Welcome Angeliana - Senior Community Manager

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Raven Nocturnal, Feb 12, 2024.

1. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

I don't mean to get into personal details, so no need to answer if you would rather not. Just figured I'd ask.

1. If you were offered the job permanently, would you consider it?

2. What general roles/duties have you fulfilled in your time with the company? I figured something do with prior community dept support/ customer relations.

With the replies and energy you have, I hope you enjoy the job and consider staying on with the position if the bosses up stairs allow. Thanks again!
    • Like x 1
  2. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

PLEASE I BEG YOU.. Alot of our complaints arent being heard... Please be the OBJECTIVE voice for the community to the boardroom.. The game as an experience is close to flat lining.. Ive been playing and paying member for almost 12yrs....

The games marketing is upside down. I can offer some suggestions.. Welcome aboard!
    • Like x 3
  3. Wallachia Devoted Player

Welcome, Angeliana.

I am Wallachia, your new best friend.
  4. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

I love new adventures and challenges, so of course I would!

I am a senior community manager and was hired as such for the company. I have been in community management since 2007 in total. I handle writing copy (articles, sales and such), updating news and patch notes on websites, forum communications and moderation, social media posting and responses, Discord communications and moderation, go between for players to game team and vice versa, not to mention general all around goofball extraordinaire, poster of foodstuff, pets and movie references, and meme battling.

:cool: Thanks!

[IMG]
    • Like x 7
  5. Bathroom Dad Active Player

As everyone on the forums and I’m sure in game know already, Ted Stone has left Dimensional Ink, and we have already heard from our new Community Manager Angeliana.

While yes this is day 1, I personally feel like this change is a breath of fresh air. I hope that the changing of the guard is the company’s attempt to mix things up and fix things with the player base, and not a doom and gloom sign of the end of DCUO.

Angeliana, has already participated with an unofficial Q&A on one of the posts letting us know a bit about her background and who she is. Which is honestly more interaction with the community in a couple of hours, than Mepps had with us in the last two years. Not counting just telling us what’s going on in game.

As a player I have to say I’m pretty excited… maybe even a little optimistic that things are changing for the better. Maybe this new CM will share our ideas and frustrations with devs. This person won’t censor and suspend our accounts for expressing our frustrations or opinions. Or this person won’t take every small differing opinion as a personal attack.

I hope that Angeliana takes this role and uses it to connect the player base with the devs, and not destroy whatever trust was left between the players and Dimensional Ink.

So, here’s to you Angeliana. Good luck in your new role! I
    • Like x 2
  6. The Dark4 Well-Known Player

Yay welcome Angeliana. Hope you have fun. Do you have any opinions of todays hot topics like art swapping
  7. MystoganJella Well-Known Player

All HAIL Angeliana :)
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Don't you want to wait till we get our new permanent community manager before you start getting all excited?
    • Like x 3
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I was just going to say something like this. While I welcome her, and applaud her responding on a few threads to make herself known to the community, this is now the 3rd 4th such of these threads today, including the one about Mepps departure.

Let's not overwhelm her all on the first day...or before the position is made permanent (as you say). I'd expect to see some 'official' announcement this week if that will be her role permanently vs temporary and will gladly chime in (again) extending my welcome.

EDIT: Ok, 4 now.
    • Like x 6
  10. Cypharr Committed Player

Well said Dad, she is definitely a breath of fresh air. I got tired of Mepps's BS.
    • Like x 1
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I just saw #4, why do people have to be so cringe?
    • Like x 2
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  13. Bathroom Dad Active Player

lol well I made this post a few hours ago… must have just gotten approved by her… as I have been suspended for the last year by the employee formerly known as Mepps. So this post wasn’t one of many when I wrote it lol
  14. Gravedigger Active Player

Welcome! Hopefully you like villains, we get mostly forgotten about, so if you have a little evil inside, ill be your biggest fan
  15. Cypharr Committed Player

So much Angeliana threads, maybe I should make one too LoL. People try replying to already Angeliana thread no point making a new thread for those that are yet to praise the new Queen. She is definitely a breath of fresh air, no more walking on eggshells. At least until the cream is sour but trust it'll be refrigerated. Cool vibes upwards and onwards. A clean slate at least with the forum moderators.
    • Like x 1
  16. Cypharr Committed Player

YES, YES, YES, YES, YES Let your evil side do some good Angeliana and consider us on villain faction. "Let's dupe the devil" by selling our soul to better QoL on villain faction thereafter seek forgiveness and get a fresh soul. Born to be wild to be "born again"

[IMG]
  17. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

DCUO isn't much of a challenge. It's only Challenging when you're trying to live without it :)
  18. Cypharr Committed Player

DCUO

[IMG]
  19. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Just wait until she has to tell the spoiled brats, that Blue Lantern powerset is not coming, that the stat clamp is not going away, that there is no PvP "fix" in the works, that Wolfpack Tokens are not going to cost 10 bucks, that there's another spotlight week coming instead of Double Artifact XP - and a bunch of other things she has no control over. And then she suspends a few people for breaking forum rules and locks their threads. And we'll be back to the status quo, where the Community Manager is "evil" and bent on destroying the game... :D
    • Like x 3
  20. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

To be fair a lot of posters here felt starved of attention from a Community rep of this game. The last two people who seemed to communicate with us was Panderus and Charon and they left. After that it was just Ranmaru and Cardboard occasionally. So despite being temporary and we don’t know what the future holds the fact Angeliana responded with more posts in one day than Mepps did in a year must speak volumes for most players. Anyways I’m sure everyone will calm down soon hopefully. ;)
    • Like x 1