Winter Sale & Wolfpack Artifact Tokens!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 21, 2023.

1. Mr.W Committed Player

Wishing the team all the best & great success. I may not agree with everything, but I certainly do appreciate you all for continuing to try to improve things. May God bless you all with a very Merry Christmas.
  2. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

have you considered a discount for those of us who already have a matched place setting for four of Strat / Trans cards at 200? or the quartet of Clarions I bought six months ago?

I mean thanks for eventually thinking of this very obvious solution but wow, do these decisions love sticking it to the people who already paid and already played.
  3. Cypharr Committed Player

Merry Christmas bro
  4. Cypharr Committed Player

Tough luck that's not DCUO's problem evidently. Absurd to even think of compensation. Let us know when you come to terms with that.
  5. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

you've been here for a year.

forgive me if i laugh then ignore you, or don't.
  6. Cypharr Committed Player

It has come to my knowledge DCUO has failed the acquisition. Obviously the marketing department has made a grave mistake when marketing DCUO, evidently the campaign has attracted more freeloader and broke ***** than expected. DCUO needs to change this and appeal to the upper class, the bare minimum should be the middle class not this low life's we are now experiencing. Simply because DCUO is listed as a FREE to PLAY game has people confused, thinking that means the game is free. What FREE to PLAY in the game model means limited access to gaming features. This is a business not a charity and if you can't understand that QUIT THE GAME. A business as such must break even to stay afloat. I got news for you' the moment DCUO doesn't break even that is to say begin to run at a loss to Daybreak that will be the beginning of the decent of DCUO. Not long after that if that persist DCUO will be shutdown DCUO permanently and if that happens I'll be grateful for the time and money spent on DCUO and happy it was able to make a living of me knowing I did good in the world. Support businesses not freeload of people.

Riddle me this if you go to a club, do you not pay? If you go on vacation, do you not pay? If you go to a restaurant, do you not pay? If you go to sports game, do you not pay? If you want a woman, do you not pay? Hopefully you are getting the point now. News flash nothing in life is free even the water and air you breathe, the water you will easily understand but the air you pay for indirectly through environmental taxes; ecotax, green tax, carbon tax take your pick cos the manufacturer have included it in the RRP. DCUO is not your savior from reality check. It might be a superhero's game but they are no superhero's they are businessheros thus pay the damn fine.

Have waited to see how many people subscribe to the delusion that the Wolfpack Token cost nothing to make just to see how many people are full of poop and to know what I'm dealing with, if there's even a need to respond to the idiocracy. News flash a programmers time is priceless. The only limitation to a programmers pricing of products is competition i.e. when someone else can provide the same service at a cost lesser than yours thus driving down the price of commodity. Look around there's nobody other DCUO severing this product so they are free to charge as much as the want for there TIME!, SKILL! and EFFORTS!. The community only put forward a lame man's idea without any solutions as to how to implement the now called Wolfpack Token. We just said in lame man's term make artifacts account bound. Devs went ahead to listen to ungrateful people that are now trying to diminish there creative team and programmers. A lot went into this Wolfpack Token if you are uneducated to imagine. I SUGGEST YOU LOOK ELSEWHERE AND FFS QUIT THE GAME PLEASE (See how that sounds? Mary. lol). A few of us will keep DCUO afloat with our financial support and a new marketing campaign that appeals to the upper class, bare minimum middle class.
  7. Cypharr Committed Player

Even if that was true. It makes no difference or gives your ridiculous opinions an edge over mine cos frankly you are talking smark. I've been playing DCUO since 2011 do some research I only took a long break but now......

[IMG]

FYI: Please ignore me I feel accomplished cos I'll know I've tried to educate an otherwise uneducated individual and he or she resisted my self appointed obligation to inform the populace on the Wolfpack Token. Someone once mentioned in one of my threads "don't say anything cos that could make DCUO discontinue there war effort" which I shrugged off. Ironically I'm using the same mentality here to avoid the devs from discontinuing the Wolfpack Token LoL. (You see how that sounds? Mary. LoL)
  8. Mr.W Committed Player

It doesn't sound like your Christmas is starting off too Merry friend :(
    I do hope it gets better. Your passion is coming off like you were the programmer who designed this product lol. Everyone knows a programmer should be paid friend, but that has long since been factored in either their salary at contract or hourly rate depending on the company. This new product doesn't change that in the least. Everything that was already in the game plus member was already giving the company revenue, not just breaking even . We all agree this is a great idea & great 1st step, but some ppl are just stating it can be at a better price point. That's a person looking at reality, not "being broke" as you put it. There are games that let you share important & even what we consider op items across characters for free. In fact the division 2 took this a step further & allow you to share that game's version of skill points across (all) characters for free. No replay token needed. Op items shared for free no Wolfpack needed. The fact is we all do like dcuo too & we're just offering a price point that would increase the sales of this product, not just now, but for all future artifacts as well. That's also why I said the only reasons it should remain at $90 is if they purchased a new software & want to pay that off (possible but doubt it) or they did a demographic research & have a statistic (that we don't know about) that shows the bulk of the player base is willing to pay that much (again possible, more possible than a new software, but I still have reservation there).

Try not to stress, we know it's a fantastic product in the right direction. That's why I messaged Mepps to thank the team for continuing to try new things. Now go enjoy some good food, open some presents, & have a very Merry Christmas! :)
    • Like x 3
  9. Cypharr Committed Player

Will do. Merry Christmas to you too
    • Like x 1
  10. spikeat Well-Known Player

The game is definitely in its senior citizen stage and we can see they are starting to use a niche vs volume price scaling. I estimate 90% of forum posters are budget to free players and the devs are specifically targeting the 10% whales keeping the game alive. With the population decline, the volume of budget and free players spending is clearly not enough anymore at this point.

Which makes sense, because I didn't understand how they were catering to free players with no revenue coming in. After the relinquish of useful perks from being a member, it made matters even worse. There's no new content and TCs are getting stale, hence why we are seeing these new $100 bundles for the whales.

Large population of the game are DPS who uses trans/strat arts. One day they will have new arts to replace the two and at that point everyone will be forcibly "considering" a wolf token. I'm 100% certain that they have this in their back pocket waiting for the right time to deploy it.

I like the wolf token and it's currently a Convenience Token.
    • Like x 1
  11. spikeat Well-Known Player

It's the sad reality of every company's life cycle once they've pass their glory days. I agree with your passion for the game. I too will no longer see and feel the experience when I started playing F2P again.
    • Like x 1
  12. spikeat Well-Known Player

You have it reversed. If they wanted to help "drive" wolfpack token sales, they would reduce double bonus xp to once a year or take it away all together.
  13. Miranda31 Well-Known Player

My probable classification is budget player, if you mean someone who puts a limit on spend within a certain timeframe - in my case, around $42 per month after membership. However this is the first year I've achieved that, in previous years I spent more and I suspect that is a feature of newer players. I think the carapace hardens after a bit.

I'm probably going to get a wolfpack token for Trans and one for Manacles, once the budget allows.
    \
  14. spikeat Well-Known Player

Whales are players with fat wallets.

We found a player a few years ago running some T2 content. He showed some good skill set so we added him to the league. He was previously playing a different game, got bored and came on to DC. We would help him run content to gear up, get feats and every time he would reset the instances for the whole party. He asked us which artifacts were good. After we told him, he went and bought at least 6 artifacts from the marketplace to cover both roles. I'm sure he bought a few more to try them out later on. We advised him to wait for a sale and bonus weeks, but he didn't care if there was one or not.

In the span of 2-3 months between the marketplace and gold sellers, he had spent $1,000-1,500. He was fully geared after the first month. And then poof, he disappeared and we never saw or heard from him again. He never made it to the next dlc and he was with us for 3 months. Most likely he consumed most of the content available and moved onto the next game.
    • Like x 4
  15. wisetoons Well-Known Player

please put this item for 20 destiny token in Dr.Fate Vendor
  16. Bubbla Active Player

As a long time player, I want to say great job to the devs for the Wolfpack. It’s definitely a cash grab, but it’s well thought out and actually is huge W for people with multiple toons or wanting to create new ones. Seriously, good job.
  17. Cypharr Committed Player

A well said narration on Wolfpack Token and who it appeals to since everyone seem to forget on average the META cost about $200 dollar to level up an artifact to 200 or will people start changing there opinion now?

18. Sollace Well-Known Player

Personally, I'd have preferred to see this wolfpack as part of the December 21 day destiny gift for subscribers!
    • Like x 2
  19. Cypharr Committed Player

Well well well the best idea yet. Merry Christmas. Why didn't I think of this? This will be really nice one Wolfpack Token a month for members to claim on the 21st day. @Mepps take note.
  20. Sollace Well-Known Player

I would even have thought of a 1st free wolf pack, as people still have a lot of questions about how the item works.