DCUO - Regarding the artifacts Cog of Mageddon and Tetrahedron of Urgrund

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLQ-DCUO, Oct 2, 2022.

1. Soc Level 30

[IMG]
  2. Soc Level 30

This is the issue why have burn checks instead of some really good mechanics?

Why live in the past? it's 2023 why go back to 2016 or 2018?

I play other games and this is the only game I play that the devs actually listen to certain players and those aren't the best players to listen to, those players actually ruin the game play for other's and it makes them feel entitled and take the Devs for granted, I have to give the devs credit for all the changes they do make and listen to this community, the other games I play they do not do this at all, unless game glitch or issues.
  3. BumblingB I got better.

Spytle was blowing hot hair to hype up the new unfinished mechanics that was introduced because they gutted out their powers with the whole animation normalization and dovetail update. Which really was something that I think they had to talk themselves into for the "better" of the game. Which was just them making the PS3 last longer and tacked on some balancing issues into.

AM power return mechanic was directly related to player feedback, since they would not be able to keep up with a play from tray gameplay. It was a "good" change, but not exactly dealt with well, since AMs just had this cycle of damage creep that was going up and up.

Stats revamp was something that gutted the power part, not only because of how they translated PFT of AMs, but because they created power cost profiles of powers that kind of simplified everything. (Of course also couldn't follow their own rules with some of the powers.) And yes, they did change how stuns worked and I was definitely calling out that fact. They also removed Dom as a real controller stat either as well.

Which leads to my confusion on what they want the controller to be. Content is built to ignore crowd control to the extent that it could even punish you for doing so. They seem to give a ton of artifacts that give more power when most players won't need them, even in the sweating ultra clip kind. They do like debuffs, but they are sprinkling them to non control roles with allies and trinkets. Do they even want the role anymore?

Carry on.
  4. zNot Loyal Player

Ofcourse content design is the issue they are still forcing us to play the dps meta,the raid content needs to be approchaed differently by the devs on earlier stages of development before it comes on Test the core design of the raid is what matters,the rushed quick dps centric boss designs are a huge problem, the devs cant give us hard content if we can burncheck through them and skip entire mechanics while the boss lasts barely any time on elite.

If they intend to give us challenging and engaging and just one single long lasting raid per episode they have to work on this problem at all cost..i do think they want to provide us with challenging content otherwise they wouldnt do Elite+ but elite+ is the same issue as elite added HP some mechs dont make a raid hard or engaging aslong as dps are the main and only influence and dictaor of challenge the content will remain easy and lack challenge especially in a game that hasnt balanced its damage meta such a design has to be avoided. Back in the days a skilled tank was needed to finish the endgame raids now its flipped the tanking difflculty is at its lowest,now all we need is as many meta dpses as many art swappers as possible with a buff troll.. the result is here a Low to no challenge content and toxicity.
    • Like x 1
  5. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I already posed a workaround suggestion for this:
    What if they apply the same effects on both, but grant players that already have both the option to trade one of them in 100% for another artifact via a "token" of sorts?
  6. Dev72 Dedicated Player

The reason why there is a high level of breakthrough to 200 and usage to the two artifacts to is that because the community(particularly the DPS, which holds the majority) demands it. Here are the community requirements, which is above and beyond the standard power troll set-up that contains Amulet of Rao, Scrap of the Soul Cloak, and Parasite's power harness.

Tetra
    Cog
    Claw

And then include others required by tanks: BOP and Grim Chains.

The troll role is by far the is the most required to run specific artifacts, with healers and then tanks being a close second, which explains why it is difficult to find a troll willing to submit themselves to the community standard.
  7. Miserable Dedicated Player

I honestly found the old battery role infinitely more fun than the current buff troll role. You were like a healer but for blue bars. Now you spend half the time in your inventory just triggering artifact effects.
    • Like x 1
  8. Proxystar #Perception

I mean his hair did always look pretty good. ;)

Carry on.
    • Like x 1
  9. FixMyPower Active Player

This game would've been dead long ago if there wasn't a scoreboard.
  10. BumblingB I got better.

Damn fat fingers on my phone keyboard. lol But his hair was nice...

Carry on.
    • Like x 1
  11. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Using the same argument pro-clampers like to use: If people didn't know of it's existence prior, everyone would have adapted around the current system and the thought of a scoreboard wouldn't have impacted the game at all. Merely because it wouldn't be on people's minds other than perhaps trying to get them to add one?

Oops
    • Like x 1
  12. Proxystar #Perception

I don't think so.
    • Like x 3
  13. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I thought the same. We don't really need another artifact for Prec and Might for stat bumping. Just giving both artifacts the same amount of buff effects for both Prec and Might, with the warning that these don't stack should be more than enough. If its done during next 2x artifact XP week and gets announced way ahead of time, i wouldn't even demand a compensation.
    • Like x 2
  14. pultinski Well-Known Player

As a rifle using precision dps ( power is irrelevant ), i use COG in all boss fights and open world bounties. in my testing on dcuo log analyzer, it out performed all other art options in most circumstances for my play-style ( note my other 2 are VWD and the one that increases crit ). the fact that this can also benefit others is a bonus. I would suggest rather than combing arts, make this one only work for dps & tanks. Make the scoreboard chasers choose their artifacts more wisely, rather than offload stuff to support classes.
    • Like x 1
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I have never seen anyone demand grim. I’ve seen bop to an extent only because the community as a whole can’t seem to understand cc immunity so trolls get asked to use bop to stop giving adds immunity. So not because it’s an actual requirement.

For the most part buff trolls are pretty much just “required” to have claw, rao, tetra/cog. Bop just for the “will you please stop giving everything immunity!!!”
  16. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

They should just raise the dom cap in elite and elite+ content past what a controller would have. A troll with BOP wouldn't be able to stun adds anyways if someone wanted to say "then a troll couldn't stun the adds if the tank forgot" etc..
  17. Future Nightwing New Player

Would really like your opinion on this as well:

I think it would be a good idea to separate artifacts into at least 2 categories, Battle Artifacts and Utility Artifacts. And give all players 3 Battle artifact slots (which we already have in the inventory menu) and 3-4 Utility Artifacts slots (recommended to be located in the Lair upgrade console where we pay rent for out orbitals, mods, etc.)

Battle Artifacts: your typical in slot artifacts in which the main function of the artifact is active always or utilized under a time period of every 20 seconds or so. So arts like trans card, quislet, grim, page of destiny, orb of orion, mystic, rao, b o p, claw, etc.

Utility Artifacts: artifacts that you wouldn’t want to keep in a main slot due to the primary function of the artifact being utilized in a time period greater than every 40 seconds. So artifacts like Dead King, Philosopher Stone, Even Mercy protocol. Fittingly most Utility Artifacts that exist now…have synergy with the Utility belt abilities (but in the future maybe not limited to just these). I think to start there should be 3-4 Utility art slots in a characters Lair console or 3 of the 4 artifact slots being locked for utility artifacts only and the 4th being sort of a wild card slot for “any role” arts (omegahedron, laz pit, scrap, or scared to say EOG but it has been nerfed which opens up that possibility). This would of course need balance around what is considered an “any role” artifact.

The Goal: we already know elite level players use these (what I would call) Utility Artifacts in tandem with In slot Artifacts anyway already so it’s not like anything would be lost with this quality of life change. In fact I think ps4 players or players who prefer not to artifact swap at all would appreciate this too. So I say it’s net positive to lean into it. There are so many artifact options in the game and will likely be more in the future so encourage players casual and elite alike to diversify leveling more than just 3 artifacts. The game would make more money and player base would be happy to see that they can use more of the arts that they spend time/money on without it seeming too broken. Speaking of the future, the introduction of the Utility artifact system would ease the burden of the dev team feeling like all artifacts need to be the typical in slot Battle artifact and allow for more creative and fun options.
  18. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I actually like/prefer Buff Trolling. Originally I started doing it because battery trolling was getting too trivial for me, so I welcomed the extra challenge/purpose with open arms.
    When claw first came out, I was one of the first ones to rock it at 200 on my server; everyone HATED it, but I loved the challenge to still keep everyone's power up whilst also buffing the group.
    Now everyone and their grandma wants it (to the point of being a requirement).
    I always felt like Buff Trolling was "evolving", and that players shouldn't actually attempt it until they "mastered" the role (battery, etc) first.
    Whole new ballpark nowadays, but I still have love and have fun doing it.
    I just wish it never became a requirement, because that's just not fair.
  19. Royal Knight Kiryu Well-Known Player

What I’m about to say, probably will get my account banned, but I feel like this is the overarching question that every seasoned player has got to have for the developers at this point. What entirely is the point of giving money or putting in the time to build up your nth metal, Source marks, and seals for artifacts if the developers are just going to turn around once they get a wild hair up their *** and then Nerf these artifacts into the ground? You guys have already completely watered down the value of skill points past a certain level, making them nothing more than diminishing returns. You don’t continue to get a percentage based increase and instead just shrinking number of numbers . I have been here long enough to remember when combat rating wasn’t a thing before the first episode ever came out. Back then it actually took a bit of common sense, and you actually had value for skill points . You guys never returned my bat drone to me, you’ve ignored the request I’ve put in to return other base items that were taken, you haven’t returned what I earned from the eight man’s survival modes years ago, you guys had flavor of the month for years with a horrible imbalance of powers after game update 36. You took over six months to fix what was at the time quoted as a top issue in DC pertaining to ice not being able to use frost blast all while still having the staffing ability to put out two episodes and three seasonal’s. Those are just a few examples. Another one would be how are useless electric and nature DPS were unplayable four years in this game. And now that you got another wild hair up your ***, your first inclination immediately after doing a double arts is to Nerf more artifacts and introduced a new one? If the entirety of this company’s business model is the screw over people who have already earned their place and paid for what they have just tell me now so I can cancel my membership and leave.
  20. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Please find a way to merge these two, especially since Rao and Commlink are getting upgraded (I would really like to incorporate Commlink into my loadout without having to swap for claw/tetra/cog). I feel like it would majorly help limit/reduce (and the pressure of) artifact swapping for buff trolls as well. Thanks!