WHAT THIS GAME NEEDS

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GhostRyder3000, Jan 15, 2023.

1. Proxystar #Perception

Pvp used to be locked, so they could easily monetize pvp.

I know mepps has alluded to monetization in the past but really I think the bigger issue is that pvp and pve are too intrinsically tied and the flow on effects of touching either side lead to massive amounts of development resource.
  2. Grim931 Committed Player

Couple thoughts I had on this would be possibly making powers separate altogether. Kind of like how they have separate powers for some of the role functions of what used to be the same power, like Circle of Protection/Destruction. That might be an easier way to disconnect the powers from PvE, and allow the Devs to focus on smaller incremental adjustments from there.

They might need to start small though, and possibly do something that would be easier to manage. Thinking a new PvP-centric Iconics tree. They could do a few standard powers (pull various ones from Legends), introduce them steadily over time, and then potentially move on to themed character power bundles. If there is an uptick in PvP activity/positive testing feedback.

The other would be to bring back the Rock/ Paper/ Scissors element through PvP-only Artifacts for the base powers, and have them resist standard Damage roll powers to entice the shift back into that style of play.

That would be a few ways to provide some monetization if they could figure out a way to implement it properly. This, of course, would be if they could build a foundation that works first.

Just sucks that an entire portion of the game has fell to the wayside due to a lack of creativity/foresight/laziness. The whole "can't be monetized" thing is just an excuse... and a really poor one at that. There are plenty of ways to monetize it, but you need it to work first before you introduce those things.
    • Like x 2
  3. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Your post has given me an idea that I've seen in other games, and it's the exact opposite of yours. Have the powersets interact with each other. Quantum and Electric running together could cause a "cosmic event" an AOE attack. This would happen rarely but be devastating. Maybe once every 15 minutes. Maybe only have this happen in elite instances.

I've thought about this for all of five minutes, feel free to eviscerate.
    • Like x 4
  4. Grim931 Committed Player

No need to eviscerate, and the two could even be combined in some way actually.

What I meant as a separate power would be have one version specifically PvE (or two, depending on the role variants we already have), while the exact same power also having a PvP only variant.

The versions we have currently would all be null/void in PvP. That would sever them enough to be able to make adjustments and not alter one side or the other if needed.

They could also further develop this into PvP loadouts only. So you have Damage, Support, Stealth/form change (if applicable) currently, and PvP Damage (with variant powers), PvP Support (W/ Variant & Rock/Paper/Scissors), PvP (Form change/stealth).

If something is over/under performing, simply adjust PvP version specific powers. They could also alter power cost, cool downs, damage, range, control effects, and other enhanced power interactions (this is where your idea would come into play) for strictly PvP only.
    • Like x 2
  5. Ryazan Dedicated Player

This is how it should be by standard. PvP not affecting PvE in any form and vice-versa. I don't know about other people, but I would be pretty upset if my powers were just suddenly nerfed on some random day with the explanation that it was because of a game mode I don't wanna partake in.
    • Like x 2
  6. Dene Devoted Player

IIRC this actually happened early in the game. I'm trying to remember exact examples but I disctinctly remember a couple of powers being adjusted for PVP because they were too weak or stoing and it affected PVE, so then that needed to be addressed etc
    • Like x 1
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Just spitballing a little, but;

Yeah bringing back Rock/Paper/Scissors is one of the quick fixes I was thinking, I was also thinking about bringing back the movement mode debuffs.

They used to have debuffs in players movement trees that would just strip tanks of their abilities, for example ice tank pops off a shield, hit them with the movement power, shield gone etc. I think if they were brought back it could go some way towards leveling the playing field a little more against tanks.

The same could apply to healers with a debuff given to players that significantly diminishes a players ability to heal, so you don't just end up with immortal healers who possess just enough power to never die.

I think you'd have to do a bit of work on control effects so that the likes of mental and gadgets don't have advantages as well.

I also think artifacts, allies need to be disabled, also the moment you activate your PVP flag, any PVE gear being worn, even in open world is immediately disabled with stats reverted to 0.

And yeah monetization can continue to be made through, additional gear, additional feats, and yea perhaps exclusive PVP artifacts and allies where PVP balance is taken into consideration.

Perhaps even split out the feats between PVP and PVE entirely, where feats you obtain in PVP affect only PVP and vice versa, then people won't keep begging to get them if they can't be used in PVE anyway and that player chooses not to PVP, you'd just have to structure the PVP SP differently in what you get for each point spend.
    • Like x 3
  8. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

SIDE TANGENT

Yeah... I always thought it would be cool if there was more inter-connectivity between the powers.
    Fire & water = steam kinda thing.

But, I always questioned why Mr. Freeze's gun would have the same effect on an ice character that it would a fire character.

Shouldn't an ice character be less vulnerable to other ice attacks... and vice versa?

Shouldn't the fire character do more damage to Freeze?

Not an actual request. It would be cool, tho.
    • Like x 2
  9. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I could totally see something like that being possible via use of Unreal Engine 5, as it could handle such cool stuff to occur!
    • Like x 3
  10. Amalgam Universe Online New Player

I think they can make money from pvp by making pvp maps of the best maps currently in-game and charging money for some of those maps(zamaron, Atlantis, etc.). Pvp can also make money by making ally releases give users THAT particular legend as well because dcuo currently charges for some allies. The allies are a great advertisement to get consumers attention. The collisions on allies, henchmen, sidekicks, & pets have to be adjusted first of course. Maybe change things so that all of them can be pushed by our characters unless they are from the opposite faction(hero/villain).
  11. Random Mind Dedicated Player

FIX THE CRASHING PROBLEM!

Consistently crashing from warping or switching characters is a fundamental flaw in this game and I am flabbergasted that this issue has not be resolved by now. It should be the highest of priorities, not developing emotes. I guess if a bug doesn't reward players with free items, it goes on the back burner.
  12. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Yeah.

This is getting pretty bad. PS user.
  13. Solarbound Committed Player

We've been saying what this game needs for 12 years now. How much longer until the underwhelmed direction stops? Maybe this game needs to pull the... never mind. I might upset some people -_-
  14. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

The crashing has become pretty bad, I was on for less than an hour this morning and crashed twice. Instances are being affected by toons crashing during cut scenes.
  15. PetMidgets4Sale New Player

I just returned to the game, having not played since winter of 2018. Was excited to check out new episodes and catch up on what I had missed, however quickly I noticed the stat clamping. Not here to argue if it’s right or wrong, seems that’s up to the individual, however I can tell you that returning to my character and feeling as though they got WEAKER is huge drawback for me. I was getting my nephew into the game, but quickly found I no longer wanted to play my watered down character. So while you may be correct that the change is bringing more new people to the game. it def turned me away, and by extension, a new player as well now that my nephew isn’t interested in playing the game alone. Hopefully the stats clamp isn’t permanent and I’ll return when it’s gone. Otherwise, it’s been real DCUO, best of luck to ya. ✌
    • Like x 1
  16. Frostk21 New Player

It's great to see that you believe in its potential benefits for gamers like yourself. As for the #1 advertiser claim, it's essential to back up such statements with credible evidence and data to support your argument. While your experience at a large marketing company sounds impressive, it's important to note that being the top advertiser in a specific field can be subjective and can vary based on different metrics and criteria. However, if you have specific evidence or accomplishments that highlight your company's success in marketing and advertising, it would be beneficial to present those to strengthen your argument. Additionally, it's interesting that your company had some involvement with the Pokemon card game, even if it was brief. Collaborations and partnerships can bring valuable insights and opportunities to both parties involved.
  17. MxOiE Level 30

The first part of your message applies to any genre of content creation considering the industry in general is over saturated. That still doesn’t stop other people from finding success and it shouldn’t stop DCUO creators.

An issue I have with DCUO content creation is how there is not only a lack of support from the company but from other other creators as well. When was the last time we’ve seen a top DCUO creator shout-out a smaller channel or collab with one? I understand ALOT of the YouTube videos and streams for DCUO are low quality and that might stop them from being looked at by big creators but what about the channels that have the quality but not the reach? The fresh ideas but no eyes looking their way? How can we expect the area of content creation to grow when we have a handful of creators with all the eyes and reach while the rest fight for the scraps? Of course we’ll end up seeing the same content because people will try to copy what they see working, which is whatever the main creators do.

I do agree with you about the creators not being supported by the company. There definitely can be more shout outs and support from them but you already spoke about them so I didn’t want to just repeat what you said since I agree with it.

Also off topic but I’m so tired of seeing test server videos from everyone big or small.
    • Like x 1
  18. Eve YouTuber

New things seems to be the only thing that really "Get attention" in a way. I'm a small creator myself so I know the exact struggle. I also think the community isn't very supportive of small creators, even if their content is dfiferent. Also, DCUO doesn't give much to go for. I always try to come up with new ideas but there is a limit to what I can do aswell. I try to push for creators and I talk to Mepps about it often but I got a little tired of fighting alone.
  19. Mo Kenway Well-Known Player

Maybe after the next gen update, right now DCUO is pretty limited its struggling to handle new emotes at the moment
    • Like x 2
  20. SuperDepresion New Player

Well for the open map stuff i kinda love that idea maybe a open new starting hub like metro or gotham

as for the optional clamp stuff well i kinda said it in another thread clap its like taxes sadly, dont really want em or like em that much but not a lot off options without pulling back almost entirelly (wich means losing the money invested in making the clamp viable) tho in a personal note i would also like an option like for example making the walk ins unclamped that can only give feats and nothing else for example the walk in of kandaq, that its kinda imposible to get older feats due to well people not quein that much for those, even if you beg in the chat, believe me i had been there :(

sorry for broken gramar im not a native
    • Like x 3