WE ARE DOING EVERYTHING WE CAN YOU NEED TO STOP IT ON YOUR END AND NOW ENOUGH IS ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Like x 1
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Jesus Christ take a Valium.
    • Like x 2
  7. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Just imagine how much these gold Bots must be making off the game in real cold Hard Cash. You know there's a building somewhere in the states with 13 floors full of people who get paid an hourly rate of $3 an hour and that's all they do is make Bots and farm gold. to try and get your money to give it to the drug lords of America. It's insane that the developers allow this on their own game
    • Like x 2
  8. VasquezR Active Player

Something is happening in the economy, the bots are more aggressive, I hope the devs look carefully at this, when they start spamming like that in lfg and trade it doesn't bring me good memories about the economy, looking closely there are several in the game, who is providing them, where is this cash coming from? to be spamming so much in this way, obviously their stock must be full, this is against the TOS and the players know it, but we also know that there are many players who don't care about this, anyway, just a reflection, I hope they investigate what is happening and take the necessary actions.
    • Like x 1
  9. Spicy Level 30

LISTEN DEVS THE PLAYERS HAVE HAD ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!
    STOP THE BOTSPAM AND STOP IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DO YOUR JOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Like x 1
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Thanks to PayPal and Cash App anyone can be a gold seller now.
  11. Drake Malice Dedicated Player

John Oliver did a story recently about scammers and such, how some of them are people abducted by criminal organizations who are forcing them to participate in scams to make money. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of those are gold sellers as I also recall something a few years ago about how some prison in the east has prisoners do gold selling “labor” to make money (never found out if it was true)
    • Like x 1
  12. Too Many Toons Dedicated Player

I took 7 years off (back 3 now); could not believe the gold bots were still a thing.
  13. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Ok the other day when the three or four or who knows other goldbots groups were spamming like crazy bumping legit LFG posts off the channel I told them to ****. Immediately I got these random names telling me the goldbots were legit ok players and I’m like you must be shills belonging to them. Funnily enough all the names who turned up to defend the goldbots I’ve never seen them before in content or in LFG chats so that just tells me the gold sellers are hanging around to try and shout out any negative feedback from real players. Unbelievable. The fact the population has dropped significantly since the lull in content just makes them even more aggressive. They’re hoping to drop their illicit cash immediately to the first sucker that’s stupid to do so. Imagine being a very brand new player to DCUO and notice there’s more goldbot activity than actual players playing the game? It probably looks like a dead and scammy game from fresh eyes. I’d probably be harsher about DCUO if I wasn’t a veteran player of 9 years. It’d look like absolute crap to me as a new player with all the gold scamming.
    • Like x 1
  14. Drake Malice Dedicated Player

When I first tried Neverwinter and saw a constant flow of bot spam in the hub city chat I hit the limit of my tolerance immediately. Nothing makes a game looks less professional than gold sellers having free reign
    • Like x 1
  15. Ryll Committed Player

Yo Cypharr....dial it back a bunch.
    • Like x 3
  16. Ninjabiscuit Well-Known Player

Skip to 1:22 and that's how I feel about these scam bots.
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I really hate when the bots type in all caps and use minimal sentence structure or punctuation.

Hard to read that way.
  18. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

I mean, at least Spicy got to the point lol
    Unlike "<m>? O> B< A> . C(o.M" or whatever tf they are lol
    • Like x 2
  19. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I already knew of 4 gold sellers, and last night in Little Bo, a fifth one got added to my ever-growing ignore list. I couldn't tell you the name of the site, because it didn't register with me as more than just "Oh, that's not one of the other four," as I put the spammer on ignore.
    • Like x 1
  20. kallader Committed Player

Be sure not naming any players name or site they spam name or you will get a strike on your account ..they just delete last post about gold sellers spam and i bet the person and some of the poster got each a strike and they tell you after 4 they can ban your account so be sure not mention too much detail .The thing is you suppose to use the Report Cheating Players since going after a player is against the rule..i know this is stupid but they are kinda right since some peoples can fake it then peoples mass attack an innocent players while the team suppose to be more equipped to do something..(i know they do nothing to stop them but still the rule)