Stat Clamp Is Dogwater And An Failure

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DrakeBall, Nov 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrakeBall Well-Known Player

Enough im tired of pretending like this garbage was a good thing i swear Nobody even asked for it, this update is an epic fail. It's stupid. The devs don't know what they're doing. And the idea that the game is loaded with all these low level players craving a challenge is a complete myth. It's utter nonsense. It's rhetoric from the small minority on the forums by people who barely play the game, This update is trash they introduced a another cashgrab in form of allies and made vet players weaker for the sake of it, All them years of grinding to get 500 SP and top gear for nothing, They should of just kept it how it was game was fine I personally loved helping newbies and now I can't. Thanks Daybreak you lost a lot of players from this.
    • Like x 52
  2. BumblingB I got better.

There's... a lot to unpack in your post.

1. Believe it or not, people did ask for the clamp, but we didn't get the clamp because of them. It was introduced to get the queues to pop. Not to nerf players or slow them down and as incentive, all EEG clamped content is completely free of loot locks. So it can be run over and over again. We get boosted when at level and we have piercing when we are clamped down. It's really not bad and players that are frustrated haven't really tried it yet or may have found the 1 piece of content that needs to be brought in line with the others.
    2. Clamped content isn't very challenging and if you find ones that are, make a post about it, because those are outliers. We recently got a bigger buff to EEG content both boosted up and clamped down.
    3. Allies aren't a cashgrab... yet. Though I'm working on my Aquaman and it's definitely a costly sink. (Aside from the initial purchase, no other money for resources. Those Legendary Alliances are really expensive on Cyborg.)
    4. If you were able to help new players and are struggling now, make a note about what content it's a problem and report it. (See my second point.)
    • Like x 28
  3. Plowed In Loyal Player

Sorry you feel that way, but the entirety of the game is now available to play for everyone for loot. The clamp is the trade-off. There needed to be some threat of failure (it’s an action-combat game after all).
    • Like x 14
  4. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

"All them years grinding to get 500 SP and top gear for nothing"
    Was it? I could have sworn that in Endgame Content (EG: The Previous 3 Episodes) it was for something alright.

"Thanks Daybreak you lost a lot of players from this"
    Link to those stats?
    • Like x 5
  5. DrakeBall Well-Known Player

I can't believe some players want this and defend it.
    "It's for the new players, its for the sake of the community"... Pleeeease Stop it
    Why people love skating up hill is beyond me. I mean this content is old.. People really don't run this stuff anymore. If people were always running this stuff fine, but who's really doing bounties for ancient dlc's
    Just make new content devs
    • Like x 10
  6. Cordelia Well-Known Player

I love the stat clamp. It's made old content interesting again without making it impossibly hard. I've had an easier time getting into older content I want to run. Lots of players that left years ago have come back. It's been a positive all the way through.

Sure, there are a handful of instances that are more difficult, but most of those are due to newer players who never bothered to learn mechanics. Once mechanics are explained, most of those are simple to get through.

So far I think the clamp has been a great thing for the game. I used to think it would be awful, but the way its been implemented has me firmly on the pro-clamp side. I was wrong to think it would be bad. It's great. It's made the game fun again.
    • Like x 21
  7. Plowed In Loyal Player

…And the real frustration rises to the top…being eager for new content.

I’m with you on that! December isn’t coming fast enough :)
    • Like x 2
  8. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

Just say you suck at old content because never learned the mechanics. It’s easier than saying it’s a failure because you can’t burn through content. Hell I actually go into old raids now, I would never have queued into these old raids without it. I didn’t even play old content for the sole reason I didn’t want to sit in a queue for 30 minutes for someone to not hit X then sit there again.
    • Like x 10
  9. DrakeBall Well-Known Player

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.

[IMG]
    • Like x 10
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I am because I have friends that have been returning to the game from being away for years and need to catch up.
    • Like x 9
  11. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

Someone’s upset.
    • Like x 8
  12. BumblingB I got better.

The recent update has brought back 2 leaguemates that have been gone for years. Possibly a 3rd, but life has been stepping in his path for a bit.

These changes have made the game way more inclusive than any content. I'm not a huge fan of being clamped, especially the elite content, but it has shown a very positive results in the game already. It definitely will increase the lifespan of the game.

Players that are making posts like OP are players that never really played the game and haven't really tried the EEG clamp. It's like, not going to like it and still don't like it but wont play it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • Like x 11
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

If people don't really run this stuff anymore, what exactly are you complaining about???
    New episode announced months ago and being teased all over the place for release soon, so what are you complaining about again?

If you want the stat clamp removed you need a compelling argument with actual facts and not some worthless bellyaching based on feelings. You claim the clamp is dogwater and a failure...but you haven't shown anything to back up this assertion of yours.
    • Like x 9
  14. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Overall, I like the changes with the clamp, but I still don’t understand what they’re thinking with EEG elite. The new plan seems to be 15 cr above enemies and eventually 100% stat piercing. Okay. Well, that still leaves you weaker in elite content after it drops into EEG.

I haven’t confirmed, but elite enemy cr in Wonderverse is something like 316 or 318 or the like? If so, then if we played right now at max cr, we’re in the range of 30 cr above those enemies with 100% “stat piercing”. Starting with the next episode, it will change to us only being 15 cr above with less than 100% stat piercing. So we lose half or more of our advantage as soon as it drops into EEG?

The idea behind EEG regular is to help. The idea behind EEG elite is to punish. I don’t get it.
    • Like x 2
  15. BumblingB I got better.

Yeah, EEG Elite content is still a problem. Still the one thing that is negative about it. It's like the devs don't know what to do with it or care to make it better. They are giving all these buffs and what not to normal, but elite is just "slightly" more piercing? What?
    • Like x 2
  16. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

17. NotMeMaybe Active Player

So you are complaining because you can't one shot bosses and can't solo raids, i'm sad for you it's a disaster.

What an enjoyment it was for new players to get carried in 20 different raids with 0 difficulty,what à good learning curve for them to be in endgame after 2 days and realise they have no clue of what they're doing.

In short you are the guy who is wrong stats clamp is fine, you just can't deal with not one shotting stuff. My dear...
  18. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

It's all fine and dandy that you feel that way, but just know that at the end of it all it is Subjective on what you think about the Stats Clamps, If I was to give you a little of my thought, well whether I like it or not, that should not be what's important , this is a game I have invested so much time in, and have so much memories, from players who helped me get gud years ago to players who have become my friends, no longer plays this game, recently had a few friends returned and they're enjoying the new set up like myself, So I would like to think it is bigger than being clamped, if you love your characters, your work, stories, base etc. then you would still appreciate this game no matter the direction. It happens!

Tldr: Your feelings should not dictate how much you dislike where the game is heading, look at PvP and I am still enjoying the game, Sometimes it takes a little effort to have fun you know.:rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  19. Wallachia Devoted Player

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.
    Shhh, everyone, let's keep quiet. The rude teenager is discovering that he isn't good at the game, he just facerolled easier content because of the high difference in stats, and he thinks that insulting people will get his petty whims fulfilled once again.
    • Like x 5
  20. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

If you have 500sp, full gear, augs, and arts, even the clamped content should be a breeze for you. The clamp isn't the issue. The real issue is, and what has always been is newer players not knowing their roles. The devs refusal to make any kind of competent tutorials and putting it on the vet players to teach them is ridiculous. I never minded teaching, but it gets old when it has to be done every single instance.

Pre made groups still slaughter everything in sight and steamroll through clamped content though
    • Like x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.