Doctor Fate's Daily Rewards - September 2023

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Aug 31, 2023.

1. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Or they can just change the material name to be more accurate :)

Did you know the original ending for "The Emperor's New Clothes" have the royal court hang the kid for saying the emperor is naked and everyone continues to praise the new clothes as though they're there?
    It's not but if you don't look into it further after reading this, you might actually believe it.
    There are actually precursors to this story and it's actually fascinating.
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

As noted, Cheetah's spots are a little inconsistent in the comics, and we went with what we thought was the very most cool. We won't change the material and I doubt we will change the name, either.
    • Like x 6
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Great catch. We will fix this in our next hotfix.
    • Like x 6
  4. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

"Because the comic artists did bad research, we're going to follow in their footsteps and do the wrong thing".
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

:rolleyes:
    • Like x 8
  6. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Do you understand the difference between Misinformation and Disinformation, Megzilla?

Sass me all you want since we've burned bridge anyway, you can't even do a correction like Blizzard did.
  7. SilkyPawz Bunny

Awesome , thank you very much !!
  8. SilkyPawz Bunny

Thank you Mepps, I am looking forward to the material! more animal stuff YAY!!:D
  9. Ryll Committed Player

I too express my disbelief in the wrong name.

I vote the material be renamed to "Bob"
    • Like x 1
  10. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

You think you're being funny, but Bobcats still have patterns closer to cheetahs than leopards.
    [IMG]
  11. Ryll Committed Player

How dare you assume I was refering to bobcats. I was talking about the shortened name for "Robert".
    • Like x 1
  12. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Thanks for this awesome material mepps it will look good on one my alts :)
  13. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

What happen to the short shorts? Was it in the summer or did I just miss it somewhere?
  14. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Just change the material name.

Do not keep the cheetahs sad.

15. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Look, Kat Percussion, they used weasle words. They said "inspired by Cheetah" ... and named the skin accordingly.
    If they had made spots, they would've been lambasted for a polkadot skin.
    It's pretty. It makes people happy. A kitteh should be happy to get a kitteh skin made available.
    • Like x 2
  16. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Pretty is irrelevant. They didn't name it accordingly. People are following in the devs footsteps and calling it wrong. That's the whole issue.
    Answer this: If another game have faced this exact same issue before and can correct it, why does this game do the exact opposite of that?

https://dotesports.com/overwatch/news/doomfist-overwatch-leopard-cheetah-15887
    • Like x 1
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Of all the hills you want to make a stand on you choose this? Umm...

Hey!! I named my RSK Bob. Don't you go taking his name in vein with this "obviously: horrific misnaming!!
    • Like x 2
  18. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

How about you ask the devs why of all the hills they choose to double down on an obviously wrong choice instead of just doing a name change?
  19. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Because there is no need for it? They went with a design directly in the comics. Maybe it was leopard who wanted to be called a cheetah. Does it matter? If it bothers you that much you could just delete the material on day 21 so you never have to look at the atrocity on your toon.
  20. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

The pattern didn't originate from the comics. The pattern originated from real life animals.
    This isn't even a misnomer situation. It's just wrong, and using other wrong examples to justify it.
    Names matter.