Pop ups with membership

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by lllStrichcodelll, Jan 27, 2024.

1. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I missed out on quite some stabilizer duos and now solos too when I didn't have membership - mainly because I forgot about it and because I don't like them.
    Now that I have membership again, the amount of fragments I'm missing out on each day leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Of course, I would love to go back to the daily reward fragments like any other sane person, but I know this won't happen so why not make the best out of this situation?

Something that I forgot that existed when I had long-time membership for years appeared to be a slight annoyance before I bought membership again - pop-ups.
    "Hey, need some bank slots? - *open marketplace*"

These are annoying and all but could be useful for once. A pop-up every two hours when a member hasn't done their stabilizer instance for the day - with the option to be turned off.
    • Like x 3
  2. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

This "bad taste in mouth" is exactly what I've been trying to explain to people in the past. It's that exact reason how the lack of being transparent about certain things (especially when "missing out" on some seasonal daily coins or even not widely mentioning how stabilizer event was changed upon re-implementation and/or updated to solo) can lead to players feeling like they should put real money to "make up" for the loss.

I still feel like it's partially done intentionally for that very reason.

Edit: it's basically the same FOMO as you feel even if you miss dailies for current content, tempting you to purchase replays so you don't fall behind eheh.

But when it comes to your idea, I would definitely be all for it. Any QoL is +1 in my book.
    • Like x 2
  3. Proxystar #Perception

I think it's a good idea, even if it were one of those graphical banners each day you log in, like the seasonal ones by advertises the stabilizer event to remind you to run it.
    • Like x 4
  4. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Even just adding it to the MotD in the chat box would be better than nothing at all. I've gotten okay at remembering to do the solo as soon as I log in to my main, but every once in a while I get caught up with something else and forget.
    • Like x 2
  5. Dene Devoted Player

You guys just reminded me that I havent done it it like 2 weeks lol

What about as a mission ?

As in, it appears in your Journal daily.. I think that would work
    • Like x 2
  6. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I hardly ever look in my journal/active mission.
    Also it wouldnt be much different than having it in your favorites in the on duty UI imo.

It would definitely help some, but not all as much as a pop up would help.
    • Like x 1
  7. Ultimus Primus Well-Known Player

"I" do not like the idea of random pop ups of any kind. If i am working a boss or in the middle of healing that pop up could be a real bad thing for "ME". I have forgotten to run it several times, oh well that's on me. But to ask the game to remind you to run content via random pop ups NO thank you from "ME". "I" like the idea of reminding you at log in like the event stuff tells you or a mission in the journal sounds like a decent trade off too.
    • Like x 1
  8. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pop ups dont happen in content as far as i know, only in social spaces like Watchtower/HoL/HoD. Not too sure about open worlds, but never in combat.
    • Like x 1
  9. Hraesvelg Always Right

Only if I can turn it off.
    • Like x 5
  10. Proxystar #Perception

It just needs to be a graphics banner that pops up once the very first time you log in, like the others that do then once you dismiss it, it's gone for that day, they could just stick it on a timer that means every new play session following content resets gets the banner.

No need to turn it off, doesn't get any more intrusive than that.
    • Like x 1
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Are you the guy who needs the sign above the sink in public bathrooms to 'wash your hands'? Just run it when you get in...it's not that hard.

Personally the only pop up I'd ever want to see again is if something is new. New Booster...new ep...new seasonal...new TC, and in those cases I want to see them once...or maybe once per toon even. And you want popups every 2 hours because you can't remember to run a daily run? Do you want one for going to claim the free mark from Circe...or to run the solo?

Although I do like the option to turn it off...somehow, I assume someone will be in here complaining that it was turned off and they also missed out. There should be a reminder for them to turn on reminders when it's something they can't remember. I'm not trying to sound harsh, but this is really not that hard of an issue.
    • Like x 2
  12. inferno Loyal Player

I re-subbed after a six month hiatus and came back 2 days before the stabilizer event comeback. I missed my toons and figured logging on, even for a moment, I can do just to get the daily rewards and stabilizers. Not really happy with the return of stabilizer event since I've only remembered to play the solo 10 times in 3 months?

I think since I am paying for subscription, then the benefits of said paid membership should just be automatically be put in our inventory, regardless of logging in for a certain amount of time or not.

But i'm past that certain point...so my sub has 9 months to go and I maxed out the characters again, so I will only loose 6? I can put my money to other stuff.
  13. KidKretz Committed Player

i think making them solo and putting them back into doing a quest than handing them out for free with login was a good business move.

it made them equivalent to gift cards irl, which we all know are a great business decision because so many go left unclaimed

and then, when you need stabilizers, and you dont have any due to not doing them daily, you have to pay for them.

so yeah, its a great business decision, i think its fine the way it is. it's on the on duty menu, either do them or don't.
  14. Wanning Comet Committed Player

Pop ups seem unnecessary. Why don't you just get in the habit of running the stabilizer as the first thing you do after logging in. Make it a habit and you won't really miss it. The easiest way to see if you've already done it is to go to the custom queue menu and see if you're locked on it, it's literally the first thing in the list under solos at the top. I use the custom to see if I've locked out on the current dlc content and you can use it to check locks on anniversary as well. I have no idea if it's easy to get to on console but it's a simple mouse click on PC after hitting Y.

There is also no incentive for them to help people remember to run the stabilizer, they made it a daily instance so that people couldn't farm free stabilizers on alt accounts, making it an instance at least slows them down. Making it solo actually slowed them even more because they used to be able to run the duo with 2 accounts at once. The more days people miss, the more stabilizers they think they will sell in the market, there is little incentive for them to make it easier for the player base to remember to do a daily that they see a potential loss in marketplace sales.
    • Like x 1
  15. Cypharr Committed Player

Well I got news for you. They won't go back to the old system. The purpose of changing it was for this exact reason you are experiencing. I bet you're not alone and so many people are forgetting to do the stab solo daily. It accumulates over time the number of stabs people should have which in turn puts credit in Daybreaks pocket cos you're more likely to buy stabs when a new TC comes out to make up for the one you missed on top of your membership. Honestly they are real silk with the way they are milking us wet.
    • Like x 1
  16. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wait, arent you the guy that bragged about having a ton of accounts for free stuff in another thread recently, leading to the change of stabilizer fragment acquisition in the first place? :D

Anyway, i don't see this being an issue on both dev-end and consumer reception. If any, it will make players feel like the company is more honest with their monitary rewards that get handed out "for free". After all, the change to go back to stabilizer instances came over night without any major announcement and it really got bad reception simply for that move. Better communication is always good - both inside and outside of the game.
    • Like x 1
  17. Alushaun Well-Known Player

I think reminders in place of the "hey want to buy this?" ads would be helpful. +1
  18. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Yup! Exactly what I was getting at too
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yes...I do stabilizers on several accounts every day... and do them as soon as I log on and after 90 seconds, I can go about my day.

And if I get credit for that change, can I also get credit for it being turned to a solo finally? Honestly the change wouldn't have mattered for the multiple account thing, I get the same amount if I log in every day...I'd guess it was more for the people who double dip on the daily rewards by subbing. Something I do once a year, and on one account...so probably not just for my sake. There are others who do that every 2nd month.

A 1 time login announcement when it was back (as I said, as would help with any 'new' thing that pops up) would have been good....but that's not a poke in the side every 2 hours....is it?
  20. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The intend is to make it re-appear if not done. If - as you said - you do it as soon as you log in, you will not even be bothered by it if its turned on. o_O
    • Like x 1