Did Mepps Leave DCUO

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by zNot, Feb 10, 2024.

1. Nezquick Level 30

Hey there! Any way you can shed any light on what’s going on with DC at the moment? Yearly map? Next gen update? Any cool updates coming to the game?
  2. Sollace Well-Known Player

Welcome, I wish you all the best for this new post and hope that the best for DCUO.
    • Like x 2
  3. Mr.W Committed Player

I’m honestly sad to see Mepps go & especially without a proper send off like we were able to give other devs in the past :(

For everyone with grievances against him, sure everything wasn’t perfect but nothing is. I personally appreciated all of his work here, even things I may have disagreed with him about b/c I understand he did his best with what he had & there were many things just completely out of his control. Even if we disagree on some things we should have empathy knowing he was still following the agenda set by his job. To the remaining devs it will be greatly appreciated if you all are able to pass our well wishes to him.
    • Like x 1
  4. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

I'm sure all that will be posted when it's all sorted out.
    • Like x 4
  5. Sollace Well-Known Player

I have to admit that this is the first time I've ever looked forward to seeing DCUO's next roadmap. :)
    • Like x 2
  6. Mr.W Committed Player

@Angelina A pleasure to meet you & I welcome you with open arms! You seem sweet but fierce so I guess a lot of ppl better behave lol jk.

I wish you an amazing time, fortitude, & all the success in the world leaving your mark on the community. I have faith that you will be a great communicator on our behalf to push the game in the right direction.

Speaking personally I politely voice my passionate creative thoughts both in agreement & some things in disagreement, but I do like all of the dev team b/c no matter what you all never give up trying new things for the game.
    • Like x 2
  7. FantasiArt New Player

I hope that now that mepps may be gone for good, that the game will get better. I really want the stat clapping to be gone it is so annoying, I also hope that there will finally be a graphics update with Ray tracing for Xbox Series X, PC and PS5. I love this game but man I really hated Mepps because he never listened to the fans of this game and die hard DC fans overall. I will continue to play this game until the day it gets shut down which I hope it never does. I have been playing this game since October of 2011 and I still love this game just not Mepps. I wish the best for this game in the future and what is yet to come. Please keep this game alive and make this game great again.
    • Like x 3
  8. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

SOMEBODY PAY ATTENTION TO THIS.
    • Like x 2
  9. The Dark4 Well-Known Player

Change is always refreshing
  10. Ninjabiscuit Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. Ghostknight Well-Known Player

From EG7 YEAR-END AND Q4 REPORT 2023
    https://storage.mfn.se/67daae47-2e8d-4b9e-a6b8-587048e88e1b/eg7-year-end-and-q4-report.pdf
    BUSINESS OVERVIEW (part about DCUO only) everyone should read the whole report
    Iconic world-class brands EG7 is home to some of the most iconic IPs, both first-party and third-party brands.
    Top tier global third-party brands:
    DC Comics from Warner Bros. with continuing pipeline of content from blockbuster feature films and TV shows

Appears DCUO is not going away anytime soon.

Peace and DCUO Forever
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They copy/paste that in all the reports. You didn't even quote the important part.
    • Like x 1
  13. Ghostknight Well-Known Player

Yeah, that is why it put the link in there. By the way, I got the link from you, so thank you.

Peace and DCUO Forever
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You're welcome and please stop spamming.
  15. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

Please refrain from posting individual's LinkedIn information (links and/or screen shots) on the forums. While I understand it is public information, it has no place being posted here.

Thank you.
    • Like x 2
  16. Ghostknight Well-Known Player

Not spamming.... promoting the game I love.

Peace and DCUO Forever
  17. Ghostknight Well-Known Player

Sorry, my bad if you mean my post. I won't do again.

Peace and DCUO Forever
  18. Super Summoner New Player

Was never a fan of Mepps.

Always felt like he was using the aspect of power he had in life as revenge on all those times he was picked on or something......very snarky......

Hopefully he finds or found work (Know how hard that is, even when qualified....it is a personality assessment), but as for DCUO? Good riddance.......
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  19. zNot Loyal Player

lets hope the game will now improve it has been stale for few years and reached all time low since last episode, Our feedback wasnt heard regarding episodes hopefully that will change.
    • Like x 2
  20. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Game's going into maintenance mode. Downscaling as much as possible to lock in a particular profit/revenue margin vs costs.

What's more, there's an issue with this being a DC "Live Service" game when another just released (SS:KTJL) that is both in red alert mode, and is a live service title using the same 'Braniac invades' setup. That was a massive red flag. You can't have to similar titles competing like that, and it's the same reason we saw Star Wars: Galaxies shut down as EA's The Old Republic was set to launch.

Doesn't mean DC is going to be shut down outright (but could), but does mean that on the WB Games end of the business, more support is going to be put into keeping SS' from imploding as much as possible and will be trying to maintain its userbase and keep them interested for the games future updates. Unfortunately, having DCUO would only be seen as an entity that can pull attention away, so there may be more pressure to further minimize it.

Staff like community managers and support staff are often the first round of layoffs to go when this happens. Saw the same thing with Andy at Crystal Dynamics, the community manager for Marvel's Avengers. When that game began to implode he began fearing for his job, and sure enough people saw the game plan and started leaving (including the director), resulting in Andy leaving CD and going back to work for Capcom.

DCUO is long past its heyday. It's already been in near maintenance mode the last 2 years. Nothing of the kind should be surprising and all should be well aware of the state of the game and potential sunsetting being around any corner. Then there's the fact that it's an F2P game to go along with that. They tend to follow a certain routine before the end, especially in regard to microtransactions.

Best regards to the Ted Stone. Hope he's able to pivot to working with another company sooner than later and thank him for putting in the work all these years.