Scoreboard adjustments

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BlackGryphon, Dec 31, 2023.

1. BlackGryphon Well-Known Player

Include a setting that shuts off the appearance of the scoreboard popup at the end of a mission.

Leave it set to "On" by default but include a notation stating where in the settings menu it can be changed, or add an actual button on the scoreboard popup itself that disables it.
    • Like x 5
  2. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

Wish they would just get rid of it all together. I have been in so maney pug runs where I have gotten 9 out of 12 of the portals on last boss of ctr and what makes it worse is most of the time I was top dps by 30 to 40 million at the end.
    • Like x 4
  3. BlackGryphon Well-Known Player

It's equally a pain for those of us who mostly solo and aren't concerned about the stats of a particular mission. It just gets in the way.
    I -can- see how others would want the option of keeping it, though.
    • Like x 1
  4. KidKretz Committed Player

this at the end and you know what else? task force x at the start...that pop up lingers way too long for me and i cant do anything at the start to my screen :(
    • Like x 3
  5. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I try to avoid even looking at it. The Scoreboard does nothing but fuel competition between a group of people who are supposed to be functioning as a team. I have seen it lead to anything but cooperation in a PUG group, which is one of the main reasons I try to only do raids with my friends & league mates.
    • Like x 5
  6. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

People just give it too much attention. It's a tool to measure your offensive prowess. Something fun you can use for friendly competition.

It's also something used to determine dead weight.

We were doing the "avoid bubble" feat in CTR last night. There was a guy doing less than 1/10th of the average dps and dying to everything. It allowed us to realize this and react accordingly.

Don't hate the scorecard. Hate the egomaniacal jerks that live by it.
    • Like x 1
  7. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

If they get rid of the scorecard the game will die its the one thing keeping everyone going its a way to show ur progression. u will never feel progression with stats revamp but you can see some of it with the scoreboard
  8. Ghostknight Well-Known Player

I ignore the scoreboard. Keep it or get rid of it doesn't matter to me. I don't pay any attention to ppl that try to judge me on the scoreboard or even my character setup. I play for fun and try to play with people who share my view of what is fun. So far, I am still having lots of fun playing this game!

Peace and DCUO Forever
    • Like x 3
  9. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

That's another reason why I now dislike the scoreboard...

It doesn't show the damage that I'm actually capable of doing.... It shows the damage that the clamp allows me to do.
    • Like x 2
  10. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to mention it out of concern of being accused of de-railing the thread lol. But, yeah I agree. For me, real progression is found in EG content. That's where it really matters. That's where it really means something. "It" being progression, in EG content.
    • Like x 2
  11. BlackGryphon Well-Known Player

All valid points from each person posting's perspective; which is why I suggest the -option- of shutting it off as opposed to doing away with it altogether.
    • Like x 3
  12. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I have deliberately been left on the floor after getting ko'd in a PUG group in the final boss fight. I wondered what was going on, and asked why nobody picked me up - no answer. On a hunch I checked the Scoreboard, sure enough I was... was... the leader. After that boss fight was over, I was no long at the top of the scoreboard, I fell 2 places. I gave them some well deserved snark and received back "gotta do what you gotta do to get top score."

This is not team work. My PUG experience only reinforces my stance on playing with only my league mates & friends although that is hard when they are no online when I am.
    • Like x 2
  13. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

As for me I can take it or leave it. It does give us measuring of where we are or even need to be and sometimes challenges us to get better. It can be a tool or it can be detrimental. It depends on the person
    • Like x 1
  14. GermanM Committed Player

I would love if the scoreboard could show the damage of external elements to the character, like orbital, pet´s etc...
  15. GermanM Committed Player

Agree, that thing leads to toxic behavior most of the times.
    • Like x 2
  16. willflynne 10000 Post Club

That's really one of the biggest flaws of the scoreboard, it's very generalized info and data. While I can understand why it doesn't go into full details (that's be a LOT of pages), it can end up painting an incomplete picture that's very easy to misread.

About the only bit of info I use or even really trust on the scoreboard is the time elapsed.
  17. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

Dps won't pick up knocked out players, they don't want to get behind in damage. I don't get what top damage gets them. There's no leaderboards in the game, it gets them a girlfriend? A job? I think more like another 10 years of nothing in life lol. The same thing over and over expect a different result. It gets them to the life of insanity.
    • Like x 3
  18. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Well, I certainly not going to be their girlfriend lol
    • Like x 2
  19. Ghostknight Well-Known Player

Sorry to hear that happened to you. Something similar has happened to me in a LFG team. When asked about it, I got a "lol" from one ppl. I just added the ppl to ignore and moved on. I have even had LFG groups tell me I don't put out enough damage during instances and get mad if I am running around reviving ppl (crazy). These LFG groups, I believe, think that ppls that are ko'd a lot shouldn't be in the group and true some ppl may be out of their depth in this instance. However, I will always try to revive downed ppls.

I usually look for ppls (added as friends) on LFG that have a good group gaming reputation and join them. 90% of the time it is usually a great game. I run randoms and hope for the best, but prepare for the worse. I love open world because it has no scoreboard and everyone is mostly running around reviving ppls that are down. If there somehow was a scoreboard in open worlds, I would just ignore it like I normally do in instances.

I have been in 5 leagues in my 12 years here and currently just run my own league with my main and 7 alts. Someday, I hope to be part of group of ppls that regularly get together and function well as a DCUO team. It could be either in a league or just an alliance of friends from different leagues.

Peace and DCUO Forever
    • Like x 1
  20. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Hey, girl. My numbers are almost as pretty as you are. These weapons aren't the only thing that I'm precise with.