I love DCUO so can you remove the stat clamp already?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by llllDeathstroke, Aug 21, 2022.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ooooo. Like Voldemort?
    • Like x 1
  2. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Well... This was a fun round.

Got the same "YEW JESS WANT IT EEZEE FEATS.... YEW KANT GIT EM DAT WAY... unless you maybe buy them in the future..."

....and met a few new empty-headed "Tell them, Steve Dave!"s...

This was fun...

Until the next time somebody decides to resurrect this monster...

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  3. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Sorry... I gotta bump this thread... as I had to look up who this guy is... and why he was talking about me in the other thread.

This is it.

Laughable.

:rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  4. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. Sollace Well-Known Player

I'd like to understand the concept behind DCUO evolution, but it's hard to do, because if you look at it a bit more closely, they've allowed us to boost our character using adaptive augmentations and DLC augmentations, only to deprive us of power some time later, which apparently, according to the devs' reasoning, isn't really useful to us, because we're now subject to a power limitation system with "stat clamp" that the community really dislikes. So why allow us to have more power and at the same time deprive us of it? Of course, on top of that, we get a boost with artefacts. This way of developing the game really doesn't make sense...
    • Like x 17
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

[IMG]
    I'm so anxious to see what is said!
    • Like x 10
  7. Alushaun Well-Known Player

...and if it does make sense, it certainly doesn't feel like it.
    • Like x 6
  8. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

They use the mysterious "stat-piercing" as justification in that the power boost we get from adaptive augments and artifacts, ect., will "pierce" through, whatever that means. I still fail to understand this concept as no one has explained to me the exact percentage the stat piercing uses or if it is variable base on the tier level of EEG you are participating in. I associate it with the "creative accounting" some companies use to hide taxable revenue, no one really knows the correct answer except for the programmer who wrote the actual stat piercing code.

To me, the benefits, if I can use that adjective to describe stat piercing, are only nominal at best in my experience.

I don't try to understand it anymore, I don't waste my time trying to get anything to max level as soon as possible anymore, and the clamp does not affect me as I don't play clamped content. This weekend I have finally leveled my OP chest piece from Shock to the System to 40. I'm just not motivated to excel any more because like you said, we are only going to be deprived of our power at some later time.
    • Like x 10
  9. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

$$$.
    To "sell" our stats back to us, duh ;p

Even if that wasn't the vocal "intent", it sure as poop became it lol XD
    • Like x 11
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You’re either overlooking key information on the clamp on purpose or don’t actually understand how the clamp works.

The clamp only takes place in EEG. That is the 4th oldest dlc and anything before that. At that point the augments and any other enhancement is meaningless as you burn through things with gear alone. The is even more true the older the dlc gets. This has lead to many problems with the game/system. So to combat that the clamp will make it harder to our gear stuff in order to lower the problematic issues that were occurring.

As much as the anticlamp community wants to cry about “selling stats” back. That is just utter BS as the only system that was implemented post clamp were which don’t actually give base stats at all. All stat buffing elements were already in place prior to the clamp.
    • Like x 2
  11. Drake Malice Dedicated Player

“That the community really dislikes”. Can you prove that? Just because a small number of very loud people don’t like it doesn’t mean the community doesn’t. I love the stat clamp and have yet to hear any negative points that can’t be boiled down to “I’m lazy and don’t want to play the game”
    • Like x 2
  12. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Can you prove that? Just because a small number of very loud people who like it doesn't mean the community does also.

As you can see proof either way is irrelevant. The clamp is here to stay for the foreseeable future. Either play clamped content or do not play clamped content.

One should try to enjoy the game as best as one can.

I dislike the clamp, so I avoid it, and I am so much the more happier for it. I stay in relevant current content and with the new Justice League Dark CURSED, I find myself engrossed in it for hours sometimes. The negative point the of the clamp for me is it has demotivated me to excel at getting the max stats out of my artifacts / augments / OP gear. I just play at a slower pace now since I no longer have a reason to care.
    • Like x 7
  13. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

You need those extra stats for the content when it's current and players are under-geared. Once your CR is high enough and you know the mechanics - you don't need the episode-specific augments and most players run EEG content without those bonuses, unless attempting some particularly difficult Elite feats. Still, you get substantial benefit from all that stuff, even when clamped, due to stat piercing and percentage based buffs - even though those benefits may not be enough to turn bad players into gods, like what used to happen before the clamp was introduced.

It makes perfect sense to give players things to do, like leveling augments and artifacts, in order to keep them playing for longer. It makes sense to provide more beneficial gear and items than is strictly necessary, so that less skilled players have something to make the content a bit easier for them. A bit easier, mind you, not broken, which is what many would prefer. It also makes sense to not allow the content to become trivial and/or broken, once player stats grow to the levels 10-100x higher than the content was designed for.
  14. kallader Committed Player

Kinda surprise no one did petition to try to remove clamp yet
    • Like x 2
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Hey! Someone should ask for that.;)
    • Like x 3
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

3 solos a week for the loot box is still a good quick loot grab, if you know what runs to pass on (Looking at you Catwoman mission and Lair of the Spectre). A 3 or 4 person premade group in the alert is also fine. 'Avoid it'...sure. 'Be selective about it'...better, you can always walk out of a garbage run...it's easy, the door is right there.
    • Like x 2
  17. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

More anecdotal feedback from the pro clamp camp.

Love it, I think it's saved the game.
    [IMG]
  18. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I agree, what you say is very true, but I would rather do without it. I hate the clamp that much. For me, to participate in any clamped content would be like condoning the insult, the affront the devs did to me, to us. They took something I worked hard for and made it worthless. What they did to me diminished my enjoyment of the game. I cannot participate in good conscience in any EEG content. If my sister drags me into it that is one thing, but I will not voluntarily play clamped content.
    • Like x 5
  19. Sollace Well-Known Player

What I deplore with this clamp that serves no purpose and does not solve the problem that always favors the players "precision" for the endgame and especially the elite content and always the same favored powers and always the same powers that will be stigmatized...
    • Like x 3
  20. CrYsiS44 Well-Known Player

So… here’s the real reason behind the clamp.

They realised back during the “god mode” days - if players could just go around annihilating everything (you couldn’t “god mode” at level or the level before) that… those players would spend time farming sp. And if you have players farming sp more than they are at EG content, (where they’re meant to be ‘paying for replays etc) those players would just keep farming, and helping others farm. Replays sales etc would plummet!

“God mode” was around for a good few years. And whilst it did cause a few glitches from steamrolling. (The state the game is in now is way worse than during the unclamped version) In general… it was a fantastic way to run content for feats. And just to help or be helped on general.
    Compared to now: content was absolutely thriving! People at level would constantly ask higher cr’s to help in lower content. (Please bear in mind! Not all high CR’s coukd come in and clear a raid. You actually did need reasonable stats too) They’d come in and burn everything, everyone would get feats, move on to the next area, rinse and repeat. People were playing the game and not a soul did I ever once see complain of getting feats. Not one single time! Some people did ask not to burn if they were trying feats that needed a specific action, and burning would destroy the feat chance. Most times if people did ask… the higher cr would usually be ok with that.

Then…Someone obviously realised this, and thought… hang on! They’re just paying for subs and replays the odd time. How can we force these people back T o where we want them? (EG) I know! Someone exclaimed with enthusiasm. We’ll clamp their stats, and make the older content almost identical to how it was when they first played it. HAZZZAA! Someone replied! AND… we’ll say that it’s for the benefit of the game as a whole. And new players will learn mechanics, they’ll get the satisfaction of a well earned 2 hour raid for a 25p feat. And they’ll all congratulate each other on how GG it was.

Meanwhile… the more “OP” players will stop helping, because they won’t want the hassle.
    They’ll stay at endgame, Bored! And what do bored players do? They log off! (No! I’m jk!) they go and make more alts. What do alts bring? That’s right! The possibility that they’ll turn it into a main, and pump the replays into it (and now money for allies and augs and arts, Jesus! Don’t forget the 19 arts you need not to be a scrub now)

Stat revamp: stat clamp: etc… it was designed to make you stay away from older content; so you’d be bored enough, that you’d still wanna stay online, but not touch the old stuff, and idle hands and minds are 100% more prone to impulsive purchases, than someone “playing the game” occupied in doing whatever they’re doing. The clamp did work! Too well! Ppl stopped running content, they realised that after all that grinding to get the car up, they could go back and burn everything, and it was taken away!) many got so angry, they left. Many just played less, or stopped playing old content altogether. As this went on, they had to open the game as free, because more and more left. WHY DO PPL LEAVE GAMES THEY ENJOY?! the do so because they’ve become upset with how things have changed. We all get that change needs to happen. But now… it’s absolutely happened for the worse. And instead of admitting it and holding their hands up, that the game is only being kept afloat by a dedicated select who pump money into it. They refuse, and monetise it more, and cause MORE to leave. And the cycle continues until only 50 ppl are left calling each other noobs.

It’s never been about balance (power sets show that, and they always have) it’s never been about new players, they learn almost nothing, as they’re rushed from 0-30 to 30-375 is it? With a minuscule amount of sp, absolutely no clue what they’re doing, and bombarded with “ways to get stronger” here! Buy these; they’ll make up for your lack of experience and sp.

What do you do about the clamp? Well!… you can absolutely test their resolve. And you do so with your money. You do start a petition (not on the forums) we’re the average user only frequents occasionally (or doesn’t even know they exist) NO! You start it on Reddit, Twitter etc. and you have the people genuinely pledge that they will withhold spending until the clamp is lifted. Give their toons names, and legit pledge. (You’ll never know if they’ll keep their end or not) but if they do… change will happen! DI will hold out obviously! But… as they hold out, they lose! You lose nothing but not paying. You actually only lose the ability to lose money lol!

If you want change; you have to force it. As it stands… this game is absolutely 100% losing players. Anyone suggesting otherwise, just add them to ignore. You’ll never convince them. And why would it matter if you did anyway?
    This game is in one very sorry state! (From a player perspective) and when you can’t even get in a raid, nor get people to reply on LFG for almost “THREE MONTHS”!to run specific raids - or to do specific feats (because ppl simply cba, or there just aren’t the players to do them) you know the game is on its death bed.

Raids now last FAR LESS than a t2 alert. LOL! Jesus… they are shorter than some duo’s. Your content has been stripped to the bare minimum to passify you for another 6 months. Shiny new mats and emotes have replaced substance, and buyers remorse is immediate for the many. You’ve been told that the game will basically stay as is from now on. And they say it with such confidence too. Because they know that many are addicted, and won’t walk. And that’s only something you can choose.

People absolutely can band together and demand change. And if it doesn’t come - withdraw your support. Your money and time are already wasted as it stands. As soon as the money left your bank on this game, it was wasted. At the end of another day, it was wasted! (And I mean wasted as in, if they shut shop tomorrow, you’d have nothing to show for it) not that you weren’t online “accomplishing things etc. but yeah! Vote with your wallets. DEMAND the change you want, and stop allowing others to turn you quest for the removal of the clamp into a back and forth. Don’t argue with “pro clampers” if they have nothing you wanna hear. Ignore them! DCUO is most certainly not its 13 forum users, quite a few of whom, admit to no longer even playing the game. Why would you even argue with them? lol! Say your piece - state your wants, and have others sign the petition. And make an absolute pact with as many as possible to withdraw all funds if the majority vote doesn’t get what it wants. You are the ones with the power after all! (Ik! That was cringe af lol! But it’s true!)
    • Like x 12