[idea] Powerset Animation Packs

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Iconic Simulation, Aug 31, 2023.

1. The Anxient Loyal Player

Blue Fire
    Purple Quantum
    Black Mental
    Rage could be reskinned to lava
    Munitions guns could be changed to guns from any era (muskets, cannons, futuristic blasters, etc)
    Reskinning light to the other corps is low hanging fruit and will probably sell like crazy if DC was to allow it.
    Blue Electricity
    As said before green Atomic
    Ice could be metal or magnetism
    That's all I got right now
    • Like x 3
  2. Drake Malice Dedicated Player

Red Lightning (Negative Speed Force)

“Corporate” Gadgetry, as in recolored and themed after different companies such as LexCorp, WayneTech, Queen Industries, etc.

“Alien” Munitions, as in retextured to fit the themes of various alien militaries such as Krypton, Apokalips, New Genesis, Thanagar, etc.

Red Water (Blood Magic)

Molten Earth

Black Quantum (The Darkest Knight/One Who Laughs)
    • Like x 6
  3. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Well, here's another wish/idea.

Cosmic-Astral themed Quantum reskin

By changing many of the powers to be black with stars, or using the same effects that Space Luthor powers do, as well as the black barrels on the Hall of Doom alert. Some of the spherical projectiles could even just use the Cosmic Bouncy Ball model already in the game.

It always was a pet peeve of mine how when some people requested or showed ideas for a cosmic-space-astral themed powerset, people would just shove it off with "oh, but we quantum already, we don't need that", because I just never really felt Quantum was cosmic enough. Sure the powerset has literally a move called Singularity, but that always felt like the only space-ey power it had, like where are the stars? The supernovas? The void? The quasars?

Edit:

Gravitonic Field could have its animation changed to that of a black hole in the center, and its accretion disk as the actual damaging field.

Time Bomb could be changed into a pulsar.

Energy Expulsion could be changed so the character is holding a black hole on their hand, and the ray/laser/finisher then becomes the quasar coming out of it.
    • Like x 3
  4. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

I really appreciate the replies. I even shared a few of your ideas, I hope these get picked up and utilized! I feel that would also help with furthering individuality in game!
    • Like x 2
  5. OdieBadger Well-Known Player

I would like to hear a devs opinion or Mepps opinion on the Lantern rings changing the animation colors. Animation would stay the same, just the ring and colors would change. It could be a specific artifact if this would help the recoding of the light power. Blue, Indigo, Star Sapphire, Orange, Black, White, Ultraviolet, etc. players choose which color they want. And put this in a new “What’s New” subject so everyone can see your opinion. I know the community is very interested in this. Hope to here from you soon. Thank you.
    • Like x 2
  6. OdieBadger Well-Known Player

Yellow electric fire.
    • Like x 1
  7. OdieBadger Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  8. Kuno Loyal Player

Technically that would be alternate VFX not new animations. But I'm up for both. Really good suggestions!
    City of Heroes a superhero mmo, had custom animations and color customization for travel powers and powersets.
    For free.

Would be amazing to be able to select from a palette of 12 colours or so to customise your powerset VFX.
    • Like x 2
  9. Gravedigger Active Player

Heres a few more in addition to my 1st post

•Lovecraftian Gadgets (replaces the tech with unnatural eldritch devices, such as the mines having tentacles & an eyeball, fear gas being a tentacle, etc)
    •Tar Water (not just black water, but thick mucky tar)
    •Negative Speed Force Electric (red black)
    •Deathly Nature (all rotten & dead plants)
    • Like x 1
  10. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

AKA, The Grey / The Rot. Animal forms should be included in that, as well.
    • Like x 1
  11. HellGod13 New Player

Red Chaos sorcery
    Shadow green sorcery
    Dark flame sorcery
    Black Arcane sorcery
    • Like x 2
  12. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

An outstanding thread and suggestions. Probably one of the best suggestion threads to some down the pike in some time.

Really hope the devs take note and seriously consider such the task. Definitely a player base pleaser.
    • Like x 2
  13. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

YES to all of this!!!
    Recoloring Hardlight powers!!!
    Green & Purple Fire!!!
    • Like x 4
  14. Irvynnge Loyal Player

that's a two big old excited thumbs up " hells, yeah! " from me, man. great ideas, everyone. the eldritch gadgets one I would more than happily throw real monies at. even just the ability to customize the colours would be a fantastic start, but some of the idea in this thread are cracking good!

make it so, devs! please, make it so!
    • Like x 4
  15. Raven Roth Committed Player

I think White, Black, and Orange and would be pretty hard for them to convince DC to allow

They'd have to explain away Larfleeze not hunting you down
  16. Avelox Active Player

Trickster style gadgets variant would be great.

A dark Nature variant sounded perfect. Swamp Think represents the Green but it would be cool to also have the ability to play the Rot style of nature for a more villainous angle.

Pirate Munitions variant sounds like a lot of fun.

Lantern variants are obviously gonna be wildly popular.

Cosmic Quantum sounds great if for no other reason than easier on the eyes. I like the power but it can be a bit too loud.
    • Like x 3
  17. ACE FREHLEY Well-Known Player

I Really hope the people in charge are taking note of these ideas. In lieu of new power sets, THIS would be the next best thing to get the player base excited! Think of all the customization possibilities!

White/Whitish coloured nature: for spider based powers?
    Green Fire: Nether World/Demonic inspired?
    Toy themed reskin for gadgets: Trickster/Joker inspired?
    • Like x 1
  18. Avelox Active Player

Not sure if the devs would do it but they could create a red lantern power variant which is just blood powered. So you'd instead of doing things with the burning red light you could do roughly the same things with like blood tenticles and other blood themed things. Kinda like the iconic villain Bloodwork. I guess reskinning the water power would work too but I feel like the power would be more themed twords tanking.
    • Like x 1
  19. Avelox Active Player

Cybernetic munitions variant sounds like one we really need. There are lots of types of heroes and villains this would suit very well. Cyborg, Blue Beetle, Lex Luthor, and even some Iron wearing marvel characters.
    • Like x 1
  20. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

Blood Magic, red Sorc powers
    • Like x 2