Stat Clamp Is Dogwater And An Failure

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DrakeBall, Nov 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

"....And 'Stupid Questions'.....

Run of ideas?.... Just ask... 'Stupid Questions'.... by Parker Brothers."
  2. KidKretz Committed Player

I will drop this thought i had from the other day in this thread, since it seems to be the top stat clamp debate atm :)

was in zoo elite the other day (p.s. this bonus week has been amazing, thank you devs!) and we get to the 2nd boss, the riddler turning into manbat and such. someone types in chat "block the charges", pretty simple instructions for the group to see incase anyone was new.

well, a couple seconds in and the boss has a skull over his head and sure enough, he does his charge and takes out quite a few ppl hahaha

It's been 2 years now? that stat clamp has been here and pro clampers always used the argument that ppl will have to learn the mechanics now and that they will, and it was our job to teach them.

well, someone in chat tried to teach them, and guess what....they have learned NOTHING!

so please, i hope to never hear a pro clamper ever use these arguments ever again. it hasn't worked, they still dont follow mechanics, and the stat clamp hasnt taught them a thing!

its time to release the clamp or loosen it up more and let us real players take charge of the groups again and plow thru like we used to!
    • Like x 7
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah....that's the one type of 'water' that could end up sounding like a 'good' thing....if THAT'S someone's...thing.

Bleh.
  4. Plowed In Loyal Player

How low do these “real” players need the basket?

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  5. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Careful.... You're gonna have Proxy and Diety form a circle around you....

Just cover your eyes.... and wear a hat... if you don't want any in your hair.

:cool:

Edit:
    And don't worry.... Moon will always be around to clean it up....

Just don't ask how. :eek:
    • Like x 4
  6. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Cool story, bro. I've been in plenty of runs where people followed mechanics and we finished without problems, so I don't know what your anecdote is supposed to prove. That you run with bad players in bad groups, probably PUGs with first-timers? What do you expect? *shrug*

Some people learn, some don't. When face-rolling older raids nobody learned anything until they were carried well into the endgame. If you thought the Clamp would make everyone a great player - that's on you. There will always be bad players, or first-timers. If you think that's going to convince devs to remove the Clamp - I'd say, that it's unlikely.

"Real players" are doing that, Clamp, or no Clamp. I wouldn't necessarily call people, who need god-mode to get through a raid "real players".
    • Like x 1
  7. KidKretz Committed Player

that was funny

and the answer is, to where all 7 players who didnt follow the mechanics or just low CR are standing at the door after dying in awe of how i was able to solo it and hoping that someday, when they grow up in the game, they can be just like me!

and i say that only because, that is what inspired me years ago, watching high CR ppl beat things that I myself could not! I longed for the days of getting stronger ingame to help out the smaller ppl like many helped me out!!!!
    • Like x 5
  8. KidKretz Committed Player

well obviously you didnt read that "cool story" because i told you that this idea of the clamp making "great players",as you say, was a pro clamper talking point from years ago.

for all i know you yourself repeated it, im not going back to find who was supporting it, and who didnt, you can if you want, but the truth remains, it was a talking point nonetheless, and time has proven it wrong!
    • Like x 1
  9. Irvynnge Loyal Player

it is, apparently, gamer slang for bad / garbage.
  10. KidKretz Committed Player

hehe
    • Like x 3
  11. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Nobody ever said, that all players would be great. If that's what you read - you got it wrong. Players need to learn mechanics if they want to get through more difficult content. If they don't - they usually don't finish it, because they can't be carried by over-geared narcissists, who want to be admired for something as pedestrian as having high stats, which what would happen before the clamp.

And even if - somehow - nobody learns anything - that was never the only, or probably even the main reason, why the clamp was introduced. So if you think that a story about some players not playing well will change anybody's mind, especially those, who make decisions about the game - you're wrong again.

If you want players to want to be "just like you" - be a skilled player, that still works.
    • Like x 1
  12. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Psssstttt..... He was one of them....

Now that it's a failed point... It's irrelevant.

Much like the "It will bring in new players!!" thing now that it's shown that it didn't.
    • Like x 3
  13. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Here's where this BS falls apart....

We work to be that tall (some for more than a decade)... and someone coming along and cutting off that guys legs... ain't as funny....

... and the real.. much taller... basket of actual endgame the isn't being shown.

But... funny gif.
    • Like x 4
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Them learnt English.
    • Like x 1
  15. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Ever hear than an anecdote is not statistical data?

Now you have.
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

So they either learn or get punished. Seems to work as it should. Why should someone get rewarded for ignoring mechanics? Some will learn and some will not. Ever hear the phrase “you can’t heal stupid”. Same goes for players who refuse to follow simple instructions.
    • Like x 2
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Went from high cr to high skill. Players can still do these kind of things with issues. If you want a participation trophy you can go beat up on lvl 3 enemies in Gotham and metropolis.
    • Like x 1
  18. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

The funny part about the argument over how low they need the basket is it wouldn't need lowering if not raised by the stat clamp after years of players being fine without it (Really should check those quarterlies and follow the drop off since the stat clamp. It's not opinion).

The stat clamp created a problem they refuse to acknowledge it created (The parent company had no issue addressing it as it's publicly traded and all the quarterly's and Q&A are online) and now they act like the stat clamp didn't do exactly what the stat clamp did. It’s kind of funny watching the same few people years later still circling anyone daring to not join them at The High Church of The Mighty Stat Clamp, Praise be its Name (They hold mass every day from 12am to 12pm then again from 12pm to 12am).

I used to try and educate them, now I just smugly smile as they keep regurgitating the same old same old despite the facts being readily available. Once again It's ALL online and it makes these jokers (get it Joker because DC) look beyond silly arguing others are the ignorant ones when they don't even know who owns Daybreak. Enad Global 7 owns Daybreak. They have quarterly reports, shareholder meetings, Q&A ,and you can see the financials. They also give their plans for the future which are nil except expanding to future consoles which all games do even "dead ones" (DC isn't dead just on life support and losing blood). Go back a few years and you can see how well the stat clamp has done financially (hint not so good).
    • Like x 2
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Oh, yeah...I got the meaning from the context....I was just wondering why it was 'dog' water....vs any other more obviously 'bad' water.

Again....'toiletwater'...'swampwater'...or if you live in Flint MI....just 'tapwater'....seems to convey the same message. The more non-obvious use of Dog-water was an itch in the back of my brain every time I see the thread title.

That and I grew tired of the discussion over the obviously awful graph and 'facts' backing it up....as well as the complete denial by some that the game IS indeed less active now (not saying it's more clamp than just normal attrition) than it was just a few years ago...so I was trying to mix it up.
    • Like x 1
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Um...I checked a survey done by Reddit and that guy is apparently 9 feet tall....so your gif is ineffective as sarcasm.
    • Like x 3
  21. Illumin411 Loyal Player

A: Did this bowling ball & pins act happen repeatedly over and over? or just a few times? People do learn better by doing rather than reading/listening. I myself always get a mechanics breakdown from one of my test server buddies when new elite raids drop but I'm still always a bumbling buffoon the first couple times through until I get some hands on experience to learn from.

B: I'm pretty sure no pro-clamper guaranteed that 100% of players, new or old, will get their s*** together, master all elite raids mechanics and perform superbly in all elite content. You're still dealing with human beings, probably mostly younger human beings. That's not a particular deep pond to be fishing in. Also, lots of people are still kind of new (despite claims to the contrary, the game gets a relatively decent influx of new players). Or they're just new to that content. The other day I omnibussed Darkness Rising (JLD Alert) and the other three players had never ran it before. OR they haven't ran the content in ages. Got Gates of Tartarus in omni last week. I hadn't been in there in yeeeaaars. Literallly couldn't remember or recognize a single thing about it.

C: It is an ELITE raid. Executing mechanics has always and should always be a big part of being able to complete elite raids. That dive was still a 1-shot before the clamp. The difference is that three DerPS's could get flattened and the remaining two could still burn through in under a minute...which is stupid, boring and counter to the intention of elite content. There is an option for players who struggle with elite mechanics. I'm sure you already know what that is.

Bro, I carry alert AND raid groups through omni runs all the time. Obviously that's easy on my alt with an OP battletank build. But I do it on my main as well. If I had a dime for every time I was top burner as a BUFF (not battle) troll running tetra, claw and Zod even though my dps is prec based. That Darkness Rising (JLD Alert) run I just mentioned? I carried them with closer to triple than double the next DPS's damage but we still flew through it quickly. One dude said "I haven't run this before. What just happened????" To which I replied, "we won, that's what happened. :)"

As a purported "real player" f you're having trouble doing the same, perhaps, just maybe, possibly consider rethinking that "real player" designation. How about "quasi-real player" or" semi-real player"? "real player jr" could work. Ooooh, what about "real player minor", like the constellation! That's dope. No wait, I got it. This one's a mouthful but it's pretty clever....."made with 70% real player". Boom! That's the one! And ya gotta always make sure people say the whole thing, like A Tribe Called Quest!
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.