Episode Spotlight: Atlantis

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 12, 2023.

1. Great Architect Loyal Player

You're putting words in my mouth. I'm not "desperate to defend them" - I just recognise that not all things the game does are for all Players. If you don't find any value in this Bonus Week, then fine.

I'll let you into a secret. If everybody likes your game, but nobody loves it, it will fail. Game designers don't look for popular responses, they look for strong responses - and they have to take the negative with the positive. You can see this in just about every contentious decision in the game recently, if you recognise what you are looking for.

So it's fine for you to strongly dislike it - in fact *it's expected that some people will* - and I'm not arguing with your right to do that - I simply said that you seem to have no recognition that just because you don't like it, others do - and apparently some people really love it, and say so. Which you call brown nosing. I recognise it for the strong response that the developers were looking for.
    • Like x 2
  2. Eve YouTuber

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  3. KiraDanvers Well-Known Player

OK, I've tried to not be directly rude to anyone so far, I've tried to keep it civil, but now, I now might have to be....just a little....

That has got to be the DUMBEST take I think I've ever heard! Are you actually simple or something? This is very much a PUBLIC forum. I mean...that's literally what. It. Is!!
    Clearly you are the only one who's "making (stuff) up out of literally nothing" here to try and fluff up your paper-thin narrative.

Do you actually know the difference between public and private, or would you like me to explain?

A public park....is open to the public. Anyone can go there. A private park....is private. Pretty simple, right?

Yes, there are rules here that they can ban people for, but it most definitely is a public forum. It is NOT some kind of private members invite-only club, as much as you would like it to be. I know you probably think you're part of some special little elite club (you very much come across like that), but you're not. Sorry to burst your bubble.

On to your second point....so I "have the right to complain anywhere in your life but these forums". Really? REALLY???? You're really going there, huh?

Do you have any idea how dumb you sound right now? You're seriously trying to gatekeep where and when people can voice their opinions and complaints?? On the site that is literally designed for people to voice their opinions and complaints? That is an utterly desperate excuse for an argument! I'd pity you if it wasn't so funny!

So where exactly am I supposed to go to voice my complaints then, hmmm?? Should I go and harass the devs on their personal Twitter page? I'm sure they'd love that. Hit them up on Facebook, maybe? Hope they log into the game itself so I can send them a DM? Maybe I should contact the US postal service and get their home address so I can send them a strongly worded letter??

Or should I go to the one place that is literally designed for the public to have their say on the state of the game?? Remind me, what's that thing called again?? Oh yeah.....THE FORUM.

Utter moron....

Do you just want your 'private little members club' to be a happy place full of sunshine and rainbows and fluffy bunny rabbits, where no one can ever talk baddie no-no's about your special game and hurt your precious fee-fees ever again?
    (And yes. I am intentionally being INCREDIBLY SARCASTIC because frankly, mockery is all that your ridiculous statement deserves!)

Never said I speak for anyone actually, but keep making up your weak claims. You seem pretty good at that. Actually, you're not even that good at that....
  4. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  5. Irvynnge Loyal Player

ok, that's funny. two proper thumbs up.
    • Like x 2
  6. Eve YouTuber

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  10. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

ok last one
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  13. Sturmlocke New Player

I love Atlantis, way to go!

• Like x 2
  14. Proxystar #Perception

lmao.

oh and thanks devs.
  15. Jcal Dedicated Player

Things ESCALATED up in here. Good lord, lol.
    • Like x 1
  16. Eve YouTuber

I love using memes to break the ice, hope it helps lol
    • Like x 1
  17. Kuno Loyal Player

Best episode and map in the last 5 years.
    • Like x 1
  18. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Thanks for the massive favour devs. I have a character who is just at the right level for Atlantis, and this is going to be really useful.
    • Like x 2
  19. myandria Item Storage

Hmm....

Umm...

First: I want to thank the devs for making the Spotlight Event go back as far as Atlantis. I can work on my alts with this content now.:D

Second: Spotlight Episode Events are a nice way to acknowledge new and returning players; "hey, we appreciate you choosing this game/returning to this game. Here's an event that will help you catch up." I dont see anything wrong with that and I think it will help retain those players. These events are a great opportunity to level up an alt character and gather Atlantis feats without having to spend replay badges to unlock them.

Third: Each bonus event that the devs decide to give us will not benefit every player; that is a simple fact. No game is immune to this. If this week's Spotlight Event isn't to your liking, then move on; speak with your log-in and participation. Everyone has a right to their opinion and view, as long as it is respectful. Since the event is already live, actions speak louder than words at this point.

However, just speculating how good or bad this is means very little; the proof will be in the number of players participating. If the entire week shows Atlantis with a lot of full phases, then it would be a success like it or not and the devs could offer it again. If Atlantis shows a low phase population for the entire week, then it would be a failed attempt and the devs could decide not to offer it again.

Just remember; cooler heads prevail and hot heads always fail.
    • Like x 3
  20. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

This is not a "public" forum. It is privately owned by Dimensional Ink. You have zero constitutional rights to post here. You're allowed to post here by Daybreak Games, and they can take away that privilege any moment they wish to.

Name-calling doesn't change this completely simple fact.

A public park is owned by the government, and in the United States, the First Amendment applies; you have (within the law) the right to speak there.

A private park is owned by a private citizen or entity or corporation, and you have no "rights" there whatsoever.

This forum and game are private parks. Owned by Daybreak/Dimensional Ink. This is not a complicated concept.
    • Like x 1