I'll Be The One To Say It, But Wonder Girls New Face..

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Dianatique, Sep 18, 2023.

1. Dianatique Well-Known Player

Looks ugly.

Plain and simple, it looks really strange, like someone tore a barbies head off, and put it on another body.
    Was she given the Wonder woman face style? cause they both look like they got a shovel to their face.

And the outfit is a big meh for me, I know it's suppose to be a Rebirth, but give her a more iconic look than...that, her current (with the jeans) are more cooler than the one that is being given to her now imo.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You literally have a face made for vtubing. Stop.
  3. Dianatique Well-Known Player

I do? Where?
    Also learn to handle criticism sweetie, no need to get so defensive.
  4. Critical Massacre Committed Player

She’s giving off serious Neanderthal vibes with that brow, and how many layers of clothes does she need. She has got to be hot in all those layers.
  5. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Fun detail: if it made it into the game, chances are VERY good that DC approved of it.

Doesn't mean you have to like it, but if the holders of the IP didn't have a problem with it, it may just be a "get over it" kind of situation.
    • Like x 1
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

They also probably approved of everything that went into much of their movies and TV shows that have failed left and right...so...if by 'get over it' you mean 'disregard it' that might not pan out so well for those same IP holders.

But yeah...she's kind of got a 'I just went a few rounds with Mike Tyson in his prime' look now.
    • Like x 5
  7. inferno Loyal Player

I'm not a fan of how she now looks but I'm ok with it. Gives her a unique, individual look; both in costume and physical traits.
    • Like x 1
  8. Irvynnge Loyal Player

this. not everyone has to be a supermodel.
    • Like x 1
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You have publicly criticized just about every female NPC they've put out. They're not going to change them. Cope.
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

That might be a bit of a stretch, as the decision-makers behind movies and TV (most of those projects being ones I have pretty much disregarded, just search for my criticisms of the DCEU in the Funhouse LOL) may not be the ones who the devs have to get approval from for the game.

But my point still stands. We don't have to like it, but at the end of the day DC gets to make the call. If they approve of it, the whole thing kind of becomes a "get over it" situation.

There's also the detail that it seems like only the female characters get singled out like this and the possible can of worms that could be opened in exploring that, but that's a whole other sidetrack that the thread really doesn't need.
  11. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

Wow!!! Now in the top 3 of wtf did you do that to beautiful character charts. now sitting right next to wonderman
  12. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

We all know the reasoning behind that, and it makes me so mad as a female gamer.

• Like x 2
  13. Dianatique Well-Known Player

And you completely lost your common sense and logic with that comment.
    This forum is for people with opinions or feedback, or discussion, that's just how it is.
    instead you decided to attack me personally cause I thought a NPC character in a video game looked ugly.

I mean, how detached from reality are you really to make sucha comment based on a petty opinion such as mine?
    • Like x 1
  14. Dianatique Well-Known Player

And who said she has to look like a supermodel? most supermodels out there looks ugly anyways.
    But the wondergirl face? that's the cause of a game developer not really knowíng how to shape an attractive female face and make it look like it's part of the body.
    Her model reminds me when I press 'Randomize' on my Sims 4 character.
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Imagine calling others nerds while being on comic book game forums lol

Highly doubt it has anything to with so called insecurities. Seems more like you’re projecting xD
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Right but you think they're all ugly... How detached from reality are you to assume anyone here gives a damn about your shallow opinions? Try this next time you see Wonder Girl: close your eyes. See if that works.
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well, to be fair, she would be a very handsome male character....Strong jaw, dark brooding eyes, pronounced cheekbones...caveman like forehead (well...that last one might not work for either sex).

And for the record, John Constantine and Shazam have comically large hands in the JLD cutscenes for the most part...and well Shazam just looks silly through the entire episode.
    • Like x 1
  18. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

I think this is a good video:

Essentially, the character was made average as the joke. The guy character is talking about heroes as amazing and super hot and then it shows just some woman because it's juxtaposition to be funny. Other games in the series also have character customization so I'm sure this one will, too, so it likely also serves to show that your character can be all sorts of things beyond just the standard super hot godly figure if you want. Showing you can be an everyman if that's what you choose to make. It's not that games are making all women ugly now, don't fall for the gamergaters' sexist BS. Just there's starting to be more VARIETY in female characters just as there is in male characters. Nobody looks at Frank from Dead Rising and claims they're trying to make all men ugly. That's just how THAT CHARACTER looks. And not to sound cheesy, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What one person thinks is ugly may not be the same as what another person thinks is ugly. I think Cassie looks fine and the example pic is honestly unfair as there's harsh shadows. Besides.... how would actual people who look like these characters feel to see this talk? The fact that people react like this to any female character that doesn't look like Scarlet Johanson and whine about them being "ugly" is actually pretty gross and sexist. Like women aren't allowed to be anything but perfect male gaze fodder. THAT'S the sexism and anti-womanness. Just like not every man looks like Chris Evans, not every woman looks like ScarJo. Just like not every male character looks like Frank in Dead Rising nor does every male character look like Alucard, not every female character looks like Lady D from Resident Evil nor does every female character look like this hero in the ad.

Also, to the person saying she "looks autistic".... not only is that very unnecessary, but it's also nonsense. Autism doesn't have a "look" like Down Syndrome does. It's not a thing. We can look like anything and saying someone looks autistic makes as much sense as saying they look gay. No need to bring ableism into this.
    • Like x 1
  19. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Wow, that vid. It started off ok, got a bit iffy with some gender bias, then went off the deep end with it and threw in some anti-trans for flavor. I don't know this person's vids, do they always sign off with "read your bible?"
    • Like x 2
  20. Jaelia Committed Player

Honestly I agree her face and the outfit seem like they made her more childish like she’s a younger wonder girl not more womanly. The outfit seems more tomboy skirt kilt. :(