CHME Problems/glitch?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Cold Fusion, Nov 17, 2023.

1. spikeat Well-Known Player

It's great that VF will have access to many other instances to obtain the wonderpunk hands and not just this specific content.

Why do you make it sound bad for players who runs it in regular? The story and content is the exact same. In lots of games, the average player does not go out of their way to set their difficulty level to hard or very hard. DC offers the option of 4 difficulty levels to choose from. The time to complete elite alerts in general have always been the same or longer than raids.
  2. spikeat Well-Known Player

I never saw anything in the update notes when the devs tempered the difficulty of elite content from the past few episodes. There was no mention or confirmation whether it was on purpose or not either. We are all in the dark.
  3. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Even in Event, I've noticed the difference. Not as dramatic as Elite or E+, I'm sure, but Swampy does come out of his cocoon with way more health back, now. Of course, given that there are plenty of players well over CR 402 playing Event, the amount of additional time it takes to beat him is negligible.
    • Like x 1
  4. bboy-rei Well-Known Player

Never said running it on regular was bad, I do it on alt toons. It's that with the buff to the boss in elite people are thinking, is it really worth running it for the few extra marks when the run will take twice as long if not longer when accounting building the group and if anything goes wrong?
    • Like x 1
  5. Miahztwin Committed Player

So you’re more geared now but the alert is 5minutes longer. Sounds like you could agree to this post
    • Like x 2
  6. Miahztwin Committed Player

Swamp Things defense has significantly increased during the last two phases. Was this an intended fix? Who knows? I always thought it was a bit odd that swamp thing would grow in size but become increasingly more weaker every phase. I guess aesthetically it makes more sense this way. But yeah it’s definitely longer. I’ll be queuing regular or event in the meantime.
    • Like x 2
  7. Miserable Dedicated Player

It has certainly become a grueling fight ;)
    • Like x 2
  8. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Two manned the entire regular elite instance yesterday with a tank and DPS. Wasn't by choice as for some reason 2 left after building the group going in. We tried to bring in other players, but would leave because no one wanted to wait until the 1st boss was done before continuing the instance, and then no one wanted to join after the 1st boss was completed. It was a bit long, but as long as mechanics are followed as in any other instance it was easy. The issue behind the buff now is that players lack patience behind a "microwave ideology"..which is an issue overall within the community.
    • Like x 1
  9. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Do you think the discontent is because the instance flowed one way originally and now it is longer without any extra credit in the payout? If something takes me longer to achieve that previously didn’t require any extra time, and nothing has changed on my part, but I still get the same payout, that seems rather irritating. More work for the same pay as it were.
    • Like x 1
  10. Dev72 Dedicated Player

It is based on context. The original wasn't meant to be working the way it was working. If it was working the way it was supposed to, the reward still would have been the same and very few would likely have given it a second thought.
    • Like x 1
  11. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I believe this is a problem with most games, in that they are released one way and players get use to this original way, and then when it is retroactivity changed it causes player discourse as the original way is viewed as the correct way.

I personally would prefer Alerts to take less time than Raids. On that same note, I would open to Raids being made a little longer with more content added as opposed to adding new mechanics or making the bosses more difficult retroactively.

In FF XIV, we have raids what can last an hour or more sometimes and though tiring, they are fun because it is an adventure that is engaging. I don’t think the DCUO community would want a raid to last no longer that 30 minutes at the most, which is way raids are designed the way they are, the Devs know their customers. I would like to think if the raid was compelling, even though longer, it would be accepted by our gaming community at large.
  12. spikeat Well-Known Player

We all noticed the difference in Swamp thing and I've cited it a few times in my posts. Where is the disconnect?
  13. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Haven't played FF since it went to a multiplayer format. Can only handle one jacked up community at a time. But, back to this particular game. This is yet another reason why, to add to many other reasons previosly mentioned, that the Devs needs a real testing team rather than looking to the community to test new content to properly identify issues...or be more transparent with the testing community in the way an instance is supposed to work prior to releasing the DLC for test so it can be tested more properly.

Testing blind is and has never been the correct answer.
    • Like x 1
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Personally to me, the issue is if he's healing too much, and you are either running with less than 3 DPS, or have a few DPS not up to snuff, by the time the adds are biffed and he comes out of the pod, he'll be back up MORE than is reasonable. It's cool you could get it done with just Tank and DPS, but it wasn't a talk about things been 'easy' or 'hard' just that it's taking longer than it's expected...or maybe worth doing. I can tell you now, I'd never reset that run. You can run the solo 3x by the time you run the alert less for just about the same amount of replays and get the same renown.
    • Like x 2
  15. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

We are still talking about the Elite version right?
  16. Miahztwin Committed Player

You stated that you don’t care what happens. You said “is this what all this fuss is about?”. That is the disconnect, You say you don’t care, your experience to this glitch adds on to our anecdotal evidence but you don’t care but have posted the most in this thread. This is the disconnect
  17. spikeat Well-Known Player

At this stage where many players have already gotten full renown, I'm fine if the devs flips it either way, whether it was intentional or not. But I do care about the direction of elite content in the future and this discussion ties into future content.
    I'm responding to posts, obviously I would have many posts here. If no one had responded, there would be no dialogue.
  18. Miahztwin Committed Player

Yeah l would assume almost everyone has full renown considering it’s been two months. People still want marks. You wanted to use this opportunity to brag about your Dps prowess. That’s what your post was for. I’m done with this conversation, have a nice day
    • Like x 1
  19. spikeat Well-Known Player

I only shared an example of my run in detail. I never claimed to be the best or an excellent dps. I'm sure there are many groups with smooth runs like mine or better that don't post here on the board. Likewise to you, good day and happy thanksgiving.
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yes, but honestly it's different in reg too. Just less impactful with a group of 4 DPS or 3DPS and someone battle tanking or battle healing, which is common enough.