Test Discussion GU139: Episode 46: Elite Plus

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Mepps, Nov 3, 2023.

1. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

"That instance has enough going on to make it challenging without rendering the lasso useless"

I sincerely apologize and will defer to your wealth of experience with Cursed Themyscira Elite Plus. But feel free to mention, merely out of context, not to me but for the viewers of this thread if you have even entered Elite Plus and reached the Hectate encounter. I fail to see how ones experience with the encounter would be not constructive and not relevant. That is an interesting take.

Guess what those players have in common? they've never run the raid. lllStrichcodelll was in the raid

Or did you happen to miss his example too? Funny a consumable item was being used to break objects which was working as intended but was changed because of bypassing the intended raid mechanic.
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  2. Emoney Dedicated Player

We don't have to run it, as we pointed out, it's the same mechanic in all versions. But suddenly, because it's elite plus, you decided only one way should be appropriate to beat it. Yet you won't acknowledge that swapping artifacts in general also makes the entire raid easier, not just this one boss.

But, you think the devs will nerf this one artifact instead of changing all the other ones you and your friends swap in and out to make everything easier. That's the issue I have with your whole take here. The kicker, people are using Lasso the way it was intended to actually group adds, versus the other ones that yall swap to avoid the mechanics of the artifacts or to stack buffs.

Then, ya wanna say we aren't on test so we don't get to criticize your outlandish take and your attempt to manipulate live content for your benefit as usual....naw dude, take a step off of that horse.
    • Like x 4
  3. Spood Boost Well-Known Player

You've lost the argument and you know it, that's why you're now engaging in this type of petty response. I don't even need to run the raid to be able to read ObsidianChill, for your benefit;

[IMG]

Recommended for: Tank, not restricted to Tank.

Tethered non-boss target will be stunned and dragged towards you for 5 seconds, additionally Lasso will seek out 2 additional non-boss targets and drag them towards your tethered target.

Lasso of Truth will constantly seek out up to 7 additional non-boss targets and drag them towards your tethered target.

The Ghosts are non-boss targets and the artifact is working as clearly described, clearly designed and clearly intended, you don't get to just call something cheese, call it an exploit, then demand content be changed to render it useless and then come up with this ridiculous notion all other feedback is irrelevant and must be ignored. You really do have to rein yourself in a little, you're not a developer, please remember you're a player.
    • Like x 4
  4. Emoney Dedicated Player

There's quite a big difference between soders purchased with ingame currency versus an artifact advertised to do a function that people could have paid real money to achieve.

On top of that, those colas were used by everyone in the group to bypass the mechanic, versus this artifact being used to achieve the mechanic. Let's be clear here, you only object to someone other than a tank doing the mechanic, but if a tank uses the artifact it's A OK. which means its not an issue with the artifact, its your opinion on who should do the mechanic.

If that artifact somehow made the ghosts disappear, or made the tank invulnerable to the effect of the ghosts getting to the boss, itd be a fair comparison....but nothing here is bypassing the mechanic.
    • Like x 4
  5. Spood Boost Well-Known Player

It's actually a completely incorrect and false comparison, it's either a deliberate or accidental deflection. If you read the tool tip for these sodas in game it says the following;

[IMG]

"Excites your molecules for a short time causing some nearby objects to explode"

The word "Some", makes the clear distinction that it is only "some nearby objects" not "all or any nearby objects".

it stands to perfect reason to therefore conclude that they could justify entirely excluding the jail cells from the use of this soda while not doing anything to alter its clearly described intended use as the players would understand it from the language used.

They might be disappointed at the change to it exploding the jail cells, but they can't really argue against it from a tool tip or intended purpose perspective.

So it's not even a proper comparison. Fake comparison is Fake. :)
    • Like x 4
  6. Wanning Comet Committed Player

I really should stay out of this, but, back in the day in FoS2 when the bridge was still difficult, you could use a controller with flight to help pull the adds.

Low Pressure was a aoe linear pull, probably still is and anyone with a dom check could use it when it needed. When I was fire I would use it at times because back then because fire had to use a movement pull if it wanted a linear pull. Many groups would use multiple tanks for the bridge, some would use both tanks and controllers, sometimes it was the troll that would do the majority of the pulling. Some groups would just pull the adds away from the pillar until they were burnt down, some ran the cheese of pulling them off the bridge completely.

I haven't been flight for a long time so I don't know if Low Pressure still functions like it did but it was an aoe linear pull that anyone with the dom check could use to mass pull regardless of what tank or troll powerset they were.

Side note: my personal opinion on trolls is that they were always designed to be support dps, they bring debuffs and provide power to speed up the content and they can CC specific adds to helps the group. I think the intended role for trolls is often at odds with what the community wants to use them for but I think the recent changes to certain troll arts and the addition of the brand of Hecate indicate that the devs want to lean into the troll being more of a support dps as they are letting the troll do damage and give power by using their debuffs.
    • Like x 1
  7. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Would you like to share where the other DCUO artifacts mention specifically in their description that effects are not intended to last if swapped off? Players seem to take issue with that and call it "not working as intended" and exploits but could you share an example of an artifact where the descriptions states otherwise?

You can't because it's not there. If you want to solely base your argument based on what an artifact says it does as "clearly working as intended" then how can you be completely hypocritical about how the other artifacts work based on their descriptions?
  8. appocolyps Committed Player

Im speechless, so lets get this straight, you are of the opinion that any role other than tank using Lasso artifact is "cheese" and you speak vehemently in approval of artifact swapping and that is not "cheese". Im done.

Ladies and gentlemen as i predicted over 2 years ago with guys like Obsidian testing our content with his groups full of the "cheesiest" and most hardcore tac swappers the game has to offer, im afraid its a lost cause.

His opinion on this is evident, he cares not for the community but only himself, he wants to push the boundaries based on a group "cheesing" every aspect of the game.

Hint: Lock our artis in combat and the troll/heal/dd "cheesing" lasso may think twice before slotting it.
    • Like x 3
  9. Spood Boost Well-Known Player

This has nothing to do with what I've explained to you. The lasso has a very clear tool tip about what it does do and we're talking about what it does do. it tethers non-boss adds, which is what these ghosts are.

You're trying to alter content in a way that alters the artifacts tool tip without notice, instruction or clarification to the user. A better solution is required, not one that makes the ghosts immune.
    • Like x 2
  10. Odin EU Level 30

So to mention first, to have people aware. I have not been part of CTE+ runs as I decided to not partake in it. As I do not wish to experience it yet with a test toon that rubber bands. I would rather do it live on my main. With that out of the way, I will propose a suggestion for an optional increased difficulty in the 2nd bossfight. As usual, any opinion is fine and the basic idea is just give suggestion/s that I hope inspires constructive feedback and improvement for the raid. Regardless if that feedback supports my suggestion or not.

So the suggestion would be to add “obstacle/s” to the speed phase. As of now, I don’t think it could be possible. But if the speed phase was extended bt adding more bubbles during the circle running duration I believe it could be implemented.

One suggestion I have is to give Hecate the 360 laser Ultra-Man has. Where Hecate performs it twice at the torso level of a charcter or either one at the torso level and one perhaps at the foot/leg level as two different attack versions. These attacks would happen when the bubbles are out and people would have to dodge it to not suffer a 1 shot while moving forward. Suggestion for dodging mechanics would be to add new moves into the ghost loadout. As it by its nature is based on arco you could give it 1 super jump, and perhaps 1 free pass ticket like phase dodge maybe to clear the stage. With a rule that each move can only be used once during each speed phase.

Another suggestion would be to have the water bubbles change direction a few times during the speed phase to increase difficulty.

Both of these suggestions would go hand in hand with the hardcore parkour feat and perhaps justify an e+ version of the feat more (aside from making all water attacks count)? Especially if the first suggestion with the phase dodge move was designed to register the hit from the attack. That would introduce the opportunity of a new challenge difficulty when doing the feat. As then you only would have the super jump and it would be necessary to do something special/specific to dodge the other beam. Such as in panoe you can dodge Ultra Man’s laser by jumping ontop of a group member encased in ice. So having for instance a limited amount of ice cubes spawn acting as obstacles but also as safe heavens to dodge the laser could prove to be fun.

Disclaimer: I myself enjoy the speed mechanic, hence my suggestion is around that. I don’t even know if the suggestions are feasible to implement. But if they were to come through, it could prove to be fun. However, as all know, fun is subjective and these suggestions could be a horror to others or make others feel like they are not playing dcuo. So feel free to say a pass, support it as you please or come with your own suggestion for the raid. It’s entertaining and fun to read stuff associated with what people feel passionate about.

Take care.
  11. Henoshock Well-Known Player

"Controlled Burning" feat isn't working in the alert.

Overall I would say the raid/alert seem fine. I don't like the add-heavy design of second boss in the raid (almost impossible with a certain artifact), but I'm fine with the other mechanics. Bosses in the alert have a lot of health. Raid seems okay, the add phases slow down a lot of the actual burn.
  12. La Petaa New Player

la proeza del primer boss de la alerta elite plus esta bug porque no salta, los bosses en general tienen mucha vida
  13. Bubbla Active Player

Raids pretty solid no real issue with any of the mechs. I will say the elite alert last boss needs some love. Several of the mechs overlap in extremely non-preventable ways. Like the pull and change. If the pull had a que and you could prevent it with a group breakout that would help