The real reason artifact swapping hasn't been stopped

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by appocolyps, Dec 21, 2023.

1. appocolyps Committed Player

"Let me jump on your lap whilst wearing my crotchless panties"
    Naughty.
  2. Hraesvelg Always Right

It's the perfect scenario. Heads I win, tails you lose.

If he's US based, I bet I know who he voted for. "If I win this election, it was perfect. If I lose, it was stolen."
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Except they have already nerfed 2 arts. This proves that arts are subject to change. Combine that with their statement that aspects of arts swapping that are deemed as bugs are subject to change. One would believe that they are willing to make adjustments.

His “professional” response was no lol. They have already made a public “professional” statement that they would make changes when they deem something not working as intended. So you don’t have much backing up your delusional claims.
    • Like x 2
  4. Great Architect Loyal Player

"Why can't you man up and tell me what I want to hear?". It's almost as if they believe that having settled on their explanation, nothing else can possibly be true. You see this a lot with Flat Earthers, and the "red pill" rhetoric is pretty common there, too.
    • Like x 2
  5. Proxystar #Perception

You seem so angry Appo, lol

You've been fighting this remove artifact swapping crusade for a long time now, only to be told time and time again, it's not being changed, just move on already.

They haven't eliminated any ability to adjust artifacts in the future, it's still clearly in the terms and conditions that items can be altered and adjusted at Daybreak's sole discretion, any player not realizing that is an idiot, they transfer artifacts at their own risk.

If money was their sole motivation then actually adjusting artifacts in the future would be exactly what they would do, so the if we take your assertion they're simply after money, then they'll take your money and adjust the artifact forcing you into buying more different ones or leveling more newer ones and repeating the process.

Perhaps, just perhaps they were simply attempting to introduce a system, albeit at a super high price, for people to get help with their alts and there's no nefarious ulterior motive here and you should just take the tin foil hat off and stop watching Alex Jones.
    • Like x 4
  6. appocolyps Committed Player

Yes i am angry, that anger comes from a place of passion, having spent years of my time and thousands of pounds on this game and to watch it get decimated by incompetent, greedy and foolish decision makers frustrates and angers me, i am big enough to admit that!

It angers me more that there are people out here defending this nonsense too, people want to sit and play happy families whilst sweeping the issues under the rug.

Agree or disagree with my views i care not, attempt to troll and prod the fire, gang up on me, i care not.

These are my views, im entitled to them, i believe wholeheartedly the release of these tokens has and will play a major factor in future adjustments of artifacts, something again i have been and am passionate about

Spit rules, codes of conduct, Daybreak discretion at me all you want, it matters not, ultimately in the real world, pressure makes a difference, people loosing what they paid for at this level adds pressure, ultimately affecting peoples decisions!

It is my opinion and i have it!
    • Like x 2
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Or. Or… and hear me out… OR… Maybe they added this system because of players asking for them to add some kind of system that would help players get arts on alts?

If only they gave us a hint that there were working on a project like this. I don’t know, something like a dev who commented on a thread about arts on alts stating that they would look into a system like this?

And hey. If only there was some kind of proof that they would be willing to nerf arts even if it affects their sales. I don’t know. Something like them nerfing 2 highly popular item, one being an art that benefited all roles. Or I don’t know, a dev publicly stating that they would look into any art that is not behaving as intended due to art swapping.

If only there was some kind of proof is them doing those things maybe. But noooo. I’m sure those things never happened and wouldn’t happen. I’m sure the cries is a player who is biased and refuses to provide any proof of anything holds more weight than any tangible proof that is rooted in facts.
    • Like x 2
  8. Proxystar #Perception

I don't doubt your passion, but I think your massive opposition to artifact swapping is affecting your other opinions, although you definitely can have at them.
    • Like x 1
  9. appocolyps Committed Player

The system should have been free or at the very least have a variation that is capable of being free, no game based mechanic should be solely locked behind a pay wall, its opportunistic and damaging.

The statement you are referring to was made some time ago now and zero adjustments have been made, too little too late!

Yes they nerfed eog etc to my absolute delight, the backlash they got from that proves my point even more, they caved at the pressure and gifted more rewards as people were not happy! This level of financial commitment now piles more pressure on future decision making, history tells us the devs are apprehensive and cautious in even "fixing" the broken swaps because guess what..... They still havent.

Keep popping that blue pill tho kidda!
    • Like x 1
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Ooof you took absolute delight in an artifact being absolutely and fundamentally wrecked? That nerf was so over the top it wasn't funny.

The backlash they got was because of how long they'd left it in the game and the impact that nerf had on the play style those players had invested in for many years.

Compensation is clearly done on a case by case basis and the compensation was only similar to that with the Venom Wrist Dispenser, which I'll have you know was over nerfed as well and buffed again later, lol, so what does that tell you about the EOG.

The one thing the developers do tend to do in this game is over-nerf things and (in my opinion) I think that does partly come from some players who hate the items on the nerf block in particular also giving over zealous feedback because they honestly want to see it ruined out of spite.

With respect, that artifact went from BiS into a complete PoS, overnight, not even worth considering, which isn't a balance pass in my opinion, it's just a flat out hate nerf.
    • Like x 1
  11. Dene Devoted Player

Great - BE ANGRY!!! Share opinions but do not make up delusional nonsense from an unrelated event (in this case the new tokens) .. state your opinion and move on.

It is is extremely unintelligent to be rude, make up conspiracy theories, belittle etc when stating an opinion, it invalidates the opinion, no matter how strong that opinion *could* be.

Also, to even the mildly intelligent, it makes your opinion look as silly as the theories you put with it, undermining any real good that good come out of said opinion.
    • Like x 2
  12. appocolyps Committed Player

It wasn't wrecked, it still has uses and benefits, a really talented healer in very good group can still utilize it, tanks can still use it and play with variation if they choose, its no longer essential to every build, and rightly so.

Hey they deserved the backlash, get what we can out them i say! Im not disputing compensation should be given, all im doing is highlighting the fact, these decisions have consequences and now they have greater consequences because of wolf pack tokens. That is nothing but fact.

See imo and this is where it is just an opinion of mine admittedly, i have no personal issue with the approach of, if something is being heavily abused by a games community it can be (not should) can be nerfed to high hell for all i care because it has in essence become a standout meta that every1 ends up relying on and making a game stale. Controversial i know but i like things being shaken up, makes it feel new and shiny.

I am conscious and aware my desire for arti swap lock is harsh and unforgiving, hence why over what feels like the last 3 years of discussion i have settled for do something, do anything.....Devs..... Hello.... Anyone home.............. No

In my conclusion to the information i have available to me, it is my right to theorize that the financial pressures from the game are ultimately having an impact on someone having the cajones to DO SOMETHING!
    • Like x 1
  13. appocolyps Committed Player

Nothing i have said is delusional, it may be to you, but all i have stated is based on factual and natural expected outcomes, it is a fact that the release of wolf tokens adds more pressures to the developers decision making when it comes to adjustments, fact, you may not like it, but that is the way the corporate world works im afraid.
    • Like x 1
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

A system like that would have never been free. I stated back when those threads came out that if a system were to be made like that it would most likely be done with some sort of payment attached to it. I agree that it’s way too over priced. However nothing about the art has indicated that no changed would ever happen. They have already don’t nerfs prior. They have publicly stated that they would continue to do changes when needed. Just because you have this biased opinion on arts doesn’t actually change facts.

But putting that aside, I do agree that it’s over priced (not free thou). It should’ve been $50 at the most. I also believe that this should also be available on the fate vendor like it was made available on the loyalty vendor. Heck, at the very least they should’ve made it available through the sale alongside other items on sale.
    • Like x 1
  15. appocolyps Committed Player

Yes free would be in a "perfect" world i dont mind them making profit from those who want to pay, it should however be accessible in game, with in game currency, whether that is 5000 source marks, 5 Dr Fate tokens etc idm but it HAS to be available in game. Same way arti exp can be bought or slowly earned.

To have a mechanic in game that can ONLY be bought is disgusting if im being honest.
    • Like x 1
  16. Proxystar #Perception

So an artifact that was once useful to the majority of the player base is now restricted to "a really talented healer, in a very good group" LOL, listen to yourself.

You've put all these provisions on the artifact being good, that's just a crap artifact, it went from being one of the best artifacts in the game to being a dumpster overnight, that's just the objective fact.

As for artifact swapping, you know I share your viewpoint that they could restrict the stacking of effect persistence, just not swapping, but I just don't think the whole thing in general is nearly the same level of "abuse" you term it. :)

Oh, and, I just don't buy the conspiracy theories, I think it's taking it a bit too far, I don't give the developers anywhere near that evil mastermind level of credibility lol :D
    • Like x 1
  17. appocolyps Committed Player

Anyway its Xmas eve, im going to bid you all goodnight, apologies if I have seemed heated or borderline overly enthusiastic in my bid for the games improvement.

As they did in The First World War, i lay down arms and embrace my opponent.

Opinions may differ, but ultimately we all have one thing in common a love and attachment to this broken, frustrating, penny pinching game.

Merry Christmas nerds!
    • Like x 4
  18. Proxystar #Perception

I don't ever expect apologies from anyone on here for expressing their passion despite any disagreements, I never hold grudges over what gets said on here, so no need to apologize

Have a great Christmas Appo.
    • Like x 2
  19. Ranmaru Developer

Well that didn't have the outcome I had expected but I'm happy to see that ending. But to cover the point that Appo was making at least how I interpreted it, was this stickler point.

"If artifacts already have a financial element, does the wolf pack not increase that financial element? If so, doesn't that mean when preforming balance we as developers will not preform changes due to the perceived financial burden of the change."

This is a thought that I can see the logic with and can have a reasonable understanding of, but that being said I just disagree; When it comes to balance, if I want to change something because I find it to affect the balance of the game I will try to implement it because my interest is the health of the game, not how to properly compensate people who are negatively impacted. Not saying that it isn't a part of the planning process.

I simply don't have enough time in the day to preform all of my systems related tasks as well as preforming deep dives on game balance and artifacts, so it often is sporadic or when I can fix very specific issues I know of that are low hanging fruit. Even this kind of posting for the most part is extra curricular (It being both my holiday and the weekend.) but I personally enjoy sharing what I can and my personal opinion with players so I do it.

On a mostly unrelated side note, speaking about the EoG rebalance when adjusting artifacts I have a centralized vision of how I want the artifact to work and my goal is to not compromise that vision whilst retaining its viability; So I think there were a lot of solutions but I personally found that they compromised the core vision of the artifact so it was an untenable fix but I appreciate the feedback even though I might disagree.

As always, I appreciate the feedback and information, please have a wonderful holiday and new year.
    -R
    • Like x 11
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Have a good Christmas and New Year Ranmaru ;)