Talk about Last Minute Info

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ghostknight, Feb 15, 2024.

1. Ghostknight Well-Known Player

Game Update 140 Server Hotfix 1.4

Valentine's Day Seasonal
    • Updated the end date for the Valentine's Day Seasonal event to: March 6, 2024
    Episode 46: Justice League Dark Cursed Bonus Currency Week
    • Tarot Cards Currency rewards are doubled this week in Episode 46: Justice League Dark Cursed
    • New Episode Vendor Rewards
      • Silent Sentinel Cowl
      • Silent Sentinel Cape
      • Silent Sentinel Belt
      • Godling Wonderpunk Hair Style

Peace and DCUO Forever
    • Like x 4
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Ummm ok? You just reposted what a dev said lol
    • Like x 3
  3. Ghostknight Well-Known Player

Yeah, posted only this morning. Kinda last minute...
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I mean.. yea. This kind of thing happens when there are layoffs and they try to bring everyone up to speed.
  5. Xandervaal New Player

That's the point. Normally the devs would anounce it at least a few hours before the servers go down for maintainence. However, in this case, a player on the EU server had to post what the bonus week is after their server maintainence hours earlier, then the devs anounced it.
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Which player posted it first? If you mean the one that the OP posted, the dev had posted that first and he copy pasted it here
    • Like x 1
  7. Ghostknight Well-Known Player

I forgot you have all the answers. Some people didn't get this information to obtain the bonus, because of the timing of the notice. I know you will probably answer this too with your wisdom, but I am good. I was just in the wrong with this post.

Peace and DCUO Forever
    • Like x 3
  8. Ghostknight Well-Known Player

I posted on here after it was posted on the server update at 4:32am. My post here was at 6:55am, because no announcement post still was up yet and not everyone checks the server updates. I had already collected the bonus week reward 2x tarot at 4:00am. I was trying to get the word out is all.

Peace and DCUO Forever
    • Like x 2
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Don’t get me wrong. I believe it should’ve been posted sooner and in the right section. But again, this is to be expected because of the layoffs. I didn’t expect everything to back to normal as if there weren’t any layoffs. I would’ve been surprised if it did return to normal. All I said was that you copy and pasted the exact same information
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

EU Player 'Sleeping Forest' mentioned that they had the 2x marks last night before US reset....on a thread started sometime yesterday afternoon. Well before this mornings dev update, which was hours after weekly reset. Several people were broadcasting it in chat, which was nice, but I'd guess more than a few people ran, and cashed in...missing the 2x.

And there was at least 1 active dev posting this week...quite a lot really. A line "Feb 15-22 -- 2x Tarot cards and new rewards" wouldn't really have taken that long to add to the general announcements page yesterday or the day before.

It really isn't that hard to edit a post.....especially if you are a Green name (I'd wager).

EDIT: There....I just edited my post. Didn't take that long at all.
    • Like x 6
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You realize that they could very well just be a stand in until an official dev is implemented right? Could be a dev from other games in daybreak helping out. Heck I’ve done this myself with friends companies when they needed help. Until they release an official statement I’m not assuming everything is running smoothly
    • Like x 1
  12. Ghostknight Well-Known Player

Look I don't want to get into a debate with you about this because I know how you extend them on. Even though there were layoffs, to me this announcement should have been out sooner and in a better section of the forum. The new acting CM has been talking regularly, so I just thought since she didn't even say anything, I would put it out there too. You are right I probably shouldn't have copied the exact same information that I believed people on the forum hadn't gotten yet and instead used my own words. However, you have won this topic, so you can focus on the clamp or some other debate. I concede defeat on this topic and the Devs can even close out this thread.

Peace and DCUO Forever
    • Like x 3
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yes...they probably said "Hey...Angeliana and other devs...feel free to field some responses, answer questions, merge a few threads that were related...BUT DONT YOU DARE TOUCH THE ANNOUNCEMENTS! We've got 'plans' for that."

Seems the most likely scenario....amiright?

EDIT: Corrected Angeliana's name spelling....whoops....I done did another edit. Crazy.
    • Like x 3
  14. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

He will always be what he is......
    • Like x 1
  15. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Hey, for what it's worth, I didn't know about it until I saw this thread. It's cool in my book and I don't see the harm like *some* seem to. Keep doing you my friend.
    • Like x 2
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The only 'harm' is the loss of the 2x marks. Maybe this will lead some to replay at least 1 more time this week as they are going into reboot already loot locked from the raid or weekly OW work. Many people like to take advantage of 2x 'current' marks to pad their stores, especially with 450 marks (apparently...I haven't checked the prices) of new 'feat' related items that were also added.

Is it a great assault? Is it part of a devious plan? No. But it seems it would have been easy enough to drop a note in Wed afternoon or night to say '2x JLDC marks tomorrow' to solve the issue.

EDIT: Re-reading your post, I think you meant 'harm' as in him having posted it a 2nd time after the dev. No....I also don't see the harm in it as some people don't look at the update notes, and at the time I don't think it had hit announcements, where many WOULD look for this kind of info.
    • Like x 4
  17. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Yeah, that's what I was referring to. I only follow General Forum nowadays. Kind-of not surprised some people managed to find a way to police and create an argument out of literally nothing but shared/forwarded information lol.
    • Like x 3
  18. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

It’s honestly even more terrible when you consider I literally asked our temporary CM about the bonus week yesterday afternoon (as a sort of reminder more than anything else) and not only did she ignore the post but responded directly after in the same thread with non-constructive GIFS to previous posters lol.
    • Like x 1
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It is entirely possible that devs were told NOT to communicate it. I'll leave that option as a possibility before bringing out the torches and pitchforks. However, like the discussion on Mepps leaving a 'I can't comment on that' would be the proper answer vs no answer at all.

To be fair to her, it did seem as though she was trying to engage the community in discussion, which IS better than the dead silence we might have gotten....even if the bonus announcement was botched.

Personally, I've grown accustomed to never running raids or cashing in 'current' DLC missions until the next day any time a bonus is NOT announced by Wed night. The announcement has been late, even when there was not a changing of the guard scenario.
    • Like x 5
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

lol what? They probably asked them to step in to help and monitor the chats lol. If you’d pay attention you’d had noticed that it was someone else who posted the thread. So many Angeliana wasn’t told what the upcoming events were. It’s be hard to make a post about an upcoming event if you weren’t told what it was lol