I love DCUO so can you remove the stat clamp already?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by llllDeathstroke, Aug 21, 2022.

1. Proxystar #Perception

No need to resort to personal insults, it isn't my fault your position is that fragile.

You were clearly trying to set up this false narrative of content abandonment, while ignoring, natural fluctuations and other things the developers do to overcome low participation rights, to the extent that you're just cherry picking data

Your position is tenuous, because you're knowingly misrepresenting your data and when called out on it, are lashing out.
    • Like x 1
  2. Grim931 Committed Player

It was in LFG all the time. What are you even on about?

People would ask for bodies for runs, not care who they had, and wouldn't force them to leave. People that stuck around were getting carried.

People would also ask for walk-ins when that was a thing. You could skip a lvl 30 to Tier 3.5 in a matter of seconds before they patched it, and people were asking flat out for it. After that, it died down a bit. It was still asked after that point, but not as much.

Either your memory is horrible, or you weren't paying attention to chat at the time.

And to answer your last question, I understand why they did it from that point of view. That doesn't mean I like it, doesn't mean I'll play it, and it doesn't mean I'll stop requesting alternative options to the clamp. I'll keep voicing my opinion, you liking it or not liking it is none of my concern.
    • Like x 3
  3. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Its not though And I'm not misrepresenting data. I literally just went into the game 10 min ago to get those numbers. I'm sorry, the facts don't support your position.
    • Like x 1
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Clearly for you it isn't.

What is the problem? Why does it matter that the population is low? What are you struggling to achieve here? The bounties?

Do you need bounty feats?
    Run the content when it is active and take maximum advantage of spotlight weeks.

Do you need source marks?
    Run something else while that content is less active.

You just want to find excuses for things, but you've never solution focused, you basically just want to rant about things.
    • Like x 1
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Your memory is equally horrible it seems, because you clearly think the majority of runs were just lovely and apparently seem to think content was just popping off left right and center. People were up in LFG asking for all sorts of stuff apparently, right...

Let's also divert a little here and speak about the truth here - easier feats.

This is what this topic always comes down too.

"Give me optional because I don't want to earn my feats", it's really the sticking point on this whole topic, that's how sadly transparent this is.
    • Like x 2
  6. Proxystar #Perception

I don't dispute your numbers, I dispute the way you're attempting to represent it.
    • Like x 1
  7. thedemonocus Loyal Player

See, there you go again with your lies I never said the population was low. I said the population was low in certain areas. Big difference. And whether or not I need bounty feats or not is irrelevant to the conversation. I actually have most of my bounty feeds done now. if you must know, I also have a little under 600 skill points.

I think around 580 or something. So I'm not exactly hurting for them and I have over 2000 source marks. But all of that is irrelevant to the point. My only point is those areas are dead, and most people can't get those feats anymore. You are literally just talking out of your **** now. This is a discussion about the stat clamp, not my stats. or how many source marks I have. I rarely run old content anymore.
    • Like x 3
  8. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

So... You've just given up on any real discussion and have now just chosen to be completely blind to reality and act like you've completely lost your cherry picking mind....

There is no "false narrative" of older content being dead.... Older content is dead.

Fluctuations don't fluctuate that much, Duck Rogers.

I will give the fact that on days like today when people form groups for old bounties... It will be easier to join a group for old bounties.... but, pretending that the ghost towns of older content aren't ghost towns is just... and when groups aren't being formed... You're just out of luck.... or I guess, for you... "cherries".
    • Like x 3
  9. thedemonocus Loyal Player

The numbers are the numbers. They are what they are. I didn't represent misrepresent anything. I said what they were and showed what they were. You just don't like the numbers, so you think I'm misrepresenting them because it doesn't fit your narrative. So again, sorry, the facts didn't go your way.
    • Like x 2
  10. Proxystar #Perception

So you've now arrived at the point I was making this entire time, the part you were attempting to misrepresent.

That's the misinformation you're spreading right there by misrepresenting your data.

That is NOT true.
    • Like x 1
  11. thedemonocus Loyal Player

That's not a misrepresentation. That's a fact. Just stop your embarrassing yourself now.

Actually, I'll just make it easy for you and put you on ignore. And then you can talk to yourself for all I care.
    • Like x 3
  12. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Oh for me it is.... I'm not the one asking what the point is... YOU are.

Once again... It's okay to be clueless.... You don't have to be clueless and unwarrantedly smug about it.

It's a bad combination.
    • Like x 2
  13. Proxystar #Perception

You're basically saying MOST people cannot get those feats - THAT IS A LIE.

I'm sorry is there something stopping MOST players from
    • participating in those areas when they are most active following reset
    • participating in those areas during spotlight weeks
    • joining a league to get assistance with those feats were possible
    • asking in LFG for likeminded individuals looking for those feats.
    • Building a character capable of solo beating bounties - yes this is possible.
    You keep acting like this stuff is impossible and that was what you were trying to represent with your numbers, the problem is though you're wrong, and I'll now correct your statement.

PEOPLE CAN EASILY GET THESE FEATS IF THEY SHOW SELF INITIATIVE AND TRY, THOSE PLAYERS WHO WANT TO BE LAZY AND JUST SIT THERE AND HAVE A CRY WILL CERTAIN GET NOTHING.

You're welcome, see we got to the truth in the end.
  14. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Agreed.
    • Like x 1
  15. Grim931 Committed Player

Your memory is the one I'm worried about. I've claimed quite a few times that I'm not in it for the feats. I couldn't care less that they have them in unclamped or not. I'm here to have fun, and clamped isn't fun for me.

That doesn't mean I'll ignore the fact that feats were available to everyone as unclamped for years. I think everyone should have the same opportunity we all had. If they want the feats clamped, fine. If they want the feats unclamped, that's fine too. Most of them don't require much skill anyway.

That's the biggest issue you seem to have, though. You grasp at those precious feats like they're the only thing you have to hold above new player's heads. Just so they know exactly how much better you are than them, right? These annoying new players, for whatever reason, have to earn them in ways we never really had to for years. They have to go to dead zones, work 5x as hard, beg in chat, or get lucky enough to get a decent group together to bust out feats... all for your approval.

I, on the other hand, could not give a **** less how someone "earns" anything. As long as they're having fun and enjoying themselves, and being productive where it counts, I'm good. It's a damn game, no reason to demand player's earn things how you see fit. I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much you and Diety are the only ones placing these weird requirements on people.

And yes, I distinctly remember people asking to be carried. I distinctly remember carrying people through elite. Hell, I've been carried after taking breaks for a while after being gone from the game. It happened commonly back then, and it wasn't a big deal because it took seconds to do. League mates would get carried without even asking most of the time if they needed it.

The only part that this update even fixed in my eyes was combining all queues. If they did that before, it probably would've helped queue times alone, no need for a clamp. Now, you're still waiting for queues and waiting to form groups. People don't want to run stuff that they've ran before for near meaningless "rewards". Omni does not benefit me at all being at EG, and I'm seeing a lot of people feeling the same way.
    • Like x 4
  16. CrYsiS44 Well-Known Player

No no! Stop trying to spin this into some “skill-based” bollocks! You know fine rightly it’s not that. That’s just your way of cheapening the conversation, and trying to belittle those wanting it. It’s about not being able to get into the content, or if taking days/weeks/MONTHS to get into content, through a combination of players not willing to wait for groups, or just not wanting to run/re-run the stuff.

This is about a dying game, where players can’t get into content, and because they’re clamped - can’t go into content alone to run the stuff. What exactly is your problem on this? You don’t want people getting “easier feats”? I can absolutely gaurantee that you got MANY of your feats when the clamp wasn’t in place. As did I on my old account. Now you want to begrudge the same opportunity to others! insinuating that they’re lazy, or lack skill etc. When you’ve been told the reasons repeatedly, but choose to try and cheapen the reasons given.

Climb off that pretentious pedestal sweetheart! You’ve said your piece, and CONTINUE to keep saying it. I don’t get it!

But here… here’s to show you why. And no! These aren’t open to fluctuations (not of any great import) unless it’s reset ‘NIGHT’ I can do this daily for you, and show you consistency in numbers (more or less) I meant to put it up earlier just for this post, but forgot. (I’ll even have any random in LFG confirm the time in the clips) You’re talking from a U.S. point, the game isn’t all U.S. there are others who don’t have the same experience
    • Like x 5
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Not at all, feats are not the biggest issue that I personally have. I primary reason I find the clamp better is because it provides a more robust experience to the player without having players undermine the content and trivialize it, from your statement above it would seem you find content trivialization "fun", that's probably something we're going to always disagree on.

Having experienced the unclamped environment as well, was it "fun" in the moment"? Perhaps, but it's a pretty shallow form of fun and ultimately lacks longevity and satisfaction and being unclamped creates the litany of issues we've mentioned in this thread, despite any disagreement as to their frequency.

The reason I raise feats, is because whenever anyone gets serious about an "option to be unclamped" it always comes with the strict and heavy condition of "must allow me to get my feats".

The reason they say this, is because, part of the trade off for getting the clamp was getting the unlimited rewards, they know that would be taken from them in any trade off back the other way, so they insist on feat retention in an attempt to "bargain with the developers".

Whether or not that's you personally isn't of particular relevance, because since you're reading these threads you'll know that's been asked and when that is asked for, it exposes the true motivations of the player making the request.
    • They either can't or won't get the feats in a clamped environment.
    The issue of players "previously getting feats in an unclamped environment" is also of no consequence, you can't take this approach into game development or you'd simply never evolve your game or make any changes that resulted in a negative experience for either a new player or an existing player.

The argument as well of "poor new players can't get easy feats", well at this point it's been 2 years, new players don't know any different, they just know the game as it exists.

They have no reference point of the old unclamped environment, the only ones still chasing it are veterans trying to regain something they feel they're entitled to return to because they're resisting embracing the change and just getting on with it.
    • Like x 2
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Wrong solution to the problem - Ask for a server merge.
    • Like x 1
  19. Grim931 Committed Player

Why does it matter how someone else gets their feats, or anything for that matter? Do you also want to verify how much people are spending on Arts/Augs/Replays while you're at it? That's technically not "earning" them from your standards...

You seriously don't understand how strange that is? You want to be in control of how others play the game, that's what you're ultimately getting at. You want to have the final say in how people play and earn in this game, and somehow you feel entitled enough to correct others when they don't feel the same way.

The reason I want an unclamped option is just that, it's an option.

If people want to play clamped, they'll play clamped. They won't have their experience ruined by high level players and they'll earn unlimited clamped rewards. If this is fun for them, they'll play it.

If people don't want to play clamped, that's fine too. They'll earn all the unclamped rewards we earned in the past. Limited marks, locks, whole 9 yards. Exactly the same as it was. If this is fun for these people, they'll play it.
    • Like x 4
  20. Illumin411 Loyal Player

28 pages in four days on the 1,852nd iteration of this topic??? jeeeeeeeezuuuuusssssss
    • Like x 4