Zero contribution should equal zero rewards

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by CantLoginWithPS, Dec 14, 2023.

1. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Then their fix wasn't a fix.

Maybe have tiered PvP phases... where if you are over a certain CR... You couldn't get in.

You know they don't let adults ride the kiddy rides at the amusement park, right?
    • Like x 3
  2. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

While I don't think this is necessarily a big problem, In 3 years I think I've seen it happen twice, maybe 3 times. I do agree that if you don't contribute (assuming someone didn't DC and joined after the instance started, and is locked out) you don't get the rewards, but I think you should be locked out and have to use replay tokens to run it again.
  3. HunterKorina Level 30

yes. of course!
    start a raid. someone disconnects during first boss fight. vote to reopen instance or invite someone. Now they will be stuck outside till fight is over and get 0 rewards. how nice.
  4. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

If thats to zero contribution. Sure.
  5. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Oh, I'm not saying that, though. I'm just saying that if I join an instance already in progress, I should be allowed to play. Interestingly enough, my weakest toon ran the Larfleeze alert today, and I joined an instance that was already in progress. Apparently, a player left because the group wiped (judging by the chat dialogue).

On topic, on another of my toons, one player sat out the first two phases of the alert, but was at least helping with constructs, while another player sat at the door for the entire alert. (they typed out "Yo", either when one of the Orange Lanterns attacked them or when Larfleeze did, but never actually did anything.)
  6. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Yeah, well, as I said in other comments in this thread, I'm also not a huge fan of joining an instance and not being allowed to play.
    • Like x 1
  7. Ryazan Dedicated Player

It could very well have been me. There's literally no point to the two phases where Larfleeze just heals back, just a timewaster on this awful event. I don't mind players not attacking that egg-sucking idiot (I really do not like the event) until the last phase if they at least help during all the construct phases. If I see that they don't even help with the constructs, ignore list it is.

What I like to do during the useless heal phases is clearing the arena out of the presents. It is yet another thing for me to dislike about the event, because often times Larfleeze will get himself behind them and evade some damage.
    • Like x 1
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, but as pointed out already...if you still get in the door of an in-progress instance, people would exploit it by 'DC'ing...then being re-invited back as a 'new' player. Granted maybe they could compensate for that as well, but that's starting to get into the 'we need a fix for our fix' issue we sometimes get around here.

Personally, If I join an in-progress instance, especially in EEG, I'll take the free loot if I'm locked out. If it looks like the group inside is doing badly or missing a role that I could be filling, I'll suggest a wipe...but if they don't want to wipe and get done faster/easier with a full roster...that's on them. Honestly, if I'm running EEG and end up a mid fight drop, I'll almost always vote 'no', unless I plan on wiping or we absolutely need the help.

But I don't think the original topic was relating to when you CAN'T participate as much as when you choose not to, as in your 'Yo' guy.
    • Like x 1
  9. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I'd suggest keeping track of which instance a player was is if they die then leave, to decide whether to allow them into a boss fight, but I know that would penalize players who lag out and have to sign back in.

And sure, I understand whatever system they come up with will be exploited by somebody. I mean that is the whole purpose behind this thread -- players that take advantage of short instances to get free loot because they can't get kicked for not participating. I just wanted to vent, I guess.
    • Like x 1
  10. CantLoginWithPS Active Player

This is not a matter of not being able to complete the instance without a player or it taking much longer without them, if you are not playing the game or aren't even trying, you should not be rewarded for it. Pretty much only the seasonal alerts need the pvp contribution and kick system, most of other content is long enough to allow us to initiate a kick.
    • Like x 1