Doctor Fate's Daily Rewards - January 2024

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 2, 2024.

1. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

WRONG VIGILANTE! I'm talking about the most well-known version, technically speaking, Vigilante II, the one that has appeared in live-action first in Arrow (very loosely adapted, with a totally different secret identity that was created just for the show) and then in the Peacemaker streaming series (in a more comic accurate costume, and with his original secret identity, but with a completely different personality and career than he had in the comics.) He is, for all intents and purposes, DC's equivalent of the Marvelous Competition's Punisher:

Original comic version:

[IMG]

[IMG]

As he appeared in Arrow:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

As he appeared in Peacemaker:

[IMG]

And here's my DCUO version, as close as can be gotten to the original comic costume with the styles we have:

[IMG]

Since they refuse to make an actual Vigilante Style Set, it's impossible to recreate his signature Double-V Emblem. :(

The character's appearance in Peacemaker would have been the perfect time to do some content involving the characters in that show, and to then make a Vigilante Style Set. Instead, the Devs gave us... Peacemaker's Helmet. And that's it. Not even a complete style set and emblem for the show's main character, just his helmet! :rolleyes:

So, yeah, there's tons of the 2nd & 3rd Tier characters that still need lots of love in this game! :(

Note to Self: Tweak Vigilante's shade of blue.
    • Like x 1
  2. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I know, man. it was a joke. I'll get me coat.
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I imagine the emblem was a major factor in getting it approved.
    • Like x 1
  4. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Damn, you got me. I truly believed someone would say this, and then it turned out to be facetious.
  5. Toshknight Loyal Player

i get and agree with you, but i think its the fact, that, they made it a month wait, release, when it could of or should of just been on a episode vendor or another vendor with new armor, this for logging in 22 days as a reward is bad... the quality is my concern, the players, pay tons of money, just for capsules, and counting the subscribing players, there is NO reason they can't actually put things in, or multiple things in at once that people actually want. they dont ask us at all, even if they do, they don't discuss it to a T.

they use the development process, while yes should be secret for most new things, but for iconic armor we are paying for straight up, ask the fans, and players.

don't just put something that a dev says is awesome, or may only be a fan of cause its barley known,. that's the entire reason i think it was put in, 1 or 2 devs, who actually work on the assets and meshes , wanted it.
    • Like x 1
  6. Nightcrawler Legionnaire

I actually have a couple characters that this shirt works for. Looking forward to using it.
    • Like x 1
  7. Toshknight Loyal Player

That's cool, yea, I'm not saying that the styles, aren't going to be cool to use, I'm just mainly commenting on the Development teams, motivations and choices to why they are picking these in the first place, when they're are dozens of other things, that subscribers, and players that buy them on the vendor, would rather have, and you would think , after all the posts, we as a community have made with all the great ideas i have seen from other players, among the posts i have made , they never really get into discussions, about if they like or what the odds of any of that stuff making it in the game are.
    the only thing Mepps has really talked about in the past is stuff like the Green aura back when auras first came out, how we WEREN'T going to have it.
    its mainly negative feedback is what I'm saying, they never take any good posts, and shout them out or talk about them, via stream or just a couple threads, to keep the community thriving. i expect more from them, specially since now they are getting way more money from the players then ever before.

1. updating the Iconic trees abilities, adding more updated abilities, and fixing animations on existing ones that they could keep , or replace with something better

2. Movement styles, updating the superspeed /Acro and Flight abilities and animations, to change with the style you choose,
    Example, i put Blue light stream on my speedster, and when i do the Dash attack, Gyroscope, tornado run, abilities, you see the default instead of applied blue light stream. "stuff like that "

3. alter the Speedster default movement lightning, or change it, and add the 2 year old now 3 year old Speed Force style that we have been given, in the anniversary even, Via Enhanced, Reverse speed force, and Speedforce, suit style,
    Accessory style and the Enhanced Speedforce , Speedforce and Reverse speed force back that is now considered cannon speed force style, once they added that.
    that's why, having a movement style matching those is important to a lot of players that are into consistency across the games styles of all types.
    you can obviously tell the Lightstream style is meant to be or look like the lantern light, but in look, not in name, which is great, so now we could assume the "light stream" style for movement and other styles that could be changed via color/effect can use that name.

like a power set color tab, that should have the above options, via ps5 update, instead of stuff we don't care about , at least talk about it with the players of many, and threads have been made for 9 years now with great ideas, for changing the LIGHT powers, power glow on the hand. and constructs to have the same colors as the lightstream movement colors.
  8. BlackGryphon Well-Known Player

While these would all be great additions to the game, I'm not sure that the art team are the ones responsible for this kind of stuff. It all looks like coders' work to me.

I could be wrong.
  9. Toshknight Loyal Player

yea i agree, but i think my main issue is.... since the developers, no matter who, since The Rage power DLC came out in 2015 metropolis Battlezone lantern DLC.
    The people who ever they are, with each of these IPs inside of DC comics, who are the ones that are now Saying OK, you can use the Green lantern auras, Light streams, weapon construct styles, the party that finally signed off on allowing the Game to use the Batman cowls emblems, the party that allowed us to be able to get the actual flash speedster cowl, and emblem, and the others,
    i know the development team, before couldn't use speed force style, now they can, but the negative speed force was not allowed at first, so, is the reason why the red tesla is not pure red lightning it blinks from yellow to red, and the blue, has a purple color same thing.

but when the anniversary came finally allowing the speed force conduit/ back style , being able to change the color of the speed force style is a huge milestone, cause we use to not have a chance of having that, pre 2016,

i say all this again, only because, i wanto have a discussion with the developers on exactly what is allowed, and what is not, stiill AT this time, which most things are allowed, and how much money they will make if they do add a speed force movement style / update the speedster movement animation and abilities, to match to the changed material,

that is the biggest thing, communication, we can all guess what they are probably doing, but i wanna hear it from them and be able to ask questions, like we use to, Spytle and Mepps use to do more livestreams and answer questions.
    • Like x 1
  10. Toshknight Loyal Player

Jack T. Chance
    ill make this suit for you, or the arrow one, i have some things in mind, that i haven't seen players try , that can do it.

[IMG]
  11. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

As I've never set out to make the Peacemaker TV show version (yet), preferring to stick to the comic version, I'm curious to see what you come up with!

Right now I've been working with my Hex Code for the shade of blue to try to match the shade used in the TV show and on this comic cover:

[IMG]

So I'm also curious to see what you do in that regard! :D
  12. Primortal Level 30

Question: why did the devs reduce the bust size of the female characters? They are different body types to choose from if someone wants that look for their toon. Why force it on every new style? They’re new styles I won’t even use because it makes my female character looks like a child instead of an adult female. There are many really nice and sexy styles in the game that requires a certain body type. Don’t get me started on the newest female slim lines, it just looks bad in my personal opinion. If some people prefer that then that’s fine, but don’t force that look on all of us.