Power Rings???

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Multiverse, Aug 29, 2023.

1. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Hello heroes and Villains...

I have been toying with this idea for some times.... And the thread about the New Powers inspired me a bit.....

What if we had....

Green Lantern Rings.....
    that would give our Character Flight like the Legion Ring....
    but that would give us also 1 Green Lantern Power??
    Let's say... Ram.
    So wearing the Ring would give Flight and the Ram ability that we could have in our loadout??

Heck long term we could have 1 ring for each Lantern Corps??

Blue Lantern ring with.... Triage?? maybe Group Triage Healing 4 players??

Making the Blue Lantern power would be too much work.... but just making the ring would give us the Blue Lantern power... sort of.... and not be too much work??

Black Lantern ring with.... Revive?? like the Lazarus Artifact??
    or Life Drain from Celestial??

Orange Lantern ring...... could let us summon 1 Orange Lantern as a construct?? maybe instead of the Robot sidekick??
    Or maybe it could give us 10% extra $$$ instead of the construct??

Etc....

What say you???
    • Like x 7
  2. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Hahaha sure why they heck not I like the idea I'm sure the devs would like something like this to. They gotta get the ok from The DC big boys I think but heck I love the idea personally.
    • Like x 3
  3. The Anxient Loyal Player

I like it! Just know if they did this it'd probably be an artifact.
    • Like x 4
  4. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

A trinket in the ring slot, I like it.
    • Like x 3
  5. Raven Roth Committed Player

I'd like a Blue Ring to give us that Lantern Ward/Temperance ability Kyle has
    • Like x 3
  6. Grip Committed Player

Let's make this happen, Dimensional Ink :) For the culture...
    • Like x 3
  7. Korlick Loyal Player

Since Blue Lanter powerset is never gonna happen, its time to begin the new crusade: #BlueLanternArtifact
    • Like x 3
  8. OdieBadger Well-Known Player

What about a White Lantern ring? Lazarus effect, heals, quantum phasing, white constructs, white energy blasts, invisibility, flight, and energy absorbtion.
  9. Jaelia Committed Player

Been wanting a Violet Power ring for healing since forever hopefully something will come out of this thread :)
    • Like x 5
  10. Tros Well-Known Player

I would prefer an accessory with the color of each troop, on the left hand, so a green, yellow or red lantern could use 2 rings.
  11. GrumpySnorlax Level 30

Sounds like a sugar rush I'll take it to go.
    • Like x 1
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

You're probably right.

Ring or Artifact... it would be a fun addition. ;)
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Good idea. ;)
  14. NameOrNot New Player

Personally, I prefer to keep my hopes up for a new lantern power, especially as I agree with everyone who has asked for a heal lantern, having a heal lantern power is a given, if it ever arrives!)
    • Like x 1
  15. Limey Committed Player

I have already requested left-hand power rings as style accessories.. so everyone can have a ring, and HL/rage can dual-ring it.

Special items work though. I feel like they could be part of the Christmas event since it's an unusually lantern-themed holiday(but fits the lore). Put 'em in a CR scaling box and ship it.
    • Like x 3
  16. Tros Well-Known Player

Yea would be a fast problem solve for at least the feeling/costume.
  17. MystoganJella Well-Known Player

Yes Yes And Yes! Us Lanterns Need To Unite ! :)
    • Like x 1
  18. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I was against it until you expained it that way. Now I'm for it, if I understand it correctly:

So, it's a piece of equipment with stats that can fall out of relevancy.
    And, gives an optional power, just like a movement mode power or iconic power can be added to your loadout, if you so choose.
    I'd wager the best way to do it would be that you can feed it to keep it relevant for longer, like an op piece.
    The thing that makes it different from your usual op piece is that extra ability.
    • Like x 3
  19. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

20. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Sure.... if it is done like the Legion Ring or the Robin ring..... the stats would be obsolete after a while.

But if it is done like the Speed ring.... we could get a new ring with better stats once a year.

We could get the Green Lantern ring for Christmas??

Star Sapphire ring for Valentine??

Black Lantern ring for Halloween??

Or something like that??
    • Like x 1