Did Mepps Leave DCUO

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by zNot, Feb 10, 2024.

1. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Leaked footage of Mepps in a Marshall Henderson jersey saying goodbye to all his lil Meppster haters.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  2. Jcal Dedicated Player

Unbelievable. I just saw Multiverse's video on my youtube feed. I truly can't believe he's gone. It's unreal.

What's the saying around here been? It's not over until Mepps is out...

Thanks for all the years you put in, Mepps. Holy sh*t. You obviously weren't perfect, but you did a fine job for as long as you did. You cared; wouldn't have made it a decade plus if you didn't. Thanks Mepps. Good luck out there.
    • Like x 5
  3. Maxwill Committed Player

Alright alright alright !

I hope Mepps will find another job and whoever will take Mepps's job, if there will be a replacement , should be more objective and neutural for the sake of this game.

Now that both Spytle and Mepps are out, can we have dcuo how it was before G.U.36 ?

And watch players return and the game return to its FORMER GLORY !
  4. XBlue Well-Known Player

DCUO has always been a unique and exotic sports car, unlike any other in the world. Unfortunately, its owner chose to use this car only for running errands. Over the years, the car hasn't been well-maintained, and the paint has become quite weathered. To help the passengers tolerate the now musty interior smell, the owner occasionally hung a new air freshener from the rearview mirror.

This unique and exotic sports car could have won many races. It could have been the star of any car show. However, the owner never really knew what to do with the sports car, and it was just a means to an end.

Not the former developers, not the passengers, but the various owners of the exotic sports car have never known how to appreciate it. Now, the very neglected sports car is on the brink of being sent to the scrapyard, and only a restorer with the love and passion for these rare collector's items can save this gem now.
    • Like x 7
  5. KidKretz Committed Player

i liked this!

last night at work i was thinking DCUO is going the way of WCW and if nothing is done, it will go out with a fizzle and be long remembered thru out the years to come with ppl just wishing things went differently to avoid its destruction. so much potential, so much talent and it was never used or developed properly :(
    • Like x 3
  6. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Sounds and looks like it was a house cleaning event that was probably much needed. Looking forward to what EG7 has planned, as I doubt this will be the end of DCUO, but only an end to an era.
    • Like x 1
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Did Mepps leave DCUO???
    Was he fired??
    Did he quit???
    Let's talk about it. ;) ;)

• Like x 6
  8. VasquezR Active Player

Yes you got a point, but as far as i know they renewed license until 2030, so lets wait and see, things are not going well apparently.
    • Like x 1
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I wasn't sure about that, but even if they have a lease on the license, it might be contingent on certain things...like the game having some active threshold of users/subs. I'm sure WB wouldn't want their characters represented in a bad light if the game got into truly dismal support. Better to have it shut down in that case I'd say.

Anyhoo. I'd guess we are at least a year from all that. We'll see what 2024 and early 2025 have in store. 2026? Not holding my breath just yet.
    • Like x 2
  10. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Yeah who knows what the contract stipulations are that Daybreak could have the license till 2030? I mean I hope it lasts till 2030 I’d be happy if it did.
    • Like x 1
  11. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

That was the whole point, we don't know. And not saying anything at all leads to very bad rumors and speculation that does not help at all. People need reassurance, and they never ever gave it. Thus all these "the sky is falling" threads or negative threads that were close to it.

Could this be because the community manager never disclosed the issue to the devs and/or higherups? Or just plain "ignorance is bliss"? The world may never know.
    • Like x 1
  12. Ghostknight Well-Known Player

I suggest, everyone do some research about the layoffs from all the tech industries, which is happening to all of them. Gaming is just a part of what is happening with all the layoffs. According to news outlets, AI is going to be replacing a lot of positions that were laid off...and I mean everywhere. Just like AIs currently answer chats and phone calls for a lot of things already, AI is going to be doing a lot more. I believe the gaming industries will use AIs with positions say like a community manager position;). An AI can track customer feedback more accurately and efficiently than an actual person. An algorithm can also use to identify toxic language and behavior, among other things. AIs are the future.

I strongly believe, because DCUO still makes money for EG7 it will be around for a while. What the future for DCUO and the gaming industries as whole will look like with AI is anyone's guess. Will this be great for us or not, we will just have to wait and see. I am crossing my fingers it means good things for DCUO.

Peace and DCUO Forever
    • Like x 2
  13. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Yeah I’m just not seeing no communication is better than no bad communication as a net positive here. Even as posters say that Mepps “couldn’t” comment on certain things he could for sure comment once in a blue moon at least. Every year Mepps replied fewer and fewer times. Sorry I know there’s some fanboys and fangirls of Mepps in this forum but the dude straight up stopped doing what he was paid to do and no one should have to make excuses for him. I remember one defender of Mepps saying “well he has a family” well holy crap if everyone who has a family doesn’t do their jobs I guess the planet wouldn’t run anymore would it? I don’t know the reasons Mepps stopped barely responding to us and don’t care at this point. I’m pretty sure if Daybreak told Mepps not to discuss stat clamping or art swapping or speed hackers or even why this game is buggy asf they didn’t tell him to NOT COMMUNICATE at all.

There I’m sure I’ve upset his ”friends” with my post but it’s the bloody truth. And I’m done being gaslit by his defenders that he did give us adequate communication at all. Nope not gonna :)
    • Like x 1
  14. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

We are aware you all are passionate about DCUO, and about your feelings (good or bad) regarding any of the recent game team departures. We do ask that you remain respectful and refrain from insulting or trolling towards any members. I have cleaned this topic of the insulting and trolling posts and will not hesitate to close the thread completely and issue warnings if they persist.

Thank you.
    • Like x 26
  15. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

True, but if I'm not mistaken, EG7 is basically just a holding company, right? They might not understand how normal people's brains work, and consider anything about their operations to be none of our business.

But mainly I feel like there's a good chance they think "Well, they're not gonna like what we have to tell them, so we won't tell them anything at all."
  16. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

My initial reply to you was about how we don't know, and it remains the truth, we don't know. But throwing blame around when you don't know what is happening is not a great idea either.
  17. Sollace Well-Known Player

Magnifique représentation

The sad thing is that this collector's car was never able to reach its full potential...
    • Like x 1
  18. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

And that is what happens when there is no reassurances, as evidenced by the numerous amount of threads from people doing exactly what you mentioned.
  19. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

And thus people are left to panic and come up with wild theories and/or conspiracies in their own minds, to then express on the forum or in-game quite loudly.
    • Like x 1
  20. MaDaNoF New Player

Well, on a positive note least your warning members instead of ninja banning them :D
    • Like x 5