Idea for Low-Tier Content

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lugo, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

I think we will not see eye to eye here. Perhaps I was not clear that any funnelling idea should be stat-clamped, which would preserve the integrity of the content. I'm not saying funnel everyone in at different CR's. Perhaps thats the confusion. I'm not going over the population thing again, we can agree to disagree.

But to be clear, as I said before I was once very much in support of stat-clamping in one form or another. I've had many discussions on the topic and I now recognise the negatives and limitations of Stat Clamping. And I think it's not even the best solution to solve the issues you bring up, for the reasons I have already explained.

That is why I'm more interested in alternative solutions. I am very open to new suggestions and idea's regarding the topic of preserving the integrity of old content. However I don't think you have presented anything new or different from what as previously been discussed.
  2. Lugo Well-Known Player

fair enough
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Can't say for certain, but I don't think there was any sort of plan for a sidekick system for DCUO before launch. I know it was a feature in other hero games that was requested, but I just don't know if it was meant for this game.

And I don't know if using instances like the Stabilizer duo or things like seasonal instances works as well, because those are meant for all players regardless of level. And even with those, we had players getting rubbed the wrong way over clamping when it was first put into place.

Never mind that overgeared players were either breaking the mechanics of a seasonal instance due to blasting through it at top CR or other players were not even getting a chance to do ANYTHING in the instance because those top CR players would one-shot the event, it was just unfair that they were being limited!!!!1!1! :mad: :rolleyes:

The pushback on clamping for those events was strong enough that clamping on regular content was never really pursued seriously. And I'd imagine that, even though they aren't as vocal today, there's more than a few folks out there who still chafe under the few clamping restrictions that ARE in the game right now.
  4. Lugo Well-Known Player

just wanna add how top CR players also don't care about the team usually. if i end up dying, there will be three 300 CR players running pass my body to continue on their massacre because they honestly don't even need me there lol. i can't blame them. but there's a lot about having high CR players in old, dead content that really sucks. and I'd argue it's worse than being temporarily stat clamped lol
  5. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I'm not sure we can make a generalization like "top CR players don't care about the team," but it does sometimes seem to be a bigger problem with that part of the player base. Some assume that all players want to be carried, some may think that's how it's done because that's what they experienced or some simply forget that the folks at CR might want to actually participate in the content run. Whatever the reason, it's been something of a persistent problem.
  6. Lugo Well-Known Player

scaling is good
  7. the solowing Unwavering Player

My response to the end-is-neigh players?
    [IMG]
  8. Lugo Well-Known Player

for me, DC is already dead and it died when it failed to become the MMO it could've been

of course now it's a good way for a company to make money. but when I think about how the devs have been fine for years with leaving most of PVE and PVP a hollow shell of what it once was, along with the addition of more and more ways to pay through the game instead of playing through the game, it's clear this is a business that happens to be a game at the same time. but this is what capitalism does to art and fun
  9. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

I like this idea.

A few other players in these forums (including myself) had similar ideas to your own in a thread I recently made.

Giving players GREAT incentives to help others I believe is a good idea.

Offer rewards that even the most reluctant players would have trouble refusing.
    • Like x 1
  10. Lugo Well-Known Player

if only the devs had the time and energy to make a bunch of new feats, SPs, gear, styles and collections that could be rewarded for players going back and helping keep old content populated...

wait they do it all the time but with loot boxes so they can take advantage of "whales" instead of revitalizing most of the game. how's it make sense to skip brand-new players to the end of the game...

edit: ps, gonna check out this thread after work
  11. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

I feel for you. Hopefully, this Stat Clamp will help you and your friends have a better gaming experience. (^_^)

I've witnessed many new players claiming that DC Universe Online is boring.

Maybe because of the very reasons you've stated.
  12. MVP1992 Level 30

I for one would love to see this kind of thing implemented. Other players might not, but since I'm one of the people that prefer to run instances solo, having that option would be a neat feature to have. The devs could set it up where when you queue up for instances, you can choose to have your other toons tag along, as well as choosing their roles. Our alts can be scaled up or down according to the content we're running, making the gear they have on a non factor, and while they won't be as good as an actual player, they could still hold their own.

Once again, the AI partners will play according to how the instance needs to be played mechanic wise, and will only be used as a support system to help make your run smoother. Does this mean they can't die? or that they will make feat chasing easier? No. As far as loot goes, I think all loot should be rolled by the toon you are using, rather than your alts since they are just bots.

Lastly, I think that this feature should only be used for Duos and Alerts. It makes more sense for people like myself to come out of their shell for Raids and actually work with other players to complete them. Plus Raids are more brutal, especially the elite versions, and our AI alts shouldn't be able to help there without the feeling of them being OP or broken.

I forgot to mention that all of our alts should at least be level 30 and completed the original campaign in order to be selected to join said instances.
  13. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

• Like x 2
  14. Lugo Well-Known Player

Everyone who was against stat-clamping is and has always been wrong. Omnibus at least gets queues popping, gets you marks and nth metal, and makes older content more playable.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. Just don't even speak to me o_O
  15. Wallachia Devoted Player

Yeah, like this guy here:

16. Lugo Well-Known Player

i contain multitudes :3
  17. Mister Hando Active Player

Omnibus is already good for the Old Instance.
    But, the Old World need help. The matter is we are not enough for the bounties. Perhaps, new reward for them will be good too.
    And, if it is not enough, perhaps (daily/Weekly) quest to do with reward.

And me too, I hate the actual lootbox. It was better in the past.
  18. Lugo Well-Known Player

the devs need to STOP making new open worlds that are just copies of open worlds we already have, just for them to end up dead and empty

somehow they need to find a way to fuse all of the copies of metropolis and gotham into one large open world

if they can do this, and stop putting everything in the watchtower/HOD/house of legends so people will have to be out in their worlds more, this could make the game more interesting

it doesnt make sense that they leave all these open worlds sitting around, rotting until someone becomes so OP (or jus stat skip over most of the freaking game they wasted their time making) and can solo everything

a more active and exciting world, with different heroes and villains all zooming around on their missions, would be an improvement to the DCUO experience

instead we have like 80 versions of an empty metropolis or gotham. so interesting! (and a lot of these raid areas would make for better areas to hang out than the HOD or house of legends, and theyre already in the freaking game but whatever)