The New Costume Contest ...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Black-Zero, Feb 15, 2013.

1. xOToXiCRaInOx New Player

Anyone know what feet style that’s is
    • Like x 1
  2. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

• Like x 1
  3. OdieBadger Well-Known Player

Zeu’s hair with beard and mustache together.
  4. OdieBadger Well-Known Player

5. OdieBadger Well-Known Player

6. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I ended up using Wavy Hair and the... Bewitched Battlesuit Head Style, I think? Had to put the Silver Material on the headpiece to get rid of the glowing light in the center of the forehead!

[IMG]

It'll do for now.

Never been able to finish that collection/briefing due to the fact that the Wiki Guide is incomplete. It doesn't tell me WHICH S.T.A.R. Labs Research Facility the briefing is actually in (as there's apparently more than 1) or how to get into it.

I've asked on the Forum in the past at least once, and I got no answer. So that Briefing is sitting there on one of my characters unfinished because there's no guide that's worth the bandwidth used to host it! :rolleyes:

Oh, and back to why I used the Checkmate Chest I did, which I've also used on the Fetts, and on Paz Vizsla (the Heavy Infantry Mandalorian):

1) It does look good for Mando Armor, especially Paz Vizsla's. It's very close to his armor anyway.

2) In case you haven't noticed yet, the Bright Booster Jet Pack (Back Style) is the latest back style in the game that's floating in mid-air several inches away from your character's body UNLESS you use a chest style that fills in that gap somehow. The back plate on that Checkmate Chest Style accomplishes that beautifully. Observe:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

So if I'm going to change Chest Styles, it's still got to fill that gap so the jetpack is actually attached to the armor and doesn't look ridiculous! ;)
    • Like x 2
  7. Korlick Loyal Player

Have you actually read those links you posted there? Because it tells you exactly where to get the briefings.
  8. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Yes, I've been to the pages many times, and NO, it does NOT tell me everything I need to know. It has apparently recently been updated to finally show the location of the particular S.T.A.R. Labs Research Facility I need, in Little Bohemia, but it still doesn't state how to go and get into it.

I'll check it out again in a bit, and see if the game itself has been updated or not. I also have to figure out which character I was doing that briefing on, because I no longer remember.
  9. Korlick Loyal Player

Again...those 2 links you posted tells you everything you need to know. Where to go. How to get into. And what you need if you cant get in there by yourself.

Only thing it doesnt show is the actual location in the map of each briefing (but this might be an issue on my end, because none of the pictures of the web are loading).
  10. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

It does show the location on the map. There is also a video guide at the end.
    • Like x 1
  11. Eve YouTuber

12. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I went ahead and looked up a tutorial on YouTube. I found the Villain character I had completed half of the Briefing on, but the game would not allow him to access the other half. I've learned today that both S.T.A.R. Labs Facilities that make up the 2 halves of this Briefing have walk-in portals right at the entrances to the buildings, BUT those portals only show up for Meta characters that have Superman or Lex Luthor as their Mentor.

Strangely enough, my Villain, who is a Tech Villain (he uses Munitions) was able to run one half by selecting it from the On Duty Menu, but it won't give him any way to access the other half.

So, I had to switch over to a Meta Hero Character, and use the Walk-In Portals to access both halves. Now I've got the Chest and can unlock it on other characters.

As I suspected would be the case, there's 2 big problems with it:

1) Horrible, outdated metallic texture resulting in muted colors, the same as with many early styles in the game.

[IMG]

2) Doesn't fill the gap between the torso and the Bright Booster Jet Pack.

[IMG]

So, you know, if it works for any Mandos you want to create, have at it! But it's not working for me for the ones I've made.

At least I've completed that Briefing finally, though. So now I have that Chest Style available for my characters if I do figure out an outfit it'll work for, so it's not a total loss. :cool:
  13. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Before the recent troubles on Reddit, I was posting Investigation and Brief collections on Imgur. Here's the link to Legacy of Krypton: Episode III. If the one you're looking for is one of the first 3, you'll need to either be a Meta, or party up with one, in order to get in. If it's one of the last 3, you can just use the On Duty tab to queue up the solo instance.

Edit: Aaaaand now I see that you've already completed it. Congrats!
    • Like x 1
  14. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

16. kallader Committed Player

17. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

18. kallader Committed Player

• Like x 1
  19. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

20. Eve YouTuber

Made a new style for Madame Fate with the Occult Detective chest :)
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4