CHME Problems/glitch?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Cold Fusion, Nov 17, 2023.

1. Cold Fusion Well-Known Player

Ran it today after the update and Swampthings health pool or defence seems to have gone up quite a bit.
    It was already kinda a longer fight but now its way to long.

We run this everyday with the same people most the time and it definitely took longer to burn him.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I love the change they made to 2nd boss fight though. Tanks not getting ghosted is a nice change.
    • Like x 9
  2. VariableFire Loyal Player

Yeah, I noticed. Even a 3 DPS burn (all 420+) was taking forever. It didn't help that I swear his regenerated health was a lot higher too. Heck, my run fell apart because the DPS started blaming each other after all of them got tunnel vision trying to make the burn go faster.
  3. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Yep. It definitely felt like he was buffed for no reason (could it be that he is using elite+ stats?), he was already a "bullet sponge" beforehand, this is overkill.
    • Like x 2
  4. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Ran into other issues with some of the boss mechanics hitting harder than what was previously as well. Noticed the mirages in the Etrigen fight doing more damage if not taken out early. If the tank is somewhat under-geared, all it takes is just one of them being up close to one shot. Saw this happen to a 421 tank in a PUG run, but his arts were on the low end as well. Ran with similar tanks like that before the update with little to no issues. Skill issue...maybe, but certainly something I hadn't seen before in CHME popping a tank like that outside of the random no skull haymaker with Deadman, and Swamp Thing.

I am guessing that when they added elite plus, that they did a small buff to the bosses and their mechanics in the regular elite as well.
  5. Cold Fusion Well-Known Player

Ran it again today. I think you may be right. They may have given him E plus health or defence stats. It really wasn't very fun before. Now its annoyingly long and boring.

My people don't want to run it anymore now. It's not really worth all the extra time and annoyance.
    It's a shame. They fixed the second boss but broke the last boss. Hopefully they fix him soon.
    • Like x 1
  6. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Don't mind me, just cross-referencing.
  7. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Sure, the "restore to full health" contributes to the overall tedium. But it also does feel like Swamp Things's overall health and attack have been increased for no reason. The fight now takes more than 10 minutes, it's certainly became something I just don't wanna do daily anymore on multiple characters.
  8. VariableFire Loyal Player

The way it feels at the moment almost makes a healer required again, particularly if the DPS are running glass cannon builds, even if geared up (420+). Combined with the renown reward still not fixed and I've stopped running the Elite version entirely. As it stands, the only reason I was still running it was to hopefully have a better chance of getting Wonder Girl's bracers to drop.

I ran this several times before the change with 3 DPS/Tank, 2DPS/Tank/Healer, and all four roles. All four roles was slower but after the change felt like double the time and if the DPS is squishy or reckless don't bother, he'll get ko'd many many many times.
  9. Kestral Committed Player

The group was running this daily and you could get away with almost any configuration of the group in Elite. Now... we'll try for the feats at least but after that there is no reason to spend that long on the last boss. If it was Elite+ it would be understandable. I hope it turns out the original Elite got buffed in error.

At least I already finished my renown this week.
  10. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Key Note: "back to full health" when exiting seed pod...lol. :confused:
  11. Emoney Dedicated Player

As someone that runs this as a Tank and usually with 3 DPSs...

It's definitely more than just the pod giving him his health back. His defense seems way higher. And, the plants, when they grow, seem to do far more damage. Before this change I had no problems, didn't even come close to dying. Now, in the third phase, if those plants grow, it's considerably harder, and I come close to dying repeatedly.
    • Like x 1
  12. spikeat Well-Known Player

The last time I ran CHME was weeks ago and we were clearing it in 10 minutes with 3 dps and a tank.

I saw this thread and decided to run it to see what changed. I'm a few cr higher now, so I logged in and pugged it as a 426 dps in a 3 dps 1 tank group. I didn't notice much difference from the first 2 bosses, as they both died fairly quick. We only went through 1 phase of furniture dodging at Deadman. I did notice Swamp Thing had a bit more defense but nothing we couldn't handle. We cleared it in about 15 min and I came out top dps, but not by much.

Is the extra 5 min what all the fuss is about? I could've performed better if I were 430.
  13. VariableFire Loyal Player

There's always one forum goer who proclaims it is easy.
    • Like x 2
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Swamp thing def had more health, or healed more. Besides the fight just lasting a lot longer, a 2 DPS group we ended up at over 350M boss damage between the 2 of us...probably close to 400M with tank/heal added in....more than 1/2 of that was from the Swamp Thing fight. That's not usual.

I'd guess it's him healing a lot more than he was.
    • Like x 3
  15. spikeat Well-Known Player

Why would the group fall apart? There is only 1 mechanic at the last boss where the dps have to move.
  16. spikeat Well-Known Player

I was not aware the Wonder Girl's bracers drop in this alert. Although groups can run with a healer, why do you feel it's a must required now? None of the mechanics changed.

Why are the dps getting ko'd when the tank has aggro?
  17. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

If your numbers are accurate and my math is correct, that means the alert now takes 50% longer. A bit more, in fact, because the length of cutscenes did not change. It may be 5min difference in the case of a competent, well-geared 3 dps/1tank group, but for others the daily alert - that rewards the same amount of renown as the 5-10 min solo - could take over half an hour, even without wipes, which are more likely, when boss-fights take longer.
    • Like x 3
  18. spikeat Well-Known Player

Not all instances are created equally in this game. In the history of dc, alerts tend to be longer than raids.
    The additional minutes definitely came from Swamp thing. Either he had extra defense or an increased health pool. Devs could've retroactively adjust it to the intended settings. Or it could be used to keep players in the game longer. We don't know.

It doesn't matter to me whether they make it easier or more difficult at this point. Most players already have full renown but don't have enough marks to purchase elite gear. I'm waiting for 2x week to finish up my gear set.
  19. bboy-rei Well-Known Player

He probably means the Godling Wonderpunk hands style which can drop in any of the episode content.

The alert now can take longer than the raid on average, a handful of players I know would now rather run it on regular due to the changes.
    • Like x 3
  20. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Yes - we don't know. Which is probably why there's a question mark in the title of this thread. But if the difficulty/length of the alert was increased on purpose, one might expect a mention of this in the update notes.

*shrug* It matters even less to me, as I have 4 toons with CR430 at this point. But as someone, who plays as a villain on a less populated server and had to run Elite alert with all sorts of PUGs, I can appreciate, that a change like this can make a big difference to some players. Especially that a lot of more capable players are done with renown by now and have stopped running the Elite alert daily, opting for the new Elite Plus version, or just quick regular runs for marks instead.
    • Like x 4