Get Ready for the DCUO Name Reclaim 2023

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Apr 12, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Name Reclaim 2023!

Finding just the right name for your character can be tough, especially in DCUO where millions and millions of characters have already been created, locking up their millions of names. It's even more frustrating when the character with that perfect name you want is no longer active (or never was). That's where the name reclaim comes in.

Let's Free Up Some Names!

On June 1, 2023, we will reclaim names from characters on inactive accounts, freeing up those names so that you or anyone can again use them when creating new characters or renaming existing ones.

Here's how that works:
    • Characters on accounts that have not logged into the game since April 11, 2022 (or, in the last 12 months) will be renamed.
    • Renamed characters will have an underscore and Roman Numeral added to their existing names.
      • Accounts and characters will remain otherwise intact. No characters will be deleted.
    • Those names will become automatically available to current players through the regular character creation or rename processes.
    Last Chance! Save Your Name!

If you haven't logged in since April 11, 2022, and do not want to lose your characters' names, you have between now and June 1, 2023, to log into the game. Simply logging a character all the way into the game once will preserve every name on every character on your account.

If you know of friends or league mates who might have stopped playing but would want to keep their names, please help us spread the word before June 1, 2023, so that they won't miss out.

For everyone else, get ready to name or rename your characters with some new, old names!
    • Like x 28
  2. Eve YouTuber

[IMG]
    • Like x 9
  3. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

This will be fun to see trade chat filled with "selling OG names" again :p

PC players get your launchpad windows ready :cool:
    • Like x 7
  4. STsource Well-Known Player

Wait, last time this happened there was a server merge, this on the cards?
  5. BumblingB I got better.

Does this mean some sort of crossplay is happening? Or are you merging EU and US? (I hope not, language barriers and latency is going to be a nightmare.)
    • Like x 5
  6. Drathmor Unwavering Player

another cater to the uncreative. guess what people you still arent going to get the name FIRE or Blaze even if they are freed up everything will be gone is .2 seconds by name farmers.. good luck your going to need it
    • Like x 6
  7. Tolly Committed Player

I don't know how to view this measure, whether it is good or bad, it looks like a kind of identity violation...

You are probably right and all this for a practice as described by Osidian
    • Like x 1
  8. Rejchadar Inquisitor

I wonder if I can get back my old name that I lost after all the mess with Pro 7 or whatever it was called (already forgot ....)...
    • Like x 3
  9. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Outstanding, thanks for the reminder to log in and hopefully I can get a few names I been wanting for years
    • Like x 2
  10. Stag Active Player

Now this is about to be the most toxic name reclaim since 2015, CANT WAIT
    • Like x 1
  11. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

You got that special cape though from Prosabian for all your troubles :) was nice playing on EU but SOE while everyone else was forced to Prosabian back then
    • Like x 2
  12. Captain Shadowhawk Level 30

This should be a nice cash grab for daybreak with people buying character renames in the hopes of grabbing a pop culture name reference.
    • Like x 2
  13. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Very nice, but I just wish you guys had put some measures to prevent name selling beforehand...

A simple one would be making a name not instantly reusable upon character deletion (random timer).
    • Like x 3
  14. xXlNesTlXx Well-Known Player

Yeah because we only speak unga unga in EU and internet submarine wires are just a myth , for that reason all videogames still divided by regions in 2023 o_O
    • Like x 4
  15. Drathmor Unwavering Player

do you think its in relation to us getting the census again and now people can check names like we used to or unrelated?
    • Like x 1
  16. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Idk, it worked on Xbox (has been merged for a long time and I've never really seen any language barriers or latency issues). But I'm sure it would be a lot different with the population y'all have over there.
    • Like x 2
  17. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I feel like this warning is just gonna make all the name sellers log on for a moment on their million accounts XD

But I do hope I can snag a few I've always wanted :)
    • Like x 1
  18. BumblingB I got better.

You are clearly trying to put words in my mouth. I've played on the EU server and personally had latency issues because I live on the west coast of the US. Also, the infrastructure of internet is NOT the same as some countries, usually due to money and the inability to want to pay for the upgrade. I also take offense to how you decided to brand me in such a way.

It definitely would make a difference in latency, as per my response above. As far as language problems, it probably won't help how many people on the PC type and done use voice. I'm sure your platform can avoid barriers because you mostly adopted one form of communication that is easier to understand. That would not be that easy to do on PC/PS.
    • Like x 1
  19. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

unrelated. The past name reclaim was completely toxic and funny. The forums will filled with posts about players complaining they didn't get the name they wanted asking for another reclaim. Trade chats on the US servers were non stop filled with "wts OG name or wts _____ name" it completely drove a new underground economy of selling names. The names market in the past on US side was worth thousands of dollars USD. I know tons of names that people bought for 200-600 USD. Which is an insane concept to me personally.
    • Like x 6
  20. Drathmor Unwavering Player

agreed
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.