Test Discussion Mister Mxyzptlk’s Mischief 2024: Vendor Items and Feats

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by El Cucuy, Mar 1, 2024.

1. El Cucuy Developer

Welcome one and all to the official Mister Mxyzptlk’s Mischief 2024 rewards feedback page.

This year brings new treasures from the Pot of Gold vendors within the House of Legends, including a musical emote, two themed chromas, style, and base items!

Along with these items are new feats to unlock.

New Feats:
    • String of Good Luck
    • Knot Like This
    • Raising the Bar
    Thank you for stopping by and sharing your feedback!
    • Like x 3
  2. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Seems to work well enough.
    Will try it more later this week-end and will make a video about it.
  3. Spood Boost Well-Known Player

If this event is running 2 weeks, why do the rewards cost 320, when we can only get 140 marks during the event? Can we cut back the cost of the rewards?
    • Like x 3
  4. Tros Well-Known Player

Some its may be tradeable or account bound.

If is tradeable you can buy on broker or if account bound you can farm with alts. I have for now 12 alts and can get (140 x 12 = 1.680) in this event.

There are many feats for seasonal and if u only play in 1 character and miss a lot of them you wont get all with only that 1 character.
  5. Spood Boost Well-Known Player

So now we have to run, what is supposed to be, fun events multiple times on multiple characters just to get the rewards for the current year on one character, good one. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    • Like x 4
  6. Spood Boost Well-Known Player

Also why aren't seasonal rewards tradable???!?!?!?!?!
  7. Canadian Justice Committed Player

No. Just no.

There was a time when seasonals allowed you to run the content and buy everything without running it the length of the seasonal. Run it all the way, you'd be able to buy extra or start earning extra marks for next year. If you chose to run an alt, it could get everything as well.

Then seasonal collections arrived. Then the drop rates were tweaked and tweaked and we got a ridiculous anniversary where running 9 characters the whole way through left me missing a final collection piece. Thankfully, seasonal collections died shortly after that.

But is this any better? Run an army of alts? Turn to the broker?

What ever happened to 1 character, 1 role? You know, the balance motto that was often given when pricing was discussed. Is that motto now 1 character, 1 role, unless it's a seasonal. In which case, you'll either want several alts and/or in game cash to blow on the broker.

And that's if you're 100% current on the seasonal. New(er) or returning player that has 2-10+ years of seasonals to get through? Ya. It's time for a change.

First, reduce pricing to go back to the old way where running the content for most of the event gives you enough to buy everything. Run it all the way and get a little extra to do with what you please. And then, drastically reduce prices of older seasonal vendor items. Base items and lower cost stuff, sell it for 1 mark. Big ticket items, drop 100+ mark stuff to 25. And have other middle of the pack cost items drop to 5 marks.

Seasonals should be fun. A side diversion. Something to, dare I say, look forward to. They should not be used as grind that acts as a substitute to actual content.
    • Like x 10
  8. Spood Boost Well-Known Player

Agree entirely, it really feels like the seasonals are just being used to create grind and pad the game out because of a lack of actual substantive content.
    • Like x 1
  9. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

For those that have no access to test server

• Like x 6
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Awww.... no fair.

I look like Johnny come lately now. :(

;) ;)

• Like x 3
  11. L T Devoted Player

In addition to rethinking the current year's priced, I suggest you go back and lower prices on older items-- at least ones from 2019 or before.
    • Like x 4
  12. RTX Well-Known Player

If we look at the current game economics it´s obvious that they choose hundreds which might pay thousands, instead of thousands which might pay hundreds. Mathematicly you might say its the same but the difference is that, one scenario counts on a few players to spend and stay in the game and makes the income vary alot and the other scenario which would be way more consistent.

Also they seem to forgot which group of people this game targets the most, and thats younger people which might can spare 50-100 bucks in a month...however those didnt stay for long when seeing the prices. Even as grown up, when seeing all the prices the majority is leaving as fast as they came.

Many people write there isn´t enough content, well their choice was to make every newcomer skip thru the old content as fast as possible with revamp and no loot locks, while the opposite would be needed. I mean obviously alot of players will ask for new content when they´re already done with the lastest endgame content. In general the old content is the best we ever had, making newcomers skip that is fatal.
    • Like x 1
  13. Tros Well-Known Player

I'm not saying I agree with how it's being done. I'm telling you how to do it in current conditions.

I know that most people don't have that many characters, maybe the goal is to earn a little more with the marketplace perhaps?

Another thing is that as we have many years of accumulated items and feats, it should also be expected that it will become more difficult to buy all the items at once after many years of absence, so part of this is understandable.

The truth is that I myself hadn't done these events for many years - Anti Monitor, Valentine... Lots of accumulated feats and styles to collect. With my battalion of alts I managed to buy everyone in both events.
  14. Tros Well-Known Player

[IMG]

A little help for those who dont know yet.
    • Like x 1
  15. Achikah All About That Base

I absolutely LOVE this drop!

The furniture is absolutely gorgeous. A return to Pub items was a great choice (a builder favorite you might even say) and really helps flush out the sets that existed prior. Honestly, this is one of the most useful and versatile drops we've had for a seasonal in awhile. The plain bar counter variant is going to be great for breaking up space but also for us to customize them with our own flair, specifically accent tables and other on-table items, to suit our bases themes. The ceiling is superb! I'd absolutely love a floor variant to match next time around. The stools, the taps, all the Celtic accoutrements, it's wonderful. Also, a few of us had a good laugh about the superman-pose on the sign, haha!

As for the dividers... oh. My. GOD! They're absolutely fantastic, some of the best walls in-game. The fact that you left them doorless is PERFECTION! Finally when we get a proper doorframe so when we open a door the whole wall won't come with it. You guys crushed it.

I plea, pleeeease cycle back to these dividers in different colors and variants! I would love for them to get the Gingerbread treatment with one/two window variants, or even a large shop window with a wooden bevel around it, like the door. Any and all wallpaper colors too, or, even better, make the wallpaper tintable to the base color scheme! When we got the Gingerbread items for Winter, I knew we were in for more nuanced and amazing walling/dividers, and you all absolutely delivered. Thank you so much!

Again, thank you for keeping the furniture at 6 marks apiece- I cannot stress how much of a difference that is for decorators. That being said, since us decorators are benefitting from a very appreciated mark decrease, I'd also like to agree with everyone else in asking for lower style prices too. With the styles being non-tradable (as in being sold on the broker) the only way to obtain it is to drop a good deal of seasonal marks on them. I feel the price should reflect that, especially given there's only 2 week for this particular seasonal. It's been awesome that you guys have been giving us so many seasonal things, like multiple chromas with style sets, emote, etc for customizing, but with the price tag it's just really hard to keep up, even with multiple characters. I know there's the idea of 'well, there's always next year' but given there will be even more rewards, even with the next year discounts it can be a lot. Even a small decrease for any of the St. Pat's day stuff is HUGE given the timeframe we have to farm. Just my two cents.

Alright that's my long winded post, haha! Thank you again for the hardwork, wonderful drops, and the sensible pricing for the furniture. Appreciate you all and looking forward to creating with all the new goodies!
    • Like x 2
  16. Anak Panah Well-Known Player

Feat description "Exxor-Assist" needs editing:

''Collect all styles in the from the Wonder Twins set...''

Huh? Please fix.
  17. Too Many Toons Dedicated Player

some knotty pants :p
  18. MiguelDaybreak Community Relations

Hey everyone! We're pushing some changes to the Mister Mxyzptlk's Mischief 2024 item collection. We want to deliver a fair amount of rewards to player's at the rate they'd expect from St. Patrick's Day events. We made some big changes to the amount of available items this year, though, and we're taking some steps to adjust that so that players feel like it's easier and more reasonable to collect the entire set! Plus, it lets us save some cool stuff to drop in future events.

We removed a few items from the vendor, and we Increased the price of the Traditional Harp Emote from 50 to 100 Lucky Clovers to balance things out a bit. Other item prices have remained unchanged, though. We also removed/adjusted Feats that were tied to collecting items that are no longer available in the vendor.
    • Like x 1
  19. zNot Loyal Player

Thank you guys so much i was slacking alot on events so that will help me greatly.
  20. Too Many Toons Dedicated Player

less..for more? sounds like the real world economy
    • Like x 6