Zero contribution should equal zero rewards

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by CantLoginWithPS, Dec 14, 2023.

1. CantLoginWithPS Active Player

I have had enough of carrying living trash bags who do nothing but stand idle during seasonals. Those instances should follow the same rule pvp does, where zero contribution nets you no reward, or where you get automatically kicked for idling. Either that,or make ignore be account wide so I don't have to add the same dounchebag on multiple toons.
    • Like x 24
  2. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

If I am not mistaken, (which I rarely am lol :p), even in the open boss combat you have to deal a certain x amount of damage to the boss in order to get credit for completing it. Shouldn’t the same logic apply to all Seasonal events?
    • Like x 9
  3. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 13
  4. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

Yes this right here
    • Like x 1
  5. FlyingFingers Well-Known Player

I read the tittle and ALREADY KNEW what this was about. For me I add the lazy clowns to ignore and close the game and take the hit of 30 sec lockout and reque again. I REFUSE to carry those A Holes,further more the stab was changed to be a solo which is a BLESSING OMFG. Now the next QOL we need to be looked into is this BS. This nonsense has been going on for WAY To long, these lazy azz scumbags are quick to que the F up but so slow to move around or do anything. This needs to be looked into if you don't put in the work you shouldn't get jack ish.
    • Like x 4
  6. Alushaun Well-Known Player

I completely forgot PvP already has this mechanic built into it. Yet we've been complaining about seasonal's for years.

Agreed, apply the mechanics to seasonals.
    • Like x 2
  7. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

You mean you didn't just queue stab with yourself on another account? :p
    More stabs! xD
    • Like x 1
  8. HunterKorina Level 30

OR just allow kicking people during combat and reduce cooldown time.
    • Like x 1
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Depends on the boss. For ones with the 'pink bar', you have to get some percentage of damage/healing...etc...to register credit. For ones without the bar, you can be just grouped. If you are not grouped, just getting ANY hit will register credit...it does not need to be much.

He's closer with the PvP analogy. In PvP, if you do little to no damage, you get no credit. I think it takes healing into account, and maybe power out for trolls....but for DPS, it's like 5K damage, which you can get with just a few power attacks or few weapon combos...it's not much.

The squatters could get the needed damage then squat again, the only thing it would shield against is a person who litterally hits X on the queue, then walks away. The guy squatting for fun, or because he's cleaning inventory, could also just throw a power, drop an orb or ally, and register enough to get credit. Much like the complaints against squatters in the stabilizer run, nothing will be done about it, because the alert cannot be turned into a solo...and that's the only 'fix' for lazy people.
    • Like x 3
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

They aren't going to change a 4 player alert to a solo though. It works for the stab run...it won't work for seasonals, which are all 4 player runs.

When I used to do when I got squatters, which hasn't happened a TON this seasonal, just stop burning or put something in chat that you are stopping. Die and leave, or wait and kick....either one will take longer than finishing, but you'll get your sense of justice satisfied. Anymore, I just finish and ignore...same as I'd do with the stab run. The bad news is that it's NOT account bound, the good news is that you won't run into that squatter in OTHER runs either.
    • Like x 2
  11. sebfm Well-Known Player

What would be really cool and machiavelic would be a penalty to those who don't do anything likewise :
    - Not getting the loot.
    - Getting a temporary impossibility to queue (few mins for example).

Most MMORPG have penalties for those abusing the system. I'm quite a supporter to the idea of annoying the ones who take benefit of the work of others.
    • Like x 2
  12. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

If one doesn't contribute to the fight, one shouldn't get rewarded at all.

People who behave in such a way are freeloading bums, plain & simple. They leech off of others efforts.
    • Like x 4
  13. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm generally thinking alike, but this seasonal alert in particular actually suffers from too much damage. The Boss will just heal back up if too much damage is dealt and if the community would play it smart, Larfleeze would only be damaged to 30% and then get ignored until the final add wave got defeated. Many times the boss healed just before entering the final add phase, leaving us with 75% HP left to do in the final phase.

There is a small chance of one-phasing the boss if you can do enough damage and get a counter on him just before he heals back up but it's pure luck in a random queue group.

So, while this is an annoying thing to encounter, it's not as problematic during this seasonal (if you know what you're doing).
    • Like x 4
  14. FlyingFingers Well-Known Player

I should of clarified but what I meant to say was the devs changed the stab into a solo by looking into it because one of the reasons in the lazy losers. But they looked into it and for the seasonals should be looked into as far as these scumbags doing this crap for all these years and getting away with it.

I actually heard some people do this.
    • Like x 2
  15. AshocusTheMuse Well-Known Player

I'm not usually one for jumping on the rant train... but THIS is something I can get behind completely!
    • Like x 1
  16. VariableFire Loyal Player

I admit to being confused how people are getting bent out of shape over this for this seasonal. The burn often comes close to glitching it, the overburn triggers more healing in the prior phases, and if you have even one person at endgame, that's usually enough burn to solo the thing. During one run I think one person was trying for the Fried Okaaran feat (they just stopped attacking but they didn't say anything so not sure) so I stopped burning but just two people were enough to end it at Level 1.
  17. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Quite a few times I've even had a run where 2 people were idling... But have you ever had the occurrence where all 3 other people were? I totally did lol. Did the entire thing by myself, still took barely any time at all. Fudge em if you want something done right just do it yourself right? lol. Let them enjoy my charity work Merry Christmas haha
    • Like x 1
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I think the issue comes from feeling like they are being taken advantage of...which I guess technically they are. It DOES add an extra min or so maybe as someone will be burning 2 corners and likely having to carry an orange lantern across the field each round, where if 4 people are working well, sitting in the corners, the lanterns generally die on the drop point and it goes quicker. Plus no one likes working a job where the guy next to you surfs the web all day yet gets paid the same as a co-worker who busts his butt to do all the work.

Now...would a 'min damage' threshold stop squatters? No....but at least people who literally do nothing would need to do something, which I think is the point....even though 'something' would potentially just mean dropping your ally or orbital on the adds then walking away.

And if someone needed the feat, they should mention it....not just stop and assume others will pick up on the idea....but I don't think anyone is bent out of shape for a guy who stopped ONLY at the final wave. For my part, I just assume everyone else in the game is an a-hole and just do my bits....If that's all the work sometimes...well, guess I was right in my assumption.
    • Like x 2
  19. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Maybe, just maybe, they weren’t idling but were in their inventory trying to find the perfect artifact to swap in!

You guys were just too fast at taking down to boss to see how great they actually could have been.
    • Like x 7
  20. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

I do understand what you saying, guys do this alot to women, she works and pays for everything, he prioritize himself in dcuo. Lol
    I got this feeling you mean this more than just dcuo lol.
    • Like x 1