COMMUNITY, and MARKETTING for DCUO? where is Dot Dot Dot

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Toshknight, Jun 18, 2023.

1. Toshknight Loyal Player

i am grateful you gave people that didn't get the 77 superman / standar superman emblem, due to it being a prior anniversary gift, but hey your giving everyone things you said you would only give certain players in the past, it's been over 10 years, so that is fair, since the game is lasted and "thriving " in a strange way "

then you have a bundle for Suicide squad or Harley Quinn which for real was bunk AF. you made a BVS Knightmare batman Inspired cowl, which was cool. for the Monthly log in last month.

why not release suits / armor / movement styles aka Better speedforce movement styles, and materials along with accessories,

there are lots you could have done, without having to do the exact style from Batfleck/superman/Keatman Beatman/ Member Barry's aka 3 flash's , Kryptonians 'IN THE FLASH and Man of Steel, ZOD Feora

A. Straigh up batfleck inspired suit, either from Justice league/BVS, or the flash movie Blue/grey suit

B. the 89 symbol we have pretty much, releasing a Keaton batman cowl/ armor that would go with it, being inspired by any of A and B is possible

c. The Flash's ZS suit, or Helmet inspired style, or same with llthe entire suit "inspired" doesn't have to be Canonical

D. the New Flash Ring Suit, and the Keatman returns suit made into a flash suit, would have been killer to have, INSPIRED of course, the Dark Flash's suit, or just a black flash or new flash suit / speedster suit in general

E. Zods armor from Man of steel and Flash INPIRED, those suits are wicked

F. KARA ZOR EL , inspired suit from the flash, a Superman Man of Steel inspired Sun Energy absorbing suits from ZSJL/MAN of STEEL, with the proper scaled texture, same as batfleck.

the Regular superman in the game has the scaled textured suit which has the open neck chest style is needed 100%

G. Major one is to revamp the Iconic skill tree from the 20
    or so passive / ability skills that have not been updated in animation EVER,

you need to actually re make that skill tree, dropping most of it, keeping the heat vision HL shield/Dps robot pet/Venom buff is pretty much the only things that should be kept, but add more and edit the pak files for the animations from the legends iconics your using to the iconic tree, cause its already done, the files for the abilities and animations are in the game.

G 1, its not that hard either, the legends avatars you have in the game for Legends pvp/pve , Hal Jordan, Flash, Batman, joker, superman, you have wonderful animations and skills, like the Swift movement attacks, aka Superspeed Tornado run , or dash/running in circle , the same ability for the legends flash and thawne, has a tornado show up,
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

holding ranged attack for all the characters, has a unique ICONIC ability that can be put into the iconic skill tree, these are probably the best ones to add to the iconic tree, due to them all doing ranged HOLD attack damage, or at least, a part of the tree should be these.

===================================================================================

Some examples of what is in the game and has been for over 6 years

Current legends avatar abilities that could be put into the Iconic skill tree

Flash and R flash, does a dash, but just kind of teleports/phase jumps to the targeted enemy and does a melee attack/punch, and doesn't have a cooldown or supercharge,

Hal Jordan, sinestro , they shoot a round projectile construct ranged attack held

batman throws his batarangsl,

there are tons, that could be put into a iconic skill tree, without breaking the game, cause they aren't i win button attacks, just cool and fun to use.
  2. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Short answer.... they cannot use styles from movies and tv shows.
    They have the rights from the comics... not the movies or tv shows.

Why were they able to use the Knightmare Batman head from BvS then you says??

It is now cannon in comics.....
    https://screenrant.com/knightmare-batman-batsuit-dc-comics/
    [IMG]

Although there is also the Batman Detective comic that has a similar style. [IMG]
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

There are some facts you need to clear up before you go on one of your tirades. The emblem is Superman's 80th Anniversary Emblem. It was an a reward for Part II of The Death of Superman Event, not an anniversary gift. DC Comics only gave them permission to use it as a limited time reward available between June-December 2018, that was five years ago, not ten.

What about the bundles was "bunk"?

They release new styles/materials/accessories all the time. They won't be doing anymore movement styles until they fix the broken styles for PS superspeed characters.

I already told you in another post that they can not just recreate costumes from film and television. The studio is mainly limited to asking to recreate styles from printed comics.It is likely the studio had to ask for special permission to recreate the Sandstorm of Vengeance Cowl, although it's more believable that they requested to recreate Earth-40 Batman's cowl or any generic pre-existing Batman cowl + goggles.
    [IMG]
  4. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

The Desert Batman is now cannon in comics.... so they did not really need to ask permission.
    Although.... they could play Dumb and say..... no no no.... it's not the Nightmare Barman cowl.... it is the Batman Detective cowl from the comics.... we swear. ;)

EDIT: Although they always need to ask permission from DC Comics... for.... everything.... but you know what I mean. End of EDIT. ;)

They did the same with Batman Beyond..... they were able to add the Batman Beyond style when Batman Beyond became part of the comics in..... Future's End??? I think??
  5. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Same goes for stuff like Aqualad looking like he does in Young Justice: they made that his look in the comics the same, hence the game being able to use it. Only times I'm aware of they did include something directly from tv or movies are the BVS swag bags that got the plug pulled after not very long (not sure if the deal was to be limited time or if it was DC/WB having second thoughts and nixing it) and the tv Supergirl Legends avatar that was available for a limited time and only once and never again, so not a great track record. If there's something from the non-comics media you really want, your best bet is to find something similar or in the same vein from the comics and ask for that.
    • Like x 3
  6. Toshknight Loyal Player

i also did also say, they need to add more styles from the Comics" as you said that the MOS and BVS emblems are now comic canonical, i did not know that. id like to see, in general. post a image from canonical comic. i know it was a weird deal, the studio took it away after 2 weeks maybe, if that, i duuno i bought it right away. but i mainly just want a good superman style chest, like the comic one, or like the legends character in game,

with the flash snyder outfit, yea, i could see that being a issue, if what you say is 100% true, and iron clad now, they cannot use Movie or Tv show items, but they can make a inspired and name it different, like they did with the arrow outfit. and others,

What about the ICONIC Ability Skill Tree? revamp?
    G. Major one is to revamp the Iconic skill tree from the 20
    or so passive / ability skills that have not been updated in animation EVER,
    you need to actually re make that skill tree, dropping most of it, keeping the heat vision HL shield/Dps robot pet/Venom buff is pretty much the only things that should be kept, but add more and edit the pak files for the animations from the legends iconics your using to the iconic tree, cause its already done, the files for the abilities and animations are in the game.
    G 1, its not that hard either, the legends avatars you have in the game for Legends pvp/pve , Hal Jordan, Flash, Batman, joker, superman, you have wonderful animations and skills, like the Swift movement attacks, aka Superspeed Tornado run , or dash/running in circle , the same ability for the legends flash and thawne, has a tornado show up,
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    holding ranged attack for all the characters, has a unique ICONIC ability that can be put into the iconic skill tree, these are probably the best ones to add to the iconic tree, due to them all doing ranged HOLD attack damage, or at least, a part of the tree should be these.

===================================================================================

Some examples of what is in the game and has been for over 6 years

Current legends avatar abilities that could be put into the Iconic skill tree

Flash and R flash, does a dash, but just kind of teleports/phase jumps to the targeted enemy and does a melee attack/punch, and doesn't have a cooldown or supercharge,

Hal Jordan, sinestro , they shoot a round projectile construct ranged attack held

batman throws his batarangsl,

there are tons, that could be put into a iconic skill tree, without breaking the game, cause they aren't i win button attacks, just cool and fun to use.
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If you want a Superman chest style your best bet is when they do another Superman episode but don't expect the emblem to be built in.
  8. Toshknight Loyal Player

i understand they can't just add non comic book stuff, but they can create inspired sorta, that is enough but not enough like it for them to get a slap on the wrist,

but, i am still holding out for some better chest pieces to be used, for superman and batman, the small emblem thing is just wierd, after all the years we finally got the kyle rayner emblem on the left breast style slimline but,

no collar less superman slimline like the comic version and game version has,

what would you say about the iconic tree revamp if i may ask? or not ur thing? just curious honestly, cause its a really good idea IMO to

A. just plain give the animations updates , B. add more iconic abilities that actually are iconic abilities, C. The assets are in the game on the legends characters. D, being the skills wont be in non iconic or legends fasion, it shouldn't be a issue to update it, specially with the ps5 update, being the ability to have more on screen at once now pretty much equal to if it was only on pc.

and what about the superspeed / or just more movement styles, ?

P.S yes we have discuss lots of the topics, but that's what needs to be done, so the devs know what players are wanting and talking about.
  9. Toshknight Loyal Player

oh, of course, i dont want or think the emblems should be built in at all...
    that would be bad

btw i like how you actually challenge my ideas, cause you bring good points, and it's good for discussion. P.S

i didnt mean the bvs bundle was bunk itself, i meant the way it got taken away and we didn't get more , like flash movie, stuff, or justice league movie snydercut promotions, that bunk, not the bundles.
  10. Toshknight Loyal Player

about.[/quote]

i dont particularly want non comic media items added, i was just asking what happened with the flash movie stuff and lack of promotion, while they didn't even mention it. it's like they were asked not too almost.
  11. Nightcrawler Legionnaire

I believe the Zod-related time capsule is a result of the Flash movie and the tie-in you seek.
    • Like x 1
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Before Panderus left he said he was interested in updating iconic powers. But not sure where they stand on that now.

Movement styles are bugged and invisible for superspeed characters on PlayStation for years. They haven't shown any interest in fixing it and even removed them from the PS marketplace.