DCUO Development Update - August 2023

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Aug 15, 2023.

1. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

For any update, we either don't need special configuration to "make it work," or we benefit from it all, no matter what console the improvements were intended for.
    [IMG]
  2. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Have you all ever considered porting this game to android and ios? The Switch Runs on a tegra and most flag ship phones in the last 4 or 5 years outperform it. Maybe Sony and MS would allow the accounts to work on the mobile versions?
  3. DarkMastery Active Player

On mobile this game? I know there is another dc game there and in some ways looks better then dcuo. I hate mobile games but if they have the time and if the need is there and people want it then go right ahead I guess.
    • Like x 2
  4. FaithfulJudge New Player

Beautiful well done my friends I look forward to the coming adventures .
  5. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

YEEEEEEEAAAAA BAYBAY!!! (^_^)
    • Like x 1
  6. LeatherJacket25 Well-Known Player

Sweet! Im excited for this episode!!!

I’m curious to find out what will be different on ps5 too.
    • Like x 1
  7. FazlaBakmaKafaYapar Active Player

8. XBlue Well-Known Player

Have you ever considered the possibility of using an AI to improve the game graphically? There are currently umpteen approaches to where you could bring about extreme improvements from much older games with the help of an AI in terms of textures, effects and lighting without having to turn a game completely inside out. I know it's difficult to switch to a new graphics engine at this point (you missed the train at some point). But there is always a plan B. And before you miss the next date, you should please take a look at the AI ​​possibilities. There are already amazing results where pixelated games from the 80s and 90s have been brought into the modern age with AI tools. Perhaps this is food for thought that is realistic for you. You just have to want it :)
    • Like x 1
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We actually added the Agamemno Contingency Briefing shortly after his passing as our tribute. Video below if you don't mind spoilers.

• Like x 11
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Hey!! No fair.... posting videos is my job. ;) ;)

11. grifterwildkat New Player

hi mepps, will dcuo servers on ps4 be shut down over time? is that not everyone is able to migrate to the new generation so soon
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

It is not really a matter of if.... more a matter of when.

But....

It probably won't be anytime soon..... a lot of people could not get a PS5 for a lonng time.... so lots of people are still on PS4.

Heck PS5 was so rare for so long.... I would not be surprised if we get the PS6 before the PS4 gets shut down.

I guess we will have to wait and see.
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Not for a few years at least. PS4 launched in 2013 and DCUO cut PS3 support in 2018. You have plenty of time to save up for a PS5 or PS6.
    • Like x 2
  14. Eve YouTuber

Mepps actually already commented about it on Twitter\X:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  15. GrumpySnorlax Level 30

Sounds sweet to me, sounds real good JLD is probably one of my sweet tooths of a DLC lots to eat and pick apart from the bones. I do wish we had another raid or even an extra alert. I feel this might be to short and I want this meal to drag on a bit hopefully it's a good meaty meal for us.
    • Like x 3
  16. FaithfulJudgeDC New Player

My DC family this is Beautiful I can't wait for a great journey to continue once again.
    • Like x 1
  17. Solarbound Committed Player

A next gen port sounds like it should be exciting and I want to be able to feel that. But, the last one didn't change much of the game's direction over the years, if at all. Some of it was even for the worst. So, my expectations are very low. We'll see...
  18. Eve YouTuber

Just curious if one raid means rotation of open world bosses again? (Like WV, STTS, Legion...)
    • Like x 2
  19. xGMZen Well-Known Player

My Words can't express how awesome that would be. there are games that leave behind memorials for those who lived out their dreams. what better way to honor a mans legacy for acting than a memorial of his amazing work, in gotham. forever etched into the game. in a strong sense, that would make DCUO everlasting. think about that.
    • Like x 1
  20. xGMZen Well-Known Player

Ohh this is gonna be a good story... lol (I always wanted to see John get judged by *cough* The Specter ;) )
    • Like x 1