CHME Problems/glitch?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Cold Fusion, Nov 17, 2023.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I can tell you that many do NOT have full renown. Either because they didn't spam, or are running multiple toons, so the going is slower. Actually tweaking it UP later in the DLC honestly is the wrong direction, as at this point...as you point out...many who ARE done with the renown will be opting out, meaning the pool of people who want to run the slower content is even lower than if the change came in the first week or so of the DLC.
  2. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I did notice that there was a difference in reg last night. My sister, her friend and me were doing the reg version and the 4th member dropped out on Etrigan. We finished him off but had difficulty with Dead Man. I have been in a 3 player only group before when I had less stats and we were able to take out Dead Man. Last night however, after the 3rd failed attempt we re-opened the instance to invite a new 4th player and together we were able to clear the alert.

Have there been complaints about the difficulty level of the alert being too easy?
    • Like x 1
  3. Dev72 Dedicated Player

The trick is waiting to unload orbitals, henchmen etc while he is in the pod phase on the ads, so they are dispatched rather quickly. I never reset it either.

I was in a run yesterday, where we had a heal, tank and 2 dps set up. The tank was 416 and was doing ok, except he would get slapped if stood in place too long..especially by the boss's haymaker. Everytime he went down...I would have agro and running for my life leaving it up to the heal and/or other dps having to pick the tank up. The healer couldn't understand that though, and was fussing at me for not picking up while the boss was chasing me around the room..:rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  4. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

And in Event, too, which I've been running because my new alt is way below CR 402. And it's not so bad because most of the players I've run into in that alert have a higher CR than 402.
    • Like x 2
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I don't know about complaints, but I think the Swamp Thing healing mechanic wasn't working for a while...which I did notice he got little or no health when in his pod. However, maybe they over compensated with the 'fix' when it was applied...or even if it is where it was supposed to be originally, maybe it would have been adjusted if it were this way at launch...who knows?

Personally I don't find it 'harder', just slower and more tedious, so I'll run it less. As I get further into a DLC, normally I'd drop off on the solo/duo or the alert on daily runners, especially on alts. I can say 100% it will be the alert this DLC as it currently stands.
    • Like x 1
  6. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I did the calculations based on a YouTube video I found of a run before the hot fix. Increase in boss damage is about 150 million now. Bug thread here for up votes: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/chme-swamp-thing.329946/
    • Like x 2
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, but that falls under the typical 'herding cats' you run into in pug groups. Sure it would work, but you'd lose out on all that extra boss damage boost from releasing everything in the 1st second of the fight? Do you even DPS bro?:D
    • Like x 1
  8. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Hope that is rhetorical...lol. But, in case it wasn't: Of course, but it is situational. If I know there is damage that will be lacking with dispatching the ads quickly in that pod phase, I hold my henchmen, orbitals etc for that particular phase. There is a difference in DPSing through scoreboard chasing boss damage...and DPSing using a modicum of intellegence based upon when the situation requires it. Most DPS don't even do that...they just pew pew pew, living in their inventory, dropping EOG on the nearest DPS while being a braggart of how much damage they are doing, without once looking at the big picture.
    • Like x 1
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah...it was a joke. Just like trying to get the other random DPSs in a group to do things for fastest outcome vs 'most damage' generally is. Not that it can't be done, but most times...won't be.

Now....this 'in-tell-i-gence' you speak of?.....please explain. I have yet to run across it in pug groups.;)
    • Like x 1
  10. TabulaRasa Level 30

Oh I can definitely confirm they did something wrong with a chagne . We just ran it and he has hella lot more health for no reason. just fess up say oops we messed up and fix it please. We run the instance weekly and whoa was that different
  11. spikeat Well-Known Player

Whether players choose to run any of the versions (event, reg, elite), players are logging in the time spent in game and it's a win in their book.

I can understand the frustration players are having since it took them months to notice and fix the bug. As you've said, it could've played out differently had they caught the bug the first week of launch.

Thou giveth and thou taketh away.
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, but if the player who logs in for 15-30 min a day on non raid days, runs dailies and 1 piece of DLC content, they will likely choose the 10 min solo over the 15-30 min alert (there is a big swing in made vs pug and 2 dps vs 3....there is NO swing in the solo). Meaning they are going to lean more to the 15 min play time vs the 30. So net LOSS in player engagement on average if that's the case.
    • Like x 1
  13. spikeat Well-Known Player

If they are hard pressed on running CHM, can they not run CHMR in the allotted time?
  14. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I equate that with "harder" lol
    • Like x 1
  15. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Me neither...can we be friends?..:D
    • Like x 1
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Sure...if a group is building or they build one themselves. A pug group that might be 2 or 3 <410s or a four role setup? It will take about as long, so might as well shoot for Elite if you need the renown/extra mark.

Point of the issue is that DCUO has a habit of only knowing how to make runs 'harder' by either 1 shot mechanics or giving a boss stupid high health. That makes things repetitive and boring. This change is no exception.
  17. spikeat Well-Known Player

I agree with you there. I commented in a different thread on the topic. Hopefully we see some changes for future content.
    • Like x 1
  18. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I refuse to be herded meow. Unless I get a treat, then I’ll consider it. Better be a good treat. It can’t be just any treat. Purrr.
    • Like x 2
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'll just bring a laser pointer and spin it around on the wall to distract you for a bit....I'm fresh out of treats....*burp*.
    • Like x 2
  20. Miss Adora Loyal Player

It's not just Swamp Thing who got a health boost, so did the other bosses. It's just more noticeable in Swamp Thing. Swamp Thing fight, it feels like I'm watching paint dry.
    • Like x 1