Please remain calm and don't attack me....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Vargann, Aug 20, 2023.

1. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I would definitely want some warning. Maybe try to get together with some other player and do some of the content I haven't tried, like elite runs, just so I could say I did them. Besides, it would be a sucky, cowardly thing to say nothing, just shut down, and then say the game's over.
    • Like x 2
  2. Eve YouTuber

While communication could be better it's not what stopping me from enjoying the game. As I said before, yes updates are updates. Didn't say anything about their quality. But even if the game is on maintenance mode, I'm glad to see they're still putting some kind of effort into it and not leaving it to die. Yes content is content and updates are updates, it doesn't matter how big or small they are. I want more and better episodes but I don't expect them at least until we get new leadership (Creative Director, Lead Designer). People always say the game is dead, nothing is coming and the sky is falling. :) I'm enjoying it for what it is, as a DC fan. My expectations aren't high.
    • Like x 3
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

• Like x 23
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Case and point ↑
    • Like x 3
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I knew what it was going to be when I clicked on it....and yet....I clicked on it.
    • Like x 4
  6. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  7. Eve YouTuber

Oh no the information, the horror! ;)
    • Like x 2
  8. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

You got me lol
    • Like x 4
  9. Hraesvelg Always Right

This is the appropriate response to these threads.
    • Like x 6
  10. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

People have been claiming the game is dying and near death and will be shut down soon for over a decade.

A lot of people love to hate on something because they personally lost enthusiasm for it, but they want to blame the thing itself.

And a lot of people like to claim that whatever they feel about something is a universal truth.

The game is flourishing and filled with players. The idea that the end is coming soon remains as nonsensical as ever.

YouTube is also filled with videos explaining and claiming that the Earth is flat. YouTube is a cesspool of misinformation (along with Tubers who do accurate research and have accurate information about many subjects).

Lots of people claiming nonsense doesn't make nonsense true.
    • Like x 6
  11. Warped Discord Moderator

Wow, I’ve been rickrolled.
    • Like x 3
  12. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Oh for the love of Ted Kord....

When are people going to learn not to believe everything they see or read or hear on the internet? :confused:

You need to go read the story of Chicken Little, which everyone read when I was a kid. There's an important life lesson there that everyone needs to learn. And I'm not talking about the animated movie, I'm talking about the original story.

In the meantime, if you have the money, I've got some oceanfront property in Arizona that I'd love to sell you, and I'm running a special right now! Buy this oceanfront property and I'll throw in the Golden Gate Bridge absolutely FREE! ;)
    • Like x 1
  13. Vargann Well-Known Player

Sorry to offend you. I asked about something I keep seeing over and over. Read chicken little many years ago. I'm not stupid nor do I believe everything I read, view an opinion, etc. I'm headed towards seventy so I have common sense but I still ask questions when I have one. Thank you and have a good evening.
    • Like x 2
  14. inferno Loyal Player

Yes. DCUO is shutting down.

Specifically, every 6 a.m. Pacific Standard Time; DCUO shuts down for an hour or so.
    • Like x 3
  15. xGMZen Well-Known Player

I had a rash attack once, when I stepped in Poison Ivy... she didn't appreciate that one bit... (jokes aside if anyone is trying to say the game is dying, its actually they keep dying against perpetua elite plus, they take games that seriously, if its yters they're probably working to shutdown the competition from the inside, thats about it.)
    the only thing to fear... is being on console... why? because ps3 shutdown, why not ps5? lol
    GOOD LUCK TO YOU.
    • Like x 1
  16. xGMZen Well-Known Player

They'd have to click to believe it! :D because 100% of everyone did. and they were awestruck. they realised that this response, was indeed, the future of DCUO... now for some odd reason, I want a baked potato.
    • Like x 3
  17. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I would like sour cream & chives on top of mine plz & thank chu :)

You were planning on sharing right? Right?
    • Like x 4
  18. Proxystar #Perception

I haven't had a baked potato in ages, sounds like a dinner plan.
    • Like x 1
  19. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

The game is updating content on a regular (if slow) basis, and more importantly, it's updating it's graphics for a new console. A game getting ready to shut down wouldn't bother spending resources to update for a new generation of consoles. It would be seeking to consolidate resources. While the game is having issues with staffing, and that means it can't do things as quickly as I'm sure they want to, it's not shutting down.
    • Like x 3
  20. Soul Dedicated Player

Reported for trolling.
    • Like x 1