Get Ready for the DCUO Name Reclaim 2023

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Apr 12, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gundraasi Well-Known Player

Well it is just a misspelling of "Pro Sieben" (Pro7) which was a German media group ("Sieben" = "Seven" in German) who bought the EU branch of SOE back in the days. It had nothing to do with any "Sabian" (which is a muslim religious group afaik) ;)

EDIT:
    Cheers
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It is account-based. Logging into the game on one character on your account will preserve the names of every character on your account. Active, currently playing in the last year, players won't be impacted by the name reclaim.
    • Like x 6
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Being banned would not preserve your name.
    • Like x 1
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

There will be a downtime for this maintenance on May 11 (give or take a few days).
    • Like x 2
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

There is an exact window of eligibility (have not logged in since April 11, 2022) and the reclaims will all happen at once on the same day.
    • Like x 2
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Names are not for sale.
    • Like x 5
  7. DuffleBagBoii Well-Known Player

Can we get something like this for league names?
    • Like x 2
  8. gunzAliance New Player

hi i have question will there be a specific time for launch of the name reclaim like thursday at reset for example ? also will it include names that have been banned previously and were unatainable before ?
    league names would be nice to have as well.
  9. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Please help me understand, I was going to take the 11th off of work but if it is give or take a couple of days then there is no way to prepare for the exact day?
  10. RTX Well-Known Player

I hope for a seperate statement.

Technically it´s easy to write a script which uses a list of * letter words (OG Names) which will try every name like a brute force.
    It should be clear to everyone that trying to sell names via LFG etc. should lead to a permanent ban.
  11. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Mepps can clarify but I think he’s saying dcuo isn’t selling names just releasing them from people who have tven
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We'll confirm the exact day of the maintenance closer to the date. Right now we expect the 11th.
    • Like x 4
  13. gunzAliance New Player

exactly dont know why people think mepps selling people names lol he just freeing up inactive accounts names so people who actually play dc can get the names they always wanted
    • Like x 1
  14. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Thanks Mepps
  15. Trended Active Player

Do you know how long the downtime will roughly be 8hours as normal?
  16. Caroline Dedicated Player

Far as I remember, last name reclaim was a bit more than 8 hours.
    • Like x 1
  17. Trended Active Player

Thank you :)
    • Like x 1
  18. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Anyone start a name bounty thread yet? Or do we post it here? 2bill to anyone who can get me my original Errl name back
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

After they buy them off the hoarders who will scoop them up of course.....but hey...getting the name is the goal...so win?
  20. myandria Item Storage

Well, the April Fool's gift potentially makes it easier for players to save their little used names that other players want. Both events are known by word of mouth, and that can spread fast, "Want to save your character's names without playing the game? Log in and get your April Fool's gift with just one character and you are set."

In my opinion, the devs could have held the name reclaim before and during the Mr. Myxy event. I think that would have given a better chance of freeing up some names.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.