Stat Clamp Is Dogwater And An Failure

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DrakeBall, Nov 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

Still, your numbers suggest the clamp was a failure, but whatever.

Truth is the real numbers are a closely guarded secret. Probably because they suck. If they were any good they'd be flouting them to put this kind of conjecture to rest for good.

Their silence on the numbers is worthy of some trust.
    • Like x 6
  2. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

I know you're not as.... hard-headed... as the other guy....

1) NOBODY EVER PUT ABSOLUTE TRUST IN THE OTHER GRAPH..... EVER.
    The first thing I said when asked about the data was that it wasn't as accurate as it could be....

Never said it was accurate or literal.. as NOBODY ASSUMED THAT THE 0 MEANT 0,

I said that the decline in all games on that site at the same time, as Moon pointed out, raised reasonable doubt and was a concern.

2. YOU [GUYS] ARE STILL USING THE GRAPH.
    You guys still refer to things on the graph as evidence.... You refer to the things that you agree with as if it suddenly becomes reliable again.
    • Like x 1
  3. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

4. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

That dude is on EUPC/PS and was complaining about no responses in chat at around 5-6AM. He also boasts about being "infamous" in his signature and on a less populated server, if you're that kind of a person - and not an amazingly skilled player - it's quite easy to find, that people don't respond to your LFG.

However, as a villain on EUPC/PS I can attest, that population numbers here leave a lot to be desired. I don't believe it would be better if the clamp never happened - in fact, it would possibly be worse, because without it someone like me would have been done with all content in 6 months to a year and would have left due to boredom, like I have done before. But the sheer age of the game, the less frequent and smaller content releases, the lack of PS5 client, fewer attractive bonus weeks, et cetera definitely don't seem to be motivating a lot of players to log in. And the fewer players there are, the harder it is for the remaining ones to play, leading to more people getting frustrated, taking long breaks or quitting entirely, thus making the problem exponentially worse.

An MMORPG needs a certain level of population to even be functional and at this rate EUPC/PS - especially villain side - may soon become close to unplayable outside of new content releases.
  5. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  6. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

You're waisting your time.
    It is obvious they are not replying to what is actually been said.

They are cherry picking in the comments and are very busy creating the most EEViLLL Super-Villain of them all......

..... The All Mighty Straw-Man.

;) ;)
    • Like x 3
  7. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

May our lord and saviour, "the clamp", embrace us firmly and carry us to salvation. Amen.
    • Like x 2
  8. Proxystar #Perception

It doesn't show anything of the sort, the numbers before the clamp and the numbers after the clamp are the same within a reasonable degree of variation, pretending otherwise is just ignoring the numbers.
    • Like x 2
  9. Plowed In Loyal Player

So the goalpost has changed from “The clamp has cost us players” to “The clamp hasn’t gained us players.” Got it. Show me where they had this as a goal.

You’re allowed to not like it, but the fact you keep trying to rationalize it as a failure so that you can be happy about it, geez. Time to move on.

They really don’t point to actual numbers…ever, be it good or bad, but don’t let more facts get in the way of a good conspiracy.
  10. Proxystar #Perception

I'm not using the graph I'm telling you to outright ignore the graph.

The numbers not zero, it's clearly no where near zero, steam numbers stayed static, if steam numbers remained static, chances are good other platforms did too.

I may not have all the numbers, but I at least have some numbers, you have no numbers.

Again the developers haven't done anything because there's no need to do anything and your complaints will continue to fall on deaf ears because they aren't justified.

The devs aren't ignoring your complaints, they're accepting them and disregarding them which is why they've done nothing for years.
    • Like x 1
  11. Plowed In Loyal Player

I know a guy who’s no longer playing…

[IMG]

Everybody should be careful when sub-grouping and conspiracy theorizing…it’s good to let outside information in once in awhile. ;)
    • Like x 1
  12. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

The clamp is only 2 years old.... Let's not pretend like we've been at this for a decade... as if time definitely set the precedence....

It would take at least year to realize (if) it was a fudge up....

It takes 6 months to do a DLC that they know that they're doing for over a year...

Time isn't indicative of anything.

And, once again.... doing nothing is not indicative of it not being a problem.... as they have demonstrated for years (precedence) that they don't fix known problems. (bugs/PvP)
    • Like x 2
  13. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Lol... Just like you wouldn't respond to all those examples of graphs for other games, sourced from the same website, which show them supposedly losing huge numbers of players at precisely the same time DCUO clamp happened - and never recovering?

I get it - what else is there to do, but joke about the clamp ruining the entire MMO market and hope it will be soon forgotten, buried under pages of mealy-mouthed musings about how nobody knows anything for sure, so your assumptions are probably right and any data that contradicts them should be disregarded? Otherwise, you'd have to admit, that a drastic population decline in August/September 2021 - if it happened - was likely caused by something other than your pet peeve - the Evil Clamp - or that there's something wrong with the data used by mmo-population.com. At least most of those other games' graphs don't show months of entirely empty servers, which even you know didn't happen in DCUO and is clearly an error in how data is being handled.

So, which is it? Did a huge exodus of players happen across MMO market, for reasons unrelated to the clamp? Or did something change in August/September '21 about mmo-population.com, or Reddit data collection/calculation? Or is it just a coincidence, that games like Elder Scrolls Online - allegedly - lost huge numbers of players at the same time the Clamp single-handedly caused DCUO to lose an unknown percentage of population, that's not at all reflected in Steam numbers, because all Steam users loooove the Clamp? By the way - ESO cliff edge population drop can't be found in their Steam stats either. Not all of those possibilities are equally plausible, although if you're emotionally invested - I know which one appeals to you the most.
    • Like x 1
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

He was probably a COD guy anyway.
    • Like x 2
  15. Plowed In Loyal Player

Believe it or not, Animal Crossing.
    • Like x 2
  16. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

The good old stat clamp augment. I see the usual suspects still here praising it's glory (The legacy of the clamp will live on). Quite a fare few fresh faces popped up in numerous threads sharing their discontent, then gave up, and then left for good (I'm sure that's great for the game). But before I get any of the usuals riled up let me just say, or rather type, cheers & happy holidays.

Now I'm off to look over Enad Global 7s reports again. Particularly the part regarding the games performance and future or rather lack of one (It will still be here for now but a 15% drop off isn't good). I found the part about no further investing in the game, outside of making it available on future consoles, very interesting. But feel free to read or watch yourself. Their financial reports are online after all. Kind of cuts through the speculation and arguments over Steam and who is right about what when the publicly traded company has the info publicly available. - Have fun!
    • Like x 3
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I do have one burning question about this thread.....what is 'dogwater'? I mean the connotation is 'bad' I'm sure, going off the general feeling by the poster....but is 'dogwater' the water in the dog's bowl? Water the dog is putting on a fire hydrant or yellowing my grass up with? Is it the sloppy kisses of an amorous Basset hound? Or is it water that has actually been filtered ON a dog...like a dog's bathwater?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  18. Dev72 Dedicated Player

It's just bad water..not fit for human consumption also known as "gross"...etc. However, open to preference in definition.
    • Like x 2
  19. Proxystar #Perception

Except history also shows you that anything affecting their bottom line is fixed pretty quickly once discovered yet you want us to believe that they're just ignoring the clamp, while they continue to bleed players en masse.

Your position doesn't make sense, it's illogical and asinine and isn't backed up by any data, it doesn't even fit with public data, it almost certainly doesn't fit with Daybreaks private data or they'd have done something.

You'd basically like us to believe the devs are being idiotic by wilfully ignoring their own game is bleeding out, which is just absurd.

One of us is wrong here and given how illogical your position is, it is almost certainly you, at this point I don't think you're actually reading any data or even my posts though, you're so far down the rabbit hole you can't find your way back and I am certain you will simply respond to this post with irrelevant dribble.
    • Like x 1
  20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Their silence on the numbers is long-standing policy. During good times or bad, boom or bust, the devs have kept mum on sub numbers on a very consistent basis over the years, regardless of which name has been/is on the company. Here, in Star Wars Galaxies, heck even Clone Wars Adventures, they never revealed sub numbers.

If they've never really made any sort of statement on their own numbers, why would they be inclined to comment at all on numbers from outside the company?
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.