Thank You for removing gear repair!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ultimus Primus, Nov 21, 2023.

1. Ultimus Primus Well-Known Player

I CAN NOT thank you enough for removing the repair system!

It sickens me how badly repairing is imprinted into my brain. EVERYTIME, I get knocked out I run like mad to repair only to remember its gone, and I literally shout out loud YES!
    • Like x 13
  2. KidKretz Committed Player

i have def seen a lot of ppl chatting ingame about the same thing. the term "muscle memory" has also been thrown around ingame :)

great change for sure, thank you Devs!
    • Like x 3
  3. Eve YouTuber

LOL I always go to the vendor to repair. When I get to the vendor I actually get mad I wasted my time:D
    It's a good change and I am glad they did it, haha. Will take awhile to get used to it, like any change.
    • Like x 5
  4. Grip Committed Player

Agreed, and if I can hitchhike for a sec, thanks for Task Manager. I'm finding good use for it especially considering how economical it is. TYVM
    • Like x 3
  5. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Oh Noes!!!! :eek: :eek:

We cannot repair anymore!!! What are we supposed to do??? Replace our gear whenever it's Broken?? :confused: :confused:
    That will get expensive.

Unsubscribe!! :mad: :mad:

;) ;) ;)

But seriously.....

It will take a while to get used to this.
    I am one of those who still has the Reflex to try to repair. ;)

Been repairing for 12 years.... so it pretty much was a Reflex by now.

But someday... many years from now... we will be able to tell stories how wayyyyyy back when we had to walk 12 miles in the show to go repair our Broker gear. ;) ;)

Now that we no longer need to Repair.....
    time to ask for our next Quality of Life Update....

No More Rent for the Mainframe. ;) ;)
    • Like x 7
  6. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Yes, I have that reflex too lol

It was especially bad for me the other night on FF XIV as I didn’t go to the Mender for repairs. Needless to say when I remembered in that game I still needed repairs I was down to 74% across the board. That took some Gil to pay lol.
    • Like x 1
  7. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I’ve only played a few instances since the update haha but when I did the raid i stopped at the vendor before both boss fights and remembered haha
    • Like x 1
  8. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Double post extravaganza
    • Like x 1
  9. Emoney Dedicated Player

Luckily for me, I already pretty much killed the refex due to the oracle bot on all of my alts. Only my main had to repair, and I had the opposite problem of forgetting to repair that gear when it got broken. But now, it's alllllll gravy.
    • Like x 3
  10. Drake Malice Dedicated Player

And the economy continues to spiral unopposed… yay /s
  11. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

I never learned to repair after every wipe. In fact - I usually remembered to do it the moment a boss-fight started, I looked at my mini-map and noticed the red icon underneath, so i had to quickly swap in Oracle-Bot, at least on my one toon that has the ally leveled. I guess the lesson here is - if you refuse to learn for long enough, at some point the game will just give up. :)
    • Like x 3
  12. VariableFire Loyal Player

There was no way the piddly repair costs were draining enough money out of the economy to matter. All it did was create an admittedly low barrier for entry to new players. The people who throw around billion dollars like chump change never noticed it. Repair bots probably weren't even selling much either if you factor in Oracle and reflex repairing.
    • Like x 4
  13. Drake Malice Dedicated Player

1 is a higher number than 0
  14. Alushaun Well-Known Player

I'm ashamed with how clear this removal has made one of my many many maaany reflexes/addictions related to this game clear.
    I too immediately run to vendors to repair. Not sure how long this will take to fade away, but man is it a bit sobering to witness it.
    • Like x 4
  15. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

That's pretty much been my experience, too. I have Oracle-Bot on my mains and all my alts, so I'm used to not having to run for the repair vendor. There's been once or twice on one of my alts where I've swapped out Oracle and forgotten, then wondered what happened to my CR, because all my gear was broken. But, for the most part, I have Oracle-Bot equipped from the moment I'm able to do so.

Now with her new passive, she's going to stay equipped on my Mental toon, because her powers seem to be really power-hungry, and this means I can sometimes get another rotation in before I have to switch to weapons. :)
    • Like x 2
  16. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

When you have $100 000 000+........
    1 does not matter.... at all.

Heck even 100 does not matter. ;)
    • Like x 4
  17. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

1 is the loneliest number that you’ll ever do.
    2 can be as bad as 1
    It’s the loneliest number since the number 1.
    • Like x 2
  18. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

No issues for me. Had oracle equipped so I haven’t repaired gear at a vendor since allys came out.
    • Like x 1
  19. Dwild Well-Known Player

After playing this game pretty much non stop since it released, my fingertips react before my brain becomes engaged...showing up before a simulated soda machine only to see I can now only buy or sell..."Where's the repair!" followed by the "Memory Loss Engaged" moment.
    • Like x 2
  20. Dwild Well-Known Player

Poor Oracle might find herself home alone a lot from now on...repair was one of her best assets after the higher level allies showed up.
    • Like x 1