Daybreak Games has reportedly sold PlanetSide 1 and 2 and 5 other licences...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sollace, Feb 15, 2024.

1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

PS, XB and NS pay the exact same subscription amount as PC but we don't have "All Access" to any of those other games.
    • Like x 1
  2. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Edit: Disregard, TheLorax already explained.
    • Like x 1
  3. Casselina New Player

You're welcome.
    • Like x 1
  4. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Sold to a shell company. According to the Planetside 2 lead, it's all under NDA at the moment but there are suggestions that Amazon Games is leaning in on it.
  5. ItsMeAgain Well-Known Player

This right here ^.... People don't want to accept the fact that DCUO is dying fast and it's just a matter of months before they announce the servers going down. Most of the Dev team that made the game are gone. The rest even admitted to not fixing PVP because they're lost on how to. Lack of content by far then what we use to get. Now it's just BS emotes, skins, and base crap. If I wanted just that, I'd play Fortnite! There so much broken stuff that they basically said fk it and we'll just throw them some skins and emotes to get them bye type garbage, instead of handling the issue. Then on top of all that instead of fixing the broken things they sweep it under the rug and bring out new DLC to mask over the issues and make people get occupied with the new things and try and forget the old broken things. This has been going on for years and I'm telling you this snowball is growing downhill!
    • Like x 2
  6. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Did you ever hear the story of The Boy who cried Wolf??

We have been hearing that DCUO is Dead from even before the game launched.
    And somehow..... DCUO is still here.

So..... How can anyone believe it when someone start saying DCUO is Dead one more time??

Heck..... I even made videos about this as the years went by..... and somehow.... DCUO is still not Dead. :eek: ;) ;)

• Like x 1
  7. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Does this mean the DCUO is .... the Un-Dead?

YIKES MEOW!
    • Like x 3
  8. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Death.... is only the beginning.

;) ;)
    • Like x 1
  9. ItsMeAgain Well-Known Player

I did, I also know numbers don't lie and this game is on life support waiting for the plug to be pulled. You're just one of those family member's who's in denial and won't let go. DCUO's numbers have been on decline for several years. You gotta be ignorant to believe they are going to support a decline after decline for years to come. Be realistic here!
    • Like x 1
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

And you gotta be ignorant not to know that we heard the very same argument 5 years ago.... and even before that....
    and it inspired me to make a video at the time.

Be realistic and realize that we have been hearing the same arguments "proving" that the game was Dead year after year after year.

You may think that what you are saying is a brand new argument.....
    but you seem to be ignoring that many many many said the very same thing you are saying.....
    sometimes almost word for word.

For years to come??
    Yes... someday...... DCUO will die and shut down.
    But not today. ;) ;)
  11. Sollace Well-Known Player

If the game comes to what it is today, it is because the community has clearly not been listened to enough, if Daybreak would have relied more on what the community is asking, the game and the company would probably be in better position than it is today, we just have to act, the community has regressed because of many choices they made and it started clearly from the artifacts, every time a game slips a "artifact" system it’s **** for the game and DCUO sadly does not escape that.

There are games that have slipped to a very bad slope, watching Guild Wars 2 at a time the game is heading to a very bad slope, but now, since the managers woke up the game becomes a hit and a top tier 1 MMORPG, just make the right choices, listen a little more to the community and the machine starts again, the whole thing is to make sure there is for everyone, not just for the company’s prize pool.
    • Like x 2
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Allow me to rephrase my reply....

We heard that DCUO was Dead 2000 Times.
    And EVERY time..... it did not happen...... it was not true.

Now....
    You tell us that DCUO is Dead....
    \but seems to ignore that we heard that 2000 times already.

This is the 2001 time someone sais DCUO is Dead.

It was not true for 2000 times....
    This is the 2001 times we hear DCUO is Dead.....
    And somehow.... we must believe it is true this time??

It was not true for 2000 times....
    Why would it be true for the 2001 time??? :confused:
  13. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Did you ever hear that a broken clock is still right twice a day? :D
    • Like x 1
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

The Broker Clock predicted DCUO being Dead 2000 times....
    still was not right ONCE.
    How many time must the Broker Clock be wrong before we stop listening to it?? :confused: :confused:

And... I'm still kicking myself....

I should have said;

The Bat who cried Wolf.

;) ;)

I'll never forgive myself. ;)
  15. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

My wallet will certainly stay closed until a roadmap is offered by the developers. I would hope other gamers would do the same until some transparency is displayed as to what the actual heck is going on. If ya'll wanna be quiet and secretive, no money will be spent.
    • Like x 3
  16. Sollace Well-Known Player

Code:
    I'm thinking more and more given the lack of news presence they've had recently and the blatant lack of content, I can't see any reason to fund this game, which is clearly forgetting us. I had re-subscribed, but I think the next month won't be renewed. 
    • Like x 1
  17. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

This game will never die its about to make even more money in 2025 with james gun. This game is Daybreak and eg7s biggest money maker by far. Considering this game is got the worst revamp known at the moment pay to win revamp its surprising its actually making as much as it does. With that said I have a strong feeling with Daybreak selling their games off. with just dcuo left I seriously think Amazon games is going to purchase DC Universe from Daybreak. The problem with this game all started with Jack our last CEO who implemented stats revamp for his own gain so he can milk us and be noticed. Just make his own video game by using this game's money. He's the one that killed dcuo. he's the reason eg7 said no thanks to reinvesting. because it shows only the pay to win are the ones keeping the game alive. which is the wrong revamp for this game. as they have previously posted by it being a Pay to Win revamp it becomes a casual MMO for everyone who cannot pay to win
    • Like x 1
  18. BlackGryphon Well-Known Player

Whatever staff member is presently in charge of these forums should move this thread to the Joker's Funhouse section, as it is clearly not about this game.
    • Like x 1
  19. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

When people say the game is "dead" or "dying", I usually believe they are talking about the obvious visual decline in population. Xbox has clearly shown this, as every episode release has less and less phases of players active. The last 2 years have shown a massive decline in population, in which has in turn caused toxicity to rise rampant due to less pick-and-choose in running content. It does not look good at all.

Will it actually"die"? No one can say for sure. That's up to the devs and higher-ups.

Edit: it's like someone at a party saying "this party is dead" when they notice people leaving. This does not mean the party cannot liven up again at any moment.
  20. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

It's not that the game is dead its that it's too expensive for the Casual Gamers. This revamp isn't for casual players it's for Pay to Win gamers it's for the elitists, you know those people with a lot of money to spend. Those players are maxed out and have gotten everything there is to get in the game as far as pay to win goes. And now you are left with a stagnant feeling and the casual gamers are left with I'll never reach that pay to win, so I'll play for alittle bit and play something else. This revamp destroyed this game it brought a few good things but it is absolutely time to revamp