Qol Updates Requests For Bases

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Sep 22, 2023.

1. Eve YouTuber

Haya everyone and Devs. Since we are getting a little QOL update with Episode 46:

I'd like to note a few more things the decorators would like to have. Feel free to chime in on this thread if decorating is your thing, and if you have something to add:
    • We need a new UI for the bases lists on the teleporter. Seperating them by location maybe (Gotham City, Metropolis or HoL) could help or really just have a easier access to visit friends bases.
    • Increase the 700 base items limit to 800
    • Increase League Halls base items limits
    • Put items like Sunstone flooring\celling on Cheetah.
    • Elite base items be put on Cheetah aswell for 25 Source marks and headline has to be unlocked for it.
    This is what I have in mind so far, but please chime in with your suggestions. :)
    *P.S This is not for asking for new Base Items, there is a official thread for it. Keep it to QoL stuff.*
    • Like x 13
  2. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I want a house of mystery lair.
    • Like x 9
  3. Gravedigger Active Player

For that first 1, Id prefer it just be alphabetical. Separating it to city will just make it more confusing when u have hundreds u can enter & no idea who lives where anyways if you are teleporting.

-base blueprinting. Similar to Fallout, being able to blueprint what u have, destroy base, build another base, & if you want your previous base back up again, u just load your blueprint (it will notify you not all items can be placed, if u distributed an item elsewhere since blueprinting)

-i made a thread on this once, but ill include it here: Base Filters: ability to add a special graphic filter to your base, (such as Black/White for old timey bases, & darkness for a base to be completely dark except the light producing base items you add to it)

-Ability to freely place amenities

-ability to remove the support beams

-base themes for source marks on a per character basis like Allies. Basically being able to buy a base theme for 1 character instead of the entire account, the same choice u can make with allies
    • Like x 5
  4. Eve YouTuber

I like these ideas. I hope these are things they can discuss and take into consideration we want. They could also sell them for Destiny tokens on Doctor Fate (The lairs)

We need a new base theme in general so I'm all for it :D
    • Like x 1
  5. Achikah All About That Base

• Start allowing older furniture to stack to 99.
    • Overall base item increase to 800
    • Manor/HOL Base item increase to 1000.
    • Solos/Duos/Alerts have a guaranteed furniture drop option per boss similar to Raids or the Raising Hades Duo.
    • Year round Seasonal Vendor in the HoL.
    • Add older DLC furniture to Cheetah similar to the recent DLCs or allow for her to have Large Base Item Boxes for DLCs prior to Episode 26 (Boxes for Ep 10-13, Ep 14, Ep 15-17, 18-20, 21-23, and 24-26.)
    • Add the remaining Stabilizer Event only furniture to Cheetah (Palatial Bath, Mummy Exam Tables, Classy Bars, etc.)
    • Jukebox amenity for changing the music for your base via the in-game soundtrack.
    • Pre-Metal Pt II Investigations/Briefings/Collection furniture rewards added to Cheetah.
    • Reduce the Amazon Fury Large Base Item Box from 64 Source Marks to 50.
    • Additional base entrances and exits added to DLC open worlds.
    • Elite furniture drops added to Cheetah for high Source Mark costs, similar to Chang Tzu's Tier Pets.
    • Addition of new Elite Furniture to old EEG elite content.
    • Quick option to consume more than one piece of furniture in a stack.
    • Love for League Halls
    1. More decorating spots
    2. More League Hall themes
    3. Broker, personal bank, and league member base teleporter amenities added.

As a pipe dream, my number one quality of life on this game would be an Account Bound Furniture Pool, across all alts, for consumed furniture.
    • Like x 6
  6. TeeVolt Well-Known Player

I'd like to be able to place x amount of items. There are many times that I know I am going to use 15-20 of the same item, I'd love to drop them all at once and then be able to place them. If that is not possible then perhaps a return to last item option?
    • Like x 3
  7. TeeVolt Well-Known Player

This would also be my number one
    • Like x 4
  8. Eve YouTuber

Some great ideas here. Our crafting master strikes again :D

That would be a nice feature. But I think with the new search options for episode\seasonal\MP items we should be able to get back quickly to where we left. :)
    • Like x 3
  9. Grip Committed Player

I like all these ideas :) Not sure how possible it would be, but it would be cool to have a massive "undo since last save" (exit from dec mode) or "revert 20 mins" options for that random misplaced but stuck item or when the artist wants to bail on a 50 stacked items concept quickly without emptying the base.

Is the gen mod organization structure standard? I haven't base-hopped in a few months, but my Bases & League halls seem to be organized by Metropolis and Gotham locations (though they lack the headings). I'd need to have another look when it comes to HoL. If it's random luck or unintended, I wanna keep it, and I definitely hope everyone else can get that setup, too.

Sidenote: I share the group pipe dream
    • Like x 2
  10. Knight Racer Well-Known Player

I like the increase base item limit to 800, freely place amenities wherever we want ideas. I would also like the ability to edit the lighting angle on items we place within the base edit user interface. So many items are in the dark based on what side of the room we place it.
    • Like x 3
  11. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Pressing the D-Pad in a direction will rotate the item by 1 degree. No more flicking the thumbstick and praying it's aligned...
    • Like x 4
  12. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

If it's possible tech-wise, I really wish we could place small items on top of things. There's literally empty bookshelves as base items and tons of tables but I have to put my ancient tomes and gingerbread houses on the floor LMFAO. IDK if this isn't an option for tech limitations, though, may not be doable, I have no idea.
    • Like x 5
  13. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Oh man, I couldn't agree more on the support beams. I still can't quite hide them entirely in my cemetery set even after placing like 100 branches....
    • Like x 2
  14. Eve YouTuber

That is the dream!!!! Or maybe make them float in the first place so we can fake-place them!
    • Like x 2
  15. Aren Sul Committed Player

All the suggestions here look great, so I won't repeat them.

The 3 additions I have is:

1. I'd like for the decorating collisions / locations to be consistent across lair types. Two examples:
    • Placing items (e.g. art/posters) on columns. Some lairs allow them, some don't, and some give you a green mark (allowed) but don't work.
    • Wall molding collisions. Some lairs (like the gothic and tech lairs) have large moldings with seemingly broad collisions which prevent you from placing wall items that easily hang in the same spot in other lairs.
    2. Resize amenities so they have the same consistent collision sizes across lair styles. For instance, in some lairs I can fit the research table or transporter in a specific alcove location, but can't do that in the same location of another lair style (of same lair size type).
    3. Allow an option to turn off lair amenity sounds. Some of them get really annoying after a while. The Eastern Lair theme (on my PC) seems much louder than my other lair theme sounds and after a few minutes (say, when I'm trying to organize my bank), I've got to mute my speakers.
    • Like x 4
  16. Eve YouTuber

Great ideas here. Omg I would love to turn lair amenity sounds off - I prefer listening to the music and not that ear-killing sound lol
    • Like x 3
  17. Eve YouTuber

Another suggestion is adding a vendor smiliar to Cheetah but within the League Hall that only sells League Hall (Big) Base Items. It's long overdue. :)
    • Like x 4
  18. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Absolutely. I want to be able to place my mail terminal and bank side-by-side in an alcove, and maybe have the R&D table nearby, as well.

This, a thousand times this! Or just don't have them at all, since there are so many pillars available as base items, so if we want to have a pillar there, we can place it ourselves.

Yes, please. The teleporter is especially annoying, as it's easily louder and more unpleasant-sounding than any other thing in the base.
    • Like x 3
  19. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

In several of my bases, it's those "A Christmas Story" lamps from the holiday event. Table lamps should be on tables, not the floor. And in one base it's pizza boxes and take-out containers; the coffee table is conspicuously pizza box-free, and the dining table is completely devoid of take-out containers.
    • Like x 4
  20. Knight Racer Well-Known Player

For visiting friends bases, can you please make it so that you can alphabetize the list in the teleporter based on their friend's character name then, - " base name here".

A very long time ago, it used to be that if you had a friend in your team, you can visit their base, whoever is leader of that team? can you restore that function instead of having to go through base tracking, put a dot in a base name and then hit update, because some people don't know how to do that or their permissions list is too long.
    • Like x 2