Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Drake Malice Dedicated Player

There are literally 2 Deathstroke masks in the game already
  2. X13-KING Well-Known Player

Any chance of getting a demonic cloak that takes inspersion from the SABBAC(Black Adam Movie)?

[IMG]

I'm thinking a more ornate version of the Amazon Strategos back style with six or seven strips meant to symbolize ether the six arch-devils that empower SABBAC or the seven deadly sins. Adding some demonic bone spikes to it would also be cool.
    • Like x 2
  3. X13-KING Well-Known Player

Any chance of getting a slimline based on the New 52 Jay Garrick?

[IMG]

I also want is helmet to pair the the Speed Feet Style.
    • Like x 1
  4. Redsonn New Player

One thing I’m thinking is why the rewards from the wondrous time capsules haven’t been added to the booster gold vendor yet considering it’s been years since those were in the game and I’m pretty sure that the way it works is that once a time capsule is retired it gets added to booster gold’s vendor I have been trying to get the centaur hoof and nail clipper collection for years and have gone through 200+ wondrous time capsules and I’m still missing that 1 those time capsules were the first ones I did when I first made a character for the game but I have every part of the collection but that one and rarely ever do I come across people selling these time capsules and whenever I do I get all the ones I can and still end up with duplicates of everything but the 1 I need
  5. Redsonn New Player

I kinda would also like to see the torso from this style as well as the ones you suggested
    • Like x 1
  6. X13-KING Well-Known Player

I'm hoping for a three-piece set(head, chest, legs).
    • Like x 1
  7. Ambassador of Krypton Well-Known Player

I'd like a generic hoodie style with an emblem slot on it. Also, I'd like for the hoodie to have a more contemporary, modern shall we say, looking style. Maybe more skintight than the current one...
    [IMG]
  8. BlackGryphon Well-Known Player

After 12 years, has anybody thought to address the lopsided way that wings appear when flying. You'd think that, for a game based upon an artform, the publishers would take more pride in its appearance.
    • Like x 1
  9. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

People have been complaining for 12 years about the (Superman-Inspired) flying pose and how it doesn't look right if your character has wings, or a jetpack, things like that. The new Movement Styles could have been used to help solve that problem, but due to glitches with some of them, they've stopped making new Movement Styles for the time being. It's a shame, really, as it leaves many characters looking goofy when they're flying, but what can we do? I've given up my hope that it will be fixed sometime. I no longer expect it to ever happen. That way, if it ever actually does happen, it will come as a pleasant surprise! ;)
    • Like x 2
  10. Gemini2012 New Player

I would love to see the Black Adam costume and his emblem (the electric blue) as it is on his character available for use by us. And a better skirt for female toons. My toon is based on Mary Marvel when she joins Black Adam in the comics, and finding a skirt that I like is difficult/quite limited. And the emblems for females are so tiny in some instances. It would be nice if they were larger like they are for the males.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. BlackGryphon Well-Known Player

I'm a big fan of more costume choices.
    I'm gonna guess that the issue with the smaller emblems for female characters has to do with the distortion of the image when placed on an uneven surface; the emblem geometry would have to be a plate that wouldn't necessarily look like it was attached on all edges.
  12. CIDlord New Player

Styles are cool, i love'em and i save on armories.
    I got more than 15 armories, but sadly i only can have 4 active.
    This game really needs an armory wheel, just like emotes.
    Maybe then ppl will buy more armories ;)
    • Like x 1
  13. Grip Committed Player

A modern skates or rollerblades boot style with glowing wheels. Would go hard with the headphones and the bubble gum trinket on tap.
  14. BlackGryphon Well-Known Player

It doesn't seem to be a pose thing, as shown in this first pic of Journeyman's wings:

[IMG]

While what they're having us "settle for" are these wonky things (Glimmer wings), that were obviously built on a mistake that should have been fixed the first time it appeared.

[IMG]

@Daybreak, you had it right at one point.
    My suggestion is that you scrap the current model you're using as a base and start with the Journeyman wings coding for future wing designs. Reverse patching the existing game models would be a welcome bonus.
  15. X13-KING Well-Known Player

I'd like to get some high tech police style inspired by Hot Pursuit.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Like reactive shoulder-guards that flash red&blue lights when in combat and movement is active, a more tactical speedster slimline, and boots that all work in elements of the Cosmic Motorcycle. I think such style would look awesome with in-game style like Future Cop and Tech Pad.
    • Like x 1
  16. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I don't know if any of my characters have the Journeyman's Wings, very interesting.
    • Like x 1
  17. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

Ok look at this…
    [IMG]Untitled by Michael Kramer, on Flickr

ok now first, wipe the drool off your chin!
    second, pay attention to Ice!
    in this case the sunglasses resting up on her head over her hair.
    we’ve seen it with various sets of goggles on both male and female characters and I really think it could work either as a head piece or accessory (Picture them showing up sitting on the top of the character’s baseball cap visor)
  18. RipTide Level 30

I want to see a czarnian skin style, a joker skin style that has a joker smile, a Darkseid style, a Godspeed style, a Daniel West reverse flash style, future state justice league styles, a Superdoom style, a murder machine style, a Bizarro emblem, a Calvin Ellis Superman style, a Val Zod Superman style, a Nightwing bird emblem, a Robin R emblem, a Barbra Gordon batgirl cowl, new lantern themed slimlines that have an emblem slot, a Cassandra Cain batgirl cowl, a Tim Drake hair style, a Damian Wayne hair style, a Highfather style, an updated Deathstroke style, Jericho & Rose Wilson Ravager styles
    • Like x 1
  19. JeanGrey Active Player

I'm not sure why we don't have this yet but literally just a completely basic slimline chest and legs would be amazing. With just one color swatch with no detailing or anything. This would be amazing.

Also just basic heels! Normal heels would also be great. And new formal looks.
    • Like x 1
  20. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

So, the biggest problem with what you're asking for is that it would be remarkably BORING! BUT... there ARE Slimline Style Sets that are Character Creation Sets, that have been around since the game launched, that will fit the bill nicely when you make all the Color Slots the same color, specifically the Pyramid Slimline Set...

[IMG]

...and the Reverse Slimline Set:

[IMG]

You'll notice that both sets feature a Leg Style that's already all one color. The Reverse Slimline Chest has some visible "wrist cuffs", for lack of a better term, so you'll probably prefer the Pyramid Slimline Chest if you aren't giving your character a separate Hand Style.

To prove my point more clearly, some time ago, I set out to recreate a semi-famous superhero from the Silver Age of Comics... Dr. Solar, Man of the Atom, who has one of the single simplest superhero costumes in the history of the medium. A PERFECT character with which to demonstrate what I mean. I used the Pyramid Slimline Chest, Reverse Slimline Legs, Half Mask Head Style, Protection Goggles Face Style, and Square Buckle Belt, along with the Hazard Emblem. ALL are Character Creation Styles, available from Vendors in the Watchtower, Hall of Doom, and Hall of Legends. Here's the result:

[IMG]

Now, if you are overly bothered by the ever so slight variations in the "fabric texture" on different parts of the Chest Style, then I would suggest that you apply a Material such as the Shaded Comic Material, or the Wet Paint Material (which is much easier to come by, being available from a Seasonal Vendor when the appropriate Seasonal Content is active) and then you can give the whole costume the same exact texture. ;)

Now you know... AND KNOWING'S HALF THE BATTLE! :D